Confused about the ending *SPOILERS*

#1 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

How exactly did the MC die? They don't really explain it at all. I didn't start the answer yet because i need a break, but please explain it to me. Also, how come he died 1 month after he sealed Nyx?

#2 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

He used all of his power sealing away Nyx, he kept his memories whilst everyone else bar Aigis forgot until their graduation. Once he fulfils it he has kept his promise and dies, he was always going to but managed to hang on to do this. 

The Answer makes it all clearer though so don't worry.

#3 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Ah, alright, thanks.

#4 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

I would skip the Answer if I were you.

The original ending is great , and The Answer doesn't really add anything positive to it.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

I didn't understand he had died until I started The Answer. I honestly thought he innocently fell asleep on Aigis' lap. The Answer explains a few things (not only things that have to do with the ending of The Journey), but I don't know if I'd recommend it. It has its moments.

#6 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

I'll play it for the sake of playing. It's persona after all.

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -
@Knave:  Minus the social links.
#8 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

I think people are down on it because it has no S-Links for obvious reasons and the majority of the time is spent dungeon crawling, it's extremely combat orientated and so I can understand why people miss the variety. 

#9 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

I just started it, and it's really confusing. It already feels unnecessary for it to be part of the story.

#10 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
" I think people are down on it because it has no S-Links for obvious reasons and the majority of the time is spent dungeon crawling, it's extremely combat orientated and so I can understand why people miss the variety.  "
Dungeons and combat is my favorite part of the Persona games, yet I hate the answer. Its just really poorly designed and paced.
#11 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

You're better off just forgetting that The Answer exists and thinking that the protagonist just takes a nap

Ignorance is bliss

#12 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@thehexeditor said:

" You're better off just forgetting that The Answer exists and thinking that the protagonist just takes a nap  Ignorance is bliss "

Original ending made me sad. Very sad. Answer made it even sadder.

Because I named the MC after me...Er, it's a bit awkward. I mean, yeah, I was a badass and saved the world, but I died?
#13 Posted by Knave (548 posts) -

Lol i just watched the cutscenes on youtube. Nothing special, the only good cutscenes were like the last 2. Boring.

#14 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

The answer is kinda dumb, but it adds to the story and characters, which in the end is all I care about in SMT. Granted the story is kinda hokey, but the character development is fine and it clears up questions because it wasn't fucking obvious enough that when you use the final attack on Nyx it consumes all of your HP.

#15 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:
" I think people are down on it because it has no S-Links for obvious reasons and the majority of the time is spent dungeon crawling, it's extremely combat orientated and so I can understand why people miss the variety.  "
Dungeons and combat is my favorite part of the Persona games, yet I hate the answer. Its just really poorly designed and paced. "
The actual narrative I've liked so far, I'm at about the 3rd dungeon and still enjoying it. That said I will concede the pacing is erratic at the best of times.
#16 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:
Dungeons and combat is my favorite part of the Persona games, yet I hate the answer. Its just really poorly designed and paced. "
The actual narrative I've liked so far, I'm at about the 3rd dungeon and still enjoying it. That said I will concede the pacing is erratic at the best of times. "
I'm sorry to tell you that you've experienced, like, 90% of the narrative in the answer already. The rest is pure dungeon crawling. And the story? goes nowhere and suddenly- I won't spoil anything just keep playing and you'll see for yourself.
#17 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @WatanabeKazuma said:
The actual narrative I've liked so far, I'm at about the 3rd dungeon and still enjoying it. That said I will concede the pacing is erratic at the best of times. "
I'm sorry to tell you that you've experienced, like, 90% of the narrative in the answer already. The rest is pure dungeon crawling. And the story? goes nowhere and suddenly- I won't spoil anything just keep playing and you'll see for yourself. "
Meh. There is no stopping me now, THE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION!!!
#18 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma: aw, shit son! now we're talking game.

Don't care 'bout no gay ass japanophile sim. its time for the X-PRESS!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.