Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

P3:FES Coming to PSN

• 123 results
    ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ckeats

It was announced yesterday that Persona 3: FES is coming to PS2 classics next week.

No shit, I was looking at copies on eBay for $30

Linky link

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Now more people can enjoy the best game ever made. 

Hopefully this means they'll be putting up the rest of the PS2 SMT games soon

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Nice. I might actually snag this then.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ckeats

@FancySoapsMan: I don't see P4 coming anytime soon with the Vita version right around the corner. Maybe a while after depending on how it sells.

Edit: Now give me the Devil Summoner games and I'll be on board day one.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

To all that buy this game and play it for the first time through PSN:

Avoid The Answer like the plague. It is a miserable experience that ignores a large portion of what makes Persona 3 so great. The Journey is all you really need to play.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bobstar

@Hailinel said:

Avoid The Answer like the plague. It is a miserable experience that ignores a large portion of what makes Persona 3 so great. The Journey is all you really need to play.

What, I don't get this. What exactly is The Answer and The Journey?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

@Hailinel said:

Yeah, this is my response. I've only ever watched a The Answer playthrough on Youtube because I realized right off the bat that it was... lacking...

I wish they'd combine P3P with FES to make the ultimate Persona 3 experience. Neither is perfect, but together they're better than Persona 4.

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By TheWyotee93

I just bought P3P on PSN because it was half off. I dont know how i feel about this then......

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By X19

For PSP or PS3? 

I will buy it if it's for PS3. 

Edit: Oh PS2 classics so it will work for PS3.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

I thought the answer was fine, story wasn't great but whatever

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chop

@AndrewB said:

@Hailinel said:

Yeah, this is my response. I've only ever watched a The Answer playthrough on Youtube because I realized right off the bat that it was... lacking...

I wish they'd combine P3P with FES to make the ultimate Persona 3 experience. Neither is perfect, but together they're better than Persona 4.

pfffffffffffft...You're insane. Persona 4 shits on every version of Persona 3 in every single way.

Anyways, I agree about avoiding the answer. It's just a miserable, stripped down dungeon crawl.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AndrewB

@Chop: I feel like the only people who could feel that Persona 4 is better than Persona 3 are people who watched the Persona 4 Endurance Run first and don't have an open mind. The Endurance Run is what made me take the plunge on the Persona series (I was already extremely interested), and I still feel like Persona 3 is better in many ways, minus the crucial ability to control your party members, added in P3P.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @Bobstar

@Hailinel said:

The Journey is Persona 3 proper. The Answer is a FES-specific story set after the main game that's pure dungeon crawled with no social elements and a story that takes a heaping shit on the characters. It's just a slow grind with unnecessary frustrations.
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By DarkShaper

@Bobstar said:

@Hailinel said:

When you start up Person 3 Fes you can chose to play either The Answer or The Journey. The Journey is the entirety of what Person 3 was and The Answer is an epilogue. I have not played The Answer and I never finished The Journey but I hear The Answer is bad.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chop

@AndrewB said:

@Chop: I feel like the only people who could feel that Persona 4 is better than Persona 3 are people who watched the Persona 4 Endurance Run first and don't have an open mind. The Endurance Run is what made me take the plunge on the Persona series (I was already extremely interested), and I still feel like Persona 3 is better in many ways, minus the crucial ability to control your party members, added in P3P.

Well, you're wrong then. I've been an SMT fan since Nocturne first came around and have gotten in on every SMT game since. Persona 3 had pacing problems out the ass, boring social links, and less interesting writing overall. Seeing as how the Persona series lives and dies by the story, yeah I consider Persona 4 to be a much better game.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndrewB

@Chop: The only pacing problem Persona 3 had was in that next-to-last month, which I'd absolutely agree is a killer problem (the reason I stopped playing P3P for a long while and haven't come back to it), but if you think there was more to it than that, I'd argue Persona 4 probably had the same problems. There are more likable characters and a less typical anime-esque plot to Persona 4, sure, but the good characters and overarching plot point to Persona 3 barely outmatch that of Persona 4 to me. They're both great games, but I just like the whole experience, and specifically the ending, to Persona 3 a little more.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew
    If you can't accept that people could prefer P4 to P3, perhaps you yourself do not have an open mind.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AndrewB

@LordAndrew said:

If you can't accept that people could prefer P4 to P3, perhaps you yourself do not have an open mind.

