Shin Megami Tensei 3DS game in development. What are your hopes?

#1 Posted by Hailinel (23878 posts) -

So in addition to a Persona and Devil Survivor title for the 3DS, Atlus is also apparently working on a Shin Megami Tensei title with no current affiliation to any MegaTen franchise like Persona or Devil Survivor.  What do you guys think it might be?  A traditional, new SMT like Strange Journey?  A possible DS remake of an earlier SMT title?

Personally, I think it'd be cool if Atlus gave an earlier SMT title the remake treatment, especially since the west never got official releases of the first or second SMT or Shin Megami Tensei: if....

#2 Posted by marchismo (70 posts) -

Raidou Kuzunoha 3DS 

Remakes of SMT1 or 2 would be pretty awesome though.

#3 Posted by InTheEnd (268 posts) -

Holy shit, really?! A persona game for the 3DS and new original SMT game? Sign me up! I had no idea, I guess I should be more inquisitive. Either way I wouldn't mind a remake of the older stuff or a new game altogether. 

#4 Posted by skippyscissors (386 posts) -

I still want a remake of the Persona 2 duality, but I think that's more of a PSP thing.
Seeing the original SMT on the 3DS would be cool...was that game ever in English? I forgot.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Personally, I'd want a SMT3 3DS just because I've never had the chance to play it and I'm certain I would enjoy it.

#6 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I'll take whatever SMT games they give us.

#7 Posted by Alucard_N7 (78 posts) -

Persona 4 on the go Hell yeah!!

#8 Posted by NorseDudeTR (421 posts) -

Want it to be released in Europe. That is all, I trust the SMT guys to make something good without me suggesting shit on a forum.

#9 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Dark humor, a reflection on life, deep conversation with demons, and a new Jack Frost.

#10 Posted by Morningstar (2139 posts) -

Hoping for a new game. If it's something like Nocturne I'd be ecstatic.

#11 Posted by CaLe (3910 posts) -

No school students, or anything related to the education system in general. Mental patients or single middle-aged women please.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (35992 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

and a new Jack Frost.

You do realize there's absolutely no chance of this happening, right?

#13 Posted by Hailinel (23878 posts) -
@Video_Game_King

@metalsnakezero said:

and a new Jack Frost.

You do realize there's absolutely no chance of this happening, right?

They've included special Jack Frost variants before.

Also, holy shit. You guys resurrected a really old thread.
#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (35992 posts) -

@Hailinel:

I thought he meant 100% revamping Jack Frost's look.

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

So this turned out to be Shin Megami Tensei IV right?

#16 Posted by Hailinel (23878 posts) -
@Hunter5024

So this turned out to be Shin Megami Tensei IV right?

Yep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.