Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 - Innocent Sin

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 03, 2011

A PSP remake of the original PS1 title Persona 2: Innocent Sin. The remake is the first version of the game to see official release in North America.

Seriously, can we expect a North American release for P2P?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

My gut feeling is "duh, it's Persona", but on the flipside, it's for the PSP and games do NOT sell on the PSP out West. I know they released P3P and Persona 1, but how did those sell? Not to mention we live in a (soon to be) post-3DS launch world, which I assume can only make the PSP's importance even smaller out here. 

I really hope the game gets a release date here but I want to be realistic. What do you guys think are the odds?

crushed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By crushed

Pretty damn likely. Atlus has localized every single game this generation, except one (Growlanser PSP), and Persona is their cash cow.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I think it's possible.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

It's doable, but I find those old Persona games before 3 to be pretty unplayable, if you're used to 3 and 4. The tone's completely different, and the gameplay and structure are really weird in comparison. 

Also would it have both Persona 2 games in it, or just the one? It'd be nice to have an official north american translation of the 2nd one. Then again I don't know if that Hitler stuff would be a big hit. People seem to be afraid of including him in video games, short of Wolfenstein.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By animateria
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " It's doable, but I find those old Persona games before 3 to be pretty unplayable, if you're used to 3 and 4. The tone's completely different, and the gameplay and structure are really weird in comparison.   Also would it have both Persona 2 games in it, or just the one? It'd be nice to have an official north american translation of the 2nd one. Then again I don't know if that Hitler stuff would be a big hit. People seem to be afraid of including him in video games, short of Wolfenstein. "
    I thought putting Hitler in games were fine as long as you get to kill him? 

And old Persona games are just Shin Megami Tensei games really. I think Persona 3 gave the series it's own flavor. 

From what I remember Persona 1 did surprisingly well in NA, that might give a chance for P2 here.
    crushed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By crushed
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " It's doable, but I find those old Persona games before 3 to be pretty unplayable, if you're used to 3 and 4. The tone's completely different, and the gameplay and structure are really weird in comparison.   Also would it have both Persona 2 games in it, or just the one? It'd be nice to have an official north american translation of the 2nd one. Then again I don't know if that Hitler stuff would be a big hit. People seem to be afraid of including him in video games, short of Wolfenstein. "
    P2 PSP is only Innocent Sin, which is the first game that never came out in America. America got only the second half, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Crushed: 
    Ah okay, then I'm significantly more interested, given that it would be the first time we saw that game here. 

@animateria:
    Yeah I think that's my problem, they were too "dark" compared to the recent Persona games which had the twisted demon stuff in it, but took a more up-beat perspective on it, which fits the high school setting more.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Crushed: 
    Ah okay, then I'm significantly more interested, given that it would be the first time we saw that game here. 

@animateria: Yeah I think that's my problem, they were too "dark" compared to the recent Persona games which had the twisted demon stuff in it, but took a more up-beat perspective on it, which fits the high school setting more. "
    Eternal sin didn't even have teenagers though. Innocent sin is really good though
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Laketown: Wait, which one? You just combined both into one name. Innocent Sin was the one that didn't come here and Eternal Punishment was the one we got. I've played neither, but from the videos I've seen, it's just too different from 3 and 4 for me to enjoy as a persona game. I don't really like SMT outside of Persona, so the more messed up they get the less likely I'm playing it.

I liked 3 and 4 because you're a high school student in modern japan, which is a totally bizarre setting you don't see very often in an RPG. Especially with the dating sim elements.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Laketown: Wait, which one? You just combined both into one name. Innocent Sin was the one that didn't come here and Eternal Punishment was the one we got. I've played neither, but from the videos I've seen, it's just too different from 3 and 4 for me to enjoy as a persona game. I don't really like SMT outside of Persona, so the more messed up they get the less likely I'm playing it.  I liked 3 and 4 because you're a high school student in modern japan, which is a totally bizarre setting you don't see very often in an RPG. Especially with the dating sim elements. "
    Eternal sin had 20 somethings, but I haven't gone through it yet (it's the second one) Innocent sin is the one I'm playing through (translated), you're a high school student... that really doesn't need to go to high school at all. It's still great, the story is very very good and is definitely more persona than you think it is. No social link stuff obv, but the story is still about high school students getting over stuff :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.