That's not it at all. I accept that other people have different opinions, I just like to express why I have the opinion I do. Especially since it feels like the less popular opinion and I feel like I have something to prove.

I would never have even given Persona 3 a shot if I didn't think Persona 4 was a great game.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

I just bought this for 30$ on PS2. Ah well, it mostly for the collection so I don't mind.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta

Well Nocturne is better than either of them so

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chop

@AndrewB said:

@Chop: The only pacing problem Persona 3 had was in that next-to-last month, which I'd absolutely agree is a killer problem (the reason I stopped playing P3P for a long while and haven't come back to it), but if you think there was more to it than that, I'd argue Persona 4 probably had the same problems. There are more likable characters and a less typical anime-esque plot to Persona 4, sure, but the good characters and overarching plot point to Persona 3 barely outmatch that of Persona 4 to me. They're both great games, but I just like the whole experience, and specifically the ending, to Persona 3 a little more.

The summer months are what actually killed Persona 3 for me. "Hey, want to just hang out with two old people who bitch about a tree for a month? No? Fuck you, you're doing it anyways!"

Either way, we're basically arguing over our own personal tastes at this point. We're not gonna get anywhere, so I'll just agree that they're both fine games and shut my mouth.

DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By DallasTheGamer

Sweet. FES is great imo. I guess i'm one of few who had fun with the Answer part. I thought it was pretty cool.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By beargirl1

huh. and to think i bought this + P4 a couple of months ago for 50$ together. ah well. i like owning physical copies of stuff.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stubbleman

@Hailinel: I mean, let's be generous here. It had some really cool story hooks. I still think Metis is a cool character, Aigis made a great protagonist and the early parts where everyone is dealing with the elephant in the room feels really cool. It could have been genuinely awesome if they hadn't done some of the things they done. I still can't believe how badly they ruined Yukari's character and all that Evangelion shit at the end really wasn't helping things much either. On second though, you're right. Fuck the answer.

: the PSP version is way way way better; so don't beat yourself up. The massive amount of extra content they added for that version more than makes up for whatever misgivings you may have for not being able to run around town in 3d.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Animasta

@somnambulist said:

I still can't believe how badly they ruined Yukari's character

what? explain! Yukari had every reason to be hateful towards Aigis.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Djratchet

SO here's my question... As someone that has never played P3, should I get FES or P3P?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@Animasta said:

@somnambulist said:

I still can't believe how badly they ruined Yukari's character

what? explain! Yukari had every reason to be hateful towards Aigis.

I thought Yukari's character development was one of the few good things about The Answer.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hwy_61

My only exposure to the Persona Series is from watching the ER. Would this game be a good start off point for a newbie?

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stubbleman

@Djratchet: Portable took out all the running around town in 3d and replaced it with 2d backdrops which serve the same function but makes it feel more like an oldschool adventure game. I would gladly sacrifice that for being able to control you're AI partners in the dungeons though, which Portable added. Also, being able to play as a girl changes up a lot of the story a lot more than you might think. It's got some wholly original social links even. So I say P3P is totally the way to go.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Meh. I have Persona 3: Portable for my Vita and I could play Persona 3: FES on my BC PS3 but it like the rest of my PS2 games I rip to my main computer and emulate the game so I can run it in 1080p and save at literally anytime.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Djratchet

@somnambulist said:

@Djratchet: Portable took out all the running around town in 3d and replaced it with 2d backdrops which serve the same function but makes it feel more like an oldschool adventure game. I would gladly sacrifice that for being able to control you're AI partners in the dungeons though, which Portable added. Also, being able to play as a girl changes up a lot of the story a lot more than you might think. It's got some wholly original social links even. So I say P3P is totally the way to go.

oh ok. P3P is definitely for me then, because Persona 4 is my only real bit of exposure to the Persona series (Well, I did dump a few hours into Persona 1 PSP) But I like having full control of my party. Thanks!

