Shin Megami Tensei IV website updates

#1 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

The Japanese SMTIV website has been slightly revamped, this time with some pretty sick beats.

http://megaten4.jp/

That's in all likelihood Meguro, but he's a man of many mysteries as we are all aware. It's goddamn awesome in any case.

I believe the first text says something along the lines of "Start Demon Summoning Program" and after it loads it just talks about the trailer included with Soul Hackers.

I suppose from here on out the site will see regular updates at certain intervals. Oh, I'm gonna stay tuned all right.

#2 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

@Eirikr: You think it's Meguro? I thought the SMTIV teaser hinted a decent bit at a female lead character that looked a bit like that silhouette.

#3 Edited by Soren (291 posts) -

Man, the beats they've released so far have been well and good, but this is the sickest beat of them all.

#4 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

@Eirikr: You think it's Meguro? I thought the SMTIV teaser hinted a decent bit at a female lead character that looked a bit like that silhouette.

Yeah, it's been pretty ambiguous as to the main character's gender. I was honestly hoping the game would have not only a selectable gender, but race as well. I want to be a white dude facing the Japanese apocalypse, just like I do everyday in real life.

#5 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

I am behind this music 100%.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23905 posts) -

@Soren said:

Man, the beats they've released so far have been well and good, but this is the sickest beat of them all.

This is truth, right here.

Online
#7 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

Hurry up and sell me a 3DS, Atlus

#8 Posted by Amethus (68 posts) -

This sounds so good. That Nocturne remix was one thing, had me wanting to replay it but this just makes me more excited for 4.

As for who composed it, I think Kenichi Tsuchiya is working on the game so it could be him.

#9 Posted by Delsaber (198 posts) -

Agreed; Kenichi Tsuchiya is a solid guess. It sounds more electronic than Shoji Meguro's usual, though he has drifted in that direction before.... but still. Meguro's a busy man these days, y'know? Can he really be everywhere so far as Atlus projects are concerned?

If it's not Tsuchiya, I suppose it could also be Atsushi Kitajoh. There's stuff on his various Trauma Center soundtracks that's pretty close to this.

#10 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

Slight update! A teaser for the second trailer will be shown on Nico Nico (and I think Youtube as well) on the 17th @ 9PM Japan time. The full trailer will be shown at Sega's booth at TGS 2012 next weekend. GOOD THING I'M ALREADY GOING, FUUUUU (don't worry, it should be leaked or just released in short order)

#11 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

wait, why are they showing at sega's booth?

#12 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Animasta said:

wait, why are they showing at sega's booth?

Because Atlus normally doesn't have a TGS presence. I'm honestly surprised it'll be there at all! Apparently something similar happened with Catherine where it was shown courtesy of another company's booth.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (23905 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

@Animasta said:

wait, why are they showing at sega's booth?

Because Atlus normally doesn't have a TGS presence. I'm honestly surprised it'll be there at all! Apparently something similar happened with Catherine where it was shown courtesy of another company's booth.

The situation was similar at PAX last year. I don't remember what company it was, but Atlus's booth was part of a larger area that was sponsored by another company. The area was divided between several different game companies.

Online
#14 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (457 posts) -

Sooooo...threw the site up in the background probably an hour ago...still playing. So good XD

#15 Posted by pekoe212 (434 posts) -

Oh maaaan, that music has got me officially excited. I want to be playing an SMT game RIGHT NOW.

#16 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Eirikr said:

Slight update! A teaser for the second trailer will be shown on Nico Nico (and I think Youtube as well) on the 17th @ 9PM Japan time. The full trailer will be shown at Sega's booth at TGS 2012 next weekend.


Why are you making it harder for me to see a goddamn trailer for your product, videogame companies?
#17 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

The site is now officially official! Nothing new so far except the uncut trailer that's been posted elsewhere, but I'm sure it's gonna have updates either weekly or bi-weekly.

Also, the new horrendous demon designs seem to be bosses, at least from these first looks. I'd be much more approving of such a direction.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (23905 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

The site is now officially official! Nothing new so far except the uncut trailer that's been posted elsewhere, but I'm sure it's gonna have updates either weekly or bi-weekly.

Also, the new horrendous demon designs seem to be bosses, at least from these first looks. I'd be much more approving of such a direction.

Yeah, I saw at least a couple of recognizable designs in the trailer. (Granted, it would be insane if Jack Frost weren't in the game, but still.)

Online
#19 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Hailinel: Jack is totally in there, in a Famitsu screenshot.

I'm still weirded out that they haven't shown Cu Chulainn. Maybe it's because he'll look like a trapezoid with wings in this game or something. :p

#20 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

The SMT IV website saw a significant update with the details and pictures of new characters Kaga, Tayama, and the "Black Samurai," plus details about the society in the latest post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

#21 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

Now who could this character be? She seems to be wearing a demonica identical to the ones worn in Strange Journey. Can anyone translate?

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Not a website update, but Famitsu has confirmed that SMT IV uses the press turn system and describes how players may revive after dying.

- Siliconera

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.