Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

P3's soundtrack sounds like Funky Student's mixtape.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

This soundtrack is bloody hilarious! After watching the P4 ER again recently, I decided to finally head into P3 and give myself a whirl with the franchise. I haven't gotten very far yet (balancing this and ME3, and I've only just summoned my first persona... during the first hour? For P4 I recall it took like 5 for things to get going :P), but so far my first impressions are high. I still really enjoy the graphical style, like the cool comic-book panel reactions, and while the voice acting is... somewhat sub-par compared to the general quality in P4 (as is the localisation from what I've read thus far - dialogue wise), a lot of it is still proving to be highly enjoyable. The guy wearing the brown sweater and glasses is so damn bad! It's brilliant! Oh, but Igor sounds a lot more... eager than he did in P4. Is it the same VA I wonder? It sounds like it, but the performances are miles apart in tone I think.

But more importantly, this soundtrack is fucking baller... I don't wanna search youtube for the soundtrack in case of song title spoilers, but anyone who's played P3 will obviously know what I'm on about with all of its supa fly beats & hippity-hoppoty gibberish. In any case, I sense nothing but great things from this endeavour.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

dude I hated the soundtrack at first but now it's one of my all time favorites. 

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

Yea the soundtrack is really great, better live. No spoilers in the title of song.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Devoid

Bro, Persona 3 has like my favorite soundtrack in anything ever.

Can't get enough of tha-BABY BABY BABY BABY BA-BABY

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By pyromagnestir

I believe I've left the game running idle in the intro menu just to listen to the music in both intro video's. So yeah, it's not bad.

Excited Igor struck me as well. He's younger though, and maybe once he finally got to the top of the infinite elevator he became jaded for the infinite car ride. Plus the car seemed more cramped. Lady is no Margaret though, but she's got some fun stuff.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DeathByWaffle

@Devoid said:

Burst out laughing remembering the BABY BABY BABY BABY BA-BABY

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aegon
    @Devoid said:

Mass...Destruction 

OOoooo Yeaah  darum da dow darum da dooow Beybeh Beybeh DARAM DADOW DARAM DADOOOOW  

Also this   
    Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Wraith1

man Persona 3's soundtrack is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'd say Persona 3 has my favorite final boss theme and battle theme in any video game ever.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MoseSSesoM

@FluxWaveZ said:

I'd say Persona 3 has my favorite final boss theme and battle theme in any video game ever.

This.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake

Igor's and Ikutski share the same VA so yeah that's why they sound similar. Once you know that you can NEVER get that out of your head. I felt the same about P4's soundtrack and voice acting when I first played it but after a while you get attached to it. The localisation is pretty great when you think about so it's no surprise that P4 and P3 are some of my favourite games when it comes to the audio department.

You should totally finish it when you've got the chance. It's a bit grindy but the story and fantastic boss theme's (especially the last boss) are awesome. I should know, I've finished it at least 5 times (P3 FES and P3P).

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#12  Edited By donutfever

I thought I liked what I saw of P4 from the ER more than P3 when I was playing it, but in retrospect I think I liked it more.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By YI_Orange

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yes. The final boss theme is amazing. Also, unavoidable battle, one of the other boss themes, is pretty fantastic. Not to say master of shadow(full moon boss) and Master of Tartarus(standard floor bosses I think) aren't plenty good. I like the battle theme in Persona 4 more though.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By neurotic

Yeah, some parts of the soundtrack get really annoying after a while (I'm looking at you dorm theme) but damn does Battle For Everyone's Souls (final battle music) and Heartful Cry (certain battles in The Answer) make up for that. Pretty much all of the other battle music is fantastic too.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@YI_Orange said:

I like the battle theme in Persona 4 more though.

