SMTIV Story Details

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

From Famitsu:

The game is set in the country of East Mikado, which has a civilization like Medieval Europe. Tokyo is in ruins and covered by darkness, and demons run rampantly. Samurai are able to control the demons using gauntlets, which have a demon summon program built into them. Their mission is to exterminate demons from the country.
A list of characters is also provided:
  • Protagonist (CV: None) – an 18-year-old young man living in Mikado Country. He is a member of the samurais who exterminates demons.
  • Jonathan (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya) – a young man who has a gentle nature and good upbringing. He is an intermediary between the friends of individual samurais.
  • Izabo (CV: Miyuki Sawashiro) – the lone lady among the samurais, she is a veracious young woman with a strong mind. She seems cold at first, but she seems to have underlying layers.
  • Walter (CV: Katsuyuki Konishi) – a young man who seems to have bad behavior. Although he’s rough around the edges, he has a lot of passion.
  • Navarre (CV: Shintaro Ohata) – a high-energy young man with a strong sense of elitism. He hates to lose.

That sounds like some Shin Megami Tensei kinda business. I'm a bit disappointed that the protagonist isn't female like some rumors had stated upon the game's announcement, but that's not too big a deal.

Source

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I'm totally down for some samurai demon summoning.

#3 Posted by Bocam (3746 posts) -

Well Jonathan's confirmed to be a bad guy

#4 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

King frost leading an army of jack frost into battle is awesome

#5 Posted by Turambar (6784 posts) -

Those demon designs are kinda...huh.

#6 Posted by BoG (5189 posts) -

But I don't want a 3DS =(

Of course, I should finish the other games first. I'm halfway through games 1-3, ha ha. I can beat them!

#7 Posted by Hailinel (24735 posts) -

@Bocam said:

They're almost all confirmed to be bad guys. No matter who you side with, someone will hate you.

#8 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

The new demon designs are absolute garbage. I couldn't be more disappointed than I am right now.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24735 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

The new demon designs are absolute garbage. I couldn't be more disappointed than I am right now.

I never would have predicted that the demon designs in the game would be done by people that worked on Kamen Rider, of all things.

#10 Posted by envane (1163 posts) -

i was already really disappointed by the choice of platform , so meh , no biggie

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

I can't wait to buy a 3DS I don't really need for this game. 

#12 Posted by Bocam (3746 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Bocam said:

They're almost all confirmed to be bad guys. No matter who you side with, someone will hate you.

It's more of a voice actor joke.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (24735 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@Hailinel said:

@Bocam said:

It's more of a voice actor joke.

Ah, I see.

#14 Posted by Urmean (599 posts) -

I think a more optimal romanization of the Heroine is "Isabeau," since it's Hebrew for "God's Promise."

#15 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Urmean said:

I think a more optimal romanization of the Heroine is "Isabeau," since it's Hebrew for "God's Promise."

You were spot on, dude!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.