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By s-a-n-JR

@AndrewB said:

@Chop: I feel like the only people who could feel that Persona 4 is better than Persona 3 are people who watched the Persona 4 Endurance Run first and don't have an open mind.

And who aren't completely insane.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By retrovirus

Nice. Always wanted to play a Persona game since seeing the Endurance Run, and this gives me the perfect opportunity.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Jeust

Nice addition. A great title, and one of my favourite games for the PS2.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bighat_logan
    @AndrewB said:

Persona 4 is just a much more well put together game. In P3 you didn't even get the S-links for your party members till the near end of the game. Also most of the P3 S-links are no where near as good as the P4 ones.
    bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bighat_logan
    @Djratchet said:

SO here's my question... As someone that has never played P3, should I get FES or P3P?

I'd say P3P because it has even more stuff in it
    Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bobstar

@Hailinel: @DarkShaper: Oh, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By stubbleman

@bighat_logan: And that's just, like, you're opinion man. I don't see why we have to resort to hyperbole with these games. They're both great. I prefer 3 just a little bit, but that doesn't mean I have to act like 4 was written by stupid babies either. That said, Bebe could still beat Funky Student's ass; any time; any day.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Oh shit. My disc is getting a little wonky (very occasionally getting the battle bug) and having a safety net now is fucking great. 

Now the only thing they need on there is SMT3. I officially don't have a working copy :( 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Animasta

@somnambulist said:

@bighat_logan: And that's just, like, you're opinion man. I don't see why we have to resort to hyperbole with these games. They're both great. I prefer 3 just a little bit, but that doesn't mean I have to act like 4 was written by stupid babies either. That said, Bebe could still beat Funky Student's ass; any time; any day.

at what? making clothes? the only NPC that rivals funky student (doesn't beat him obviously) is Mitsuru fan or whatever she's called

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hailinel
    @Animasta

@somnambulist said:

at what? making clothes? the only NPC that rivals funky student is Mitsuru fan or whatever she's called

That Mitsuru fangirl is amazing.
    Sanaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sanaj

@Animasta: What about male student that says he's on his cell phone every time that you try to talk to him?

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By Zleunamme

Folks like Persona 4 because it's a lot more forgiving then previous SMT games. Fewer random encounters, the party leader dies in battle, the game ends sort of things. I wished Atlus would release other SMT games like Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga (1&2). Since Square Enix hasn't made a decent JRPG is last six years. People should buy Persona 3: FES.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RE_Player1

For $10 I'll be it in a heartbeat even though I already played through the PSP version twice and the new stuff added isn't great from what I've read.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ExplodeMode

Don't you get tired in the dungeon in Persona 3?  I think I remember hating that.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RE_Player1

@ExplodeMode said:

Don't you get tired in the dungeon in Persona 3? I think I remember hating that.

Playing it on my PSP was fine because every so often I pop off a couple floors on the bus or waiting for class. If I was playing on a console though I could see it getting tedious with long stretches of play time.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@bighat_logan said:

@Djratchet said:

That's not completely accurate. P3P adds a female main character version of the story but simplifies the roaming graphics. P3: FES only lets you play as a male but adds another 10-20 hour epilogue of sorts that starts several months after P3 ends.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By Commisar123

I hope Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga come on over, because I really don't want to pay for actual PS2 copies right now

Sanaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sanaj

@ExplodeMode said:

Don't you get tired in the dungeon in Persona 3? I think I remember hating that.

It's much more an issue at the start of the game and becomes less of a problem further in the game.

I liked having an out. Great, someone's sick or tired so I can put off going to Tartarus for another night.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bighat_logan
    @ShadowSkill11 said:

@bighat_logan said:

@Djratchet said:

That's not completely accurate. P3P adds a female main character version of the story but simplifies the roaming graphics. P3: FES only lets you play as a male but adds another 10-20 hour epilogue of sorts that starts several months after P3 ends.

But the answer is complete shit

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.