Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 20, 2003

As the world comes to an end through the acts of a cult's sacrifice, a teenage boy is transformed into the Demi-Fiend, neither fully human nor demon. With opposing forces fighting to shape a new world, he has the power to guide the path of its creation.

I beat Matador!

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joques

Just had to brag. I started Nocturne last year, ran headfirst into Matador and got expertly butchered, then quit the game in disgust. Now I decided to try again, from the beginning, and I'd been reading up a little on the game, specifically how the skill leveling mechanics work and some technical details on the press turn battle system. And hey presto, Matador was no longer any kind of insurmountable obstacle, EVEN AFTER I stupidly threw away one of my demons' War Cry during a fusion. Got him on the first try - now looking forward to really getting into the meat of the game!

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mcfart

Good job :D! Matador was so fucking hard for me. I overleveled as much as I could (dudes gave nearly no exp) and he was still a tuffie.

Prepare ur anus tho, Nocturne's not done :). Though IIRC, Matador was one of the hardest bosses in the game since he's so early on, when you have fewer fusion possibilities.

ps: loved Nocturne tho. The press turn system was really cool, same with having Demons as party members.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Congratulations, it was Matador that killed Nocturne for me many moons ago, I crashed into that wall and just never wound up going back to it.

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By joques

@meatball: He really isn't that hard. Just pay attention to your Matagama, switch back and forth between them to hoover up all the skills you can (you can tell when a Matagama's about to impart a skill. Then make sure to ingest that one before you level up.) Buffs and debuffs are super useful compared to other games - especially when fighting a boss who can max out his agility buff with a single spell. Buff your own party and debuff him, all the while whittling down his health.

And for goodness' sake, make sure you have the matagama that gives you drain zan - that way Matador's turn will always end when he uses Mazan, and you will gain some health for it. I had a zan-draining demon in my party too, very useful.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is exactly what happened to me. I mean, except for the trying again an succeeding part! Congrats!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.