Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Have P3, want FES

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By spiceninja

I'm nearing my end of of Persona 3, and I really want what FES has to offer. I plan on selling my copy of P3 for FES. So,  if I buy FES, will it read my P3 memory and I can resume my journey?

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zajtalan

yeah pretty sure

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Steve_C

Yeah, but keep in mind that all of your equipment will only be useful inside 'The Journey', the main Persona 3 story. 'The Answer', the extra chapter that FES has, has you starting from scratch and none of your items etc. carry over. I found it kinda interesting on the story front, but 'The Answer' wasn't that great to be fair. It removes a lot of the gameplay, pretty much focusing exclusively on battles and grinding. Not too fun.

TheDudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheDudge

If you transfer your data from P3 to FES, you will have to start the game over from scratch, and from memory, its like a new game+ with only the academics, charm, courage, persona compendium and max s-link items carrying over.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By spiceninja
    @Steve_C: Wait, i'm getting conflicting information. If I buy FES, do I have to start over, only with my stats there? I'm only 40 hours in. Do I have to play that over again to get back up to speed? Should I just beat P3 first before I buy FES?
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Steve_C
    @PlasmaBeam44:

I assumed that it would pick up where you left off, but perhaps with all the additions and the new social links it would rather you started from the beginning again. 'TheDudge' is probably right in what he is saying, so it's up to you whether you would wanna start again or not. It would give you more time to focus on social links and get more of those done throughout the game if you start off with high knowledge, charm, and courage stats though, as you wouldn't have to spend as much time improving and maxing them out.

I started out with FES, so i have no first-hand experience with transferring over from P3.
    ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ashogo

There's only one new social Link (Aigis) which doesn't start until the final month. There is also one new school event and some new scenes like the koromaru walks, control room videos, and Elizabeth dates, plus some new personas. If you want to see all of the new stuff you'd have to start over any ways, and the changes aren't really going to make the game seem new or anything-they're just nice bonuses.

The Answer is a nice epilouge story, but if you hate grinding it will be a chore. Personally I'm liking it so far-the story is interesting, you just don't get much of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.