I didn't mean Mass Destruction; I meant Heartful Cry. Probably the most beautiful battle theme in an RPG for me.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB

@FluxWaveZ said:

Hey, I was going to say that. Actually, it's kind of the moment directly *after* the final boss battle (Burn My Dread). And the regular battle theme is (slightly) better than Persona 4.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vexxan

@Wraith1 said:

man Persona 3's soundtrack is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18  Edited By JamesJeux007

Shoji Meguro is a god among men.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By YI_Orange

@FluxWaveZ: Ah, yeah, Heartful Cry is pretty good. I thought it was for one of the boss fights in The Answer though. It's a tossup between that and Darkness as best new track for FES for me. Man, I really wish the Answer was better. I was so excited to jump back into that world but my god it was just dungeons. The boss fights and story moments were pretty good, but nothing spectacular I thought.

When you said beautiful battle theme I immediately thought of People Imprisoned by Destiny from Chrono Cross. It's a boss theme, but like the Gwyn theme. It's one of those ones that instead of trying to make you get all pumped up just makes you sit back and think "Damn..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDbfOdvFBrA

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bocam

@Abyssfull: Which version are you playing P3P, FES, the original? Also it's the same voice actor for Igor as Persona 4. There's a reason for his difference in tone. I still think Persona 2 is the best in the series (story and character wise)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yummylee

@Bocam:P3 FES. And now after hitting around 10 hours, I still stand by this soundtrack being fucking incredible. It's so bananas, the kind of bananas that only Japanese Gibberish-Pop could muster. The monorail theme was outstanding and really got me in the mood for a boss battle too; just wish it carried over into the fights and wasn't constantly getting cut off by everything.

The only complaint I have thus far is how you can't freely control your party members. It feels insane after watching so much Persona 4, but I'm adjusting (and I know that you can control them in the psp version, but no psp). I also think the story started off a little quick; it feels like no time at all that you're heading into the Dark Hour and messing up blobs of tar and ghost gloves. Persona 4, while started off reeeally slow, I think benefited as it introduced everything at steady pace and felt somewhat more appropriate for how the characters responded to everything. I'm curious to know why Junpei (who's great... but annoying... but still great. Always enjoy listening to him find me some ''phat loot'') wasn't apart of the team to begin with instead of weirdly just inserting him as an outsider, then instantly just coming to terms with everything (even moving in your dorm) about the same time you discover shadows.

They're only minor fuddles, though. The combat I still really enjoy (splitting up is a great way of scouring the map quicker for goodies/grindin' as well; shame they removed it), and the somewhat smoother effects of everything during combat I think look better than P4.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude I love that soundtrack so damn much. Throughout my playthrough I ended up inventing my own lyrics for nearly every song. Love the Paulownia Mall track.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yummylee

Oh, and I cannot get the regular battle theme out of my mind. I've been tapping along to it all day.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By BoG

When I first started playing P3, I didn't like the soundtrack. 100 hours later, I don't think there is a bad track in the bunch. It really stands out as great among JRPGs, and that is saying a lot.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TobbRobb

Most of the soundtrack is awesome, I just really hate some of the most frequent ones, read regular battle theme and the roaming around town theme. Which is too bad.

Boss music and other random songs are fucking awesome though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@TobbRobb said:

Most of the soundtrack is awesome, I just really hate some of the most frequent ones, read regular battle theme and the roaming around town theme. Which is too bad.

Boss music and other random songs are fucking awesome though.

The Town music isn't one of its best, though I find it hilarious how it gets all smooooooooth and slow when you enter a shop.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Cathryn

Love both soundtracks, but P3 will always have an edge for me. I actually like the running around town music for the MC (not so much for the FeMC in P3P) and when the dorm music finally changes in the last month of the game, it is pretty awesome as well.

I miss Mass Destruction -- I haven't played the MC version of the game since P3P came out and the FeMC battle theme isn't nearly as good.

Also, first shadow battle when the protagonist first summons their persona? Killer music there too.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yummylee

AWWW YEAH GETTIN' FUNKY WITH THIS SHIT BLAT BLAT BLAT GODDAMN THIS SOUNDTRACK

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.