Fundraise?

#1 Posted by hollitz (1589 posts) -

So this is my first SMT proper game. I'm about 5 hours in and enjoying the hell out of it so far. One thing I'm really curious about though. The system wherein you ask the enemies you are fighting for money...and then they give it to you...and then they let you kill them.

I've played my fair share of JRPGs and I love me some stupid bullshit. But this just seems strange to me. Is there some logic here that I'm missing? Maybe some folklore that I don't have knowledge of?

#2 Posted by Superkenon (1487 posts) -

Your dude's just that damn smooth.

#3 Edited by DeadeyeMcCoy (258 posts) -

You don't really get enough Macca out of it for it to be worth the tedium. If you're looking for the why, I think it's implied you just annoy the demons so badly that they eventually cave and pay up. Demon negotiation's always been funny and full of dumb quirks; they'll just as soon tear your neck open for a harmless comment as they will sing your praises for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.