Dating just one girl

#1 Posted by Terrents (292 posts) -

so ive looked all over and i cant seem to find if it is possible to date just one girl and still get the S-links with the others but keeping it platonic. every forum i find the only real awnsers i seem to find is how to cheat without getting caught. i dont want to cheat on these girls! D: thats not nice! so before i start talking to more girls and the game screws me by making the other girls jealous. i would like to know if this is even possible. do i get the option to say  "lets just be friends"? or will they even be aware that i have a girl friend?
#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Terrents:  Been awhile since I've played Persona 3, but I think relationships were unavoidable with some S. links at a certain rank.  I could be wrong, though.
#3 Posted by Oobir (68 posts) -

They automatically become your girlfriends in P3 as the S-Links progress, so you'll have to be a cheating bastard to max all the links. I've only played the PSP version, which is supposedly a lot more lenient about relationship penalties than the original, but I think avoiding S-Link reversals requires you to hang out with your girlfriends sooner after you've gone out with another girl.

#4 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Wait what?! I'm still playing through FES now and I've had no trouble with the different S-Links. Maybe it's because I waited until I maxed the party member ones before moving on meaning the S-links couldn't change or reverse.  

I am in December and have had no trouble so far, if it actually comes to bite you on the ass, I'm in for a world of trouble.

#5 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma: If you're already maxed you're safe. The problems occur if you jump from one girl to the other often before maxing it out.
#6 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@eldiax:  Thought so, I took the "You have forged a unbreakable bond" literally, good thing it works! 

That said I have had to skip back a month, left myself with only a month to max out Mitsuru, Fuuka & Aigis' S-links.
#7 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

Persona is based around the concept of "Bone, and move on." You max it out with a lady, then ignore her completely and move on to the rest of the ladies begging for your attention.

#8 Edited by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@supermike6 said:

" Persona is based around the concept of "Bone, and move on." You max it out with a lady, then ignore her completely and move on to the rest of the ladies begging for your attention. "

Truer words have not been spoken. As much as it annoys me.
#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@supermike6 said:
" Persona is based around the concept of "Bone, and move on." You max it out with a lady, then ignore her completely and move on to the rest of the ladies begging for your attention. "
This goes for real life as well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.