Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Nyx tips? (Spoilers?)

Ventilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ventilator

Can anyone help me out? 

Here´s my situation:

My party is Yukari, Mitsuru and Akihiko. All lvl 76-77. I fight Nyx and use Mediarama after every 2 turns he does, just because they hurt a lot. This works well until he starts charming. I tell everyone to heal/support and eventually one of them decides to use a dis-charm, so I live.

Then it starts breaking out the Power Charged God Hand. This easily insta-kills me. If I try and prevent it by lowering it´s attack or increasing my defense then I´m using up my turn not doing Mediarama, which kills me.

When I tell Akihiko to heal/support he´ll just cycle trough his buffs, Mitsuru and Yukari just use Diarahan. So I´m the only one with a working Mediarama.

I need to do something totally different, but I can´t because somebody needs to heal, and the stupid AI sure as hell isn´t going to. I would easily win this if I had control of all characters :(

(Speaking of stupid AI in P3, Mitsuru has just enough SP left for a final attack on an almost dead monster, and she uses Mind Charge)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By penguindust

Hmm, I don't know off the top of my head.  My crew of Yukari, Mitsuru and Aigis were at least 5 levels higher than you're group is now.  I used Aigis (82 in my game) a lot I think as a support character with Yukari, Mitsuru and my toon (level 92) as offense.  

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Just try to get to level 80 if you can. At that point, you can fuse the best Personas in the game, two of which can do a fusion spell that automatically causes 9999 damage. If you don't have a save before the point of no return, I can only recommend you find persona that have either Tetrakarn or Makarakarn. I don't think Nyx can absorb spells or physical attacks, he can only block them depending on which arcana he is. Your level for the battle is more than adequate, but if you're playing on Expert then I can understand why you're having trouble.

Ventilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Ventilator
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:

" Just try to get to level 80 if you can. At that point, you can fuse the best Personas in the game, two of which can do a fusion spell that automatically causes 9999 damage.  "

I consider that cheating. :)  

@Sleepy_Insomniac

said:

" Tetrakarn or Makarakarn. "

Thanks for putting this idea into my head. I can skip on the Mediarama if I can make it waste it´s turns because I have a shield up... theoretically...
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @Ventilator: I wouldn't consider that cheating considering how long it takes to get the personas and the skill. But, to each their own I suppose.
    amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By amino
    @Ventilator: 

Using armageddon cannot be called cheating,since players must work very hard to get those two personas(Helel and Satan).Also,that is the only way to defeat the hardest boss in P3 game.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By FancySoapsMan

get a Saki Mitama with mediarama and divine grace. You can heal your entire party each turn for very little MP cost. Leave most of the attacking to your allies (rush button is your friend). When she uses the reflecting attack, set everyone to standby and use the opportunity to heal and recover MP.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fourby

I had Yukari as well... but I can't remember the other two members I had... I think it was Ken and Doggy-Dog. Whatever my main party was, we were all level 99 by the time i fought Nyx (legitimate means, people.) Not sure what too tell you, but here's a little horror story scenario to try and avoid. 

On my first try, after suffering through this fight longer than I care to admit, Nyx is finally on the brink of death (as in, the health bar is NOT VISIBLE). One more turn and my long journey would have come to a joyous end, and here comes Nyx's last turn. "Nice try Nyx, but nothing can save you now! HAHAHAHAHA *heroic pose*", or so I thought. You see, Nyx decides to throw out one last charm spell, just for the hell of it. Not a problem so far. It hits Yukari successfully. I still don't see a problem here. Yukari goes next, and casts a full heal. ON NYX. This is the single most soul-shattering thing thats ever happened to me in my gaming lifetime. I try to keep fighting, but at this point Nyx is back to full health using his full-power abilities from later stages in the battle, and soon all is lost. 

I came back the next day and beat it, but the exact same thing happened again, except this time Yukari's heal missed Nyx. Good thing too, I might have stopped playing altogether if that happened twice. So yeah, be aware that something like this is a major threat later on.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Catolf
    @Ventilator:  I played and beat the origional, not FES, my party was Aigis, Junpei and Akihiko and my levels were all 90, the main was 98. I didn't once use a heal during that fight (didn't need too) Aigis, Junpie and Akihiko are great with buffs and de-buffs, this I did that at first before I went into attack mode. I didn't do anything special honestly, but I did create Sasano-O who did some great damage at the cost of my life but it was pretty minimal so I didn't worry about it.

I just had everyone pretty much attack normally and I beat it the first time around. Jin and Takaja (before the fight) got spammed with 'rush' before I went in, i knew once I did that I had nothing to really worry about unless Madoon or Hama was cast. Which happen once for hama and once for Madoon(sp?) but I would kill off Nyx' life before Nyx even got a chance to gear up for round two. None of my characters were Hama'd or hit with Madoon, or even charmed.

BUT

When Nyx started throwing up shield, Aigis did hit that and almost killed herself, but I had a persona with full heal on hand so I fixed that up fast. Overall the fight took me 10 minutes.

@amino said:
    " @Ventilator:   Using armageddon cannot be called cheating,since players must work very hard to get those two personas(Helel and Satan).Also,that is the only way to defeat the hardest boss in P3 game. "

No, it's not, I just used regular Persona, I even made 'emo jesus' and I didn't even bother to use him, I only used Sasano-O and had no issues, done in ten minutes.

Unless your speaking about Elizabeth and even then I will work hard to prove that wrong on my play through of FES
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Catolf: "Hardest boss" does mean Elizabeth. Nyx can be defeated without Armageddon, and I would encourage people to try beating her without having to rely on it.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Catolf
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @Catolf: "Hardest boss" does mean Elizabeth. Nyx can be defeated without Armageddon, and I would encourage people to try beating her without having to rely on it. "
    Ah i thought so. As I stated I'm going to work hard on not needing something like that to win. (I hate fusing mostly as well XD) so we'll see how it goes.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Catolf:  I'm pretty sure using Armageddon is needed to kill her. And just going and using it right away isn't enough to beat her.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Catolf
    @FancySoapsMan said:

" @Catolf:  I'm pretty sure using Armageddon is needed to kill her. And just going and using it right away isn't enough to beat her. "

No. You don't need to use it and it's actually forbidden to even try and use it before her life is near gone according to ATLUS wiki.

Elizabeth has some unspecified yet strict conditions for this request aside from requiring the Protagonist to fight alone:

• No Persona with more than one Null/Repel/Absorb property is allowed. Only Resist skills can be used to cover any applicable weaknesses.
    • No accessory that nulls any kind of Physical/Magic attack is allowed.
    • It is forbidden to use a Persona whose singular Null/Absorb/Repel property counters her own currently summoned Persona.
    • It is forbidden to use the Armageddon Fusion Spell at any point in time. (except when her HP is at around 9,999 or lower, to which she can no longer retaliate after being hit)

If any of these conditions are violated, Elizabeth will summon a Pixie to fully heal herself with Diarahan, and also use a modified version of Megidolaon which deals 9,999 damage, well beyond the maximum HP that the Protagonist can attain. One casting means instant death. If the Protagonist is auto-revived by an item, Persona skill or accessory, Elizabeth will just repeat the vicious attack to do him in.

So I don't think I'll bother with it. I can use my skills alone without some seemingly cheap fusion spell XP Not saying that people who used it are cheap, I just mean that I'd feel better if I didn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.