Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Fuuka's VA is really distracting

• 63 results
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gahzoo

I really don't understand the hate.

Yeah, it's not really good voicework, but her in-battle quotes really aren't that loud, especially compared to Rise or Teddy. Like am I missing something?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By toowalrus

I'm about 25 hours in now, so she's been with me for awhile. I don't mind her- she's definitely not somebody I enjoy listening to, like with Mitsuru, Yukari, or even Aigis, but I don't hate her. She's weird, she's like a blank slate, she just reads lines in the most bland way possible, with very little emphasis or emotion involved, which I suppose is supposed to match her personality, but I can see how it would be off-putting. So far, the only person's dialogue I skip through is fucking Pharos AKA "Mysterious Boy." I like how he sounds just like Astaroth from Catherine (they're both voiced by Yuri Lowenthal,) but I just don't give a shit about anything he has to say. I'm interested to see if they do anything worth-while with him though, because so far, he just seems pointless. I still read everything he's got to say, but when I can read faster than he can speak, I'll skip his dialogue.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By j0lter

She told me to run from The Reaper, and then i one-shotted it

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By toowalrus
    @j0lter said:

She told me to run from The Reaper, and then i one-shotted it

Early on Mitsuru warned me that she sensed Death's presence, then I stepped right into the fight, and was quickly one-shotted... Lost like an hour of progress. Good times.
    j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By j0lter

@Phatmac: You are a disgrace, sir.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Petiew
    @TooWalrus said:
      I'm interested to see if they do anything worth-while with him though, because so far, he just seems pointless.
    They do, there's a lot more to him than you've seen so far. Plus you can be a total ass to him when he visits you at night without consequence since he's an automatic level up.
    j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By j0lter

@TooWalrus: I had that happen early game as well. I felt like i could take it on since i overleveled, but noooo, i got shot in the face lol

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By xatmos

I played an "undub" copy. Japanese voice reinserted into the English game. Used PCSX2. (I own 2 copies of Persona 3, but neither of them is the Japanese version, so I technically pirated the voice over, whoops) I don't totally hate the voice work in 3, and I'm not one of those people that always wants original Japanese voiceover, but 1 clunky delivery can really take you out of the game.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Nux

Nope, I never had a problem with it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By Phatmac

@j0lter: Who do you think you are? Fuck off.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By penguindust

I think they were trying to imitate her Japanese voice-artist or maybe they weren't trying to imitate it enough which is why, when possible, I prefer Japanese audio with English subtitles.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Fuuka's Japanese VA in P4A makes me want to claw my ears out. Holy crap, I feel like beating the crap out of my opponents when they're using Fuuka as their Japanese voiced navigator.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By Bigheart711

Wasn't much into her at first, but I got used to her by the end of the P3P Female version of The Journey. I like her ENG VA a lot more than the JPN one, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.