Persona 3 FES Endurance Run (Part 15-16)

Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

If you didn't read the title, this is part of a longer series. The rest can be read here.

I found myself with a dilemma on Wednesday. I could either write a very short, rather uninteresting post about out Tuesday session, or wait until today and combine our last two sessions into one post that is way too long. Obviously, I chose the latter. Thursday was fucking crazy, and a lot of things happened that I did not expect to happen, which may cause this to be quite a substantial post. Which is good, because I haven't posted anything to this site in over a week. It feels good to be sitting in my chair, drinking my tea, and writing about Persona 3 again. So, without any further ado, let us commence on a written adventure through our last few sessions of Persona 3 FES!

We finally got to hang out with Stoner Man! We actually managed to become "Smart" last update, but we actually hung out with him for the first time on Tuesday. There was one minor hiccup though, which was that the game decided to be an asshole. See, we can only hang out with Stoner Man on Sundays, which means if we don't hang out with him one day we have to wait a whole week to hang out with him again. The first time you go to see him, you don't actually get to Rank 1, he just complains to you about how awesome his pen is, and how much it sucks that he has lost it. Then, we had to go back to the dorm, and it turned out that our dog friend had his pen. Awesome! Now, we can hang out with Stoner Man! Next Sunday. Anyways, we waited a week to hang out with him, and it turns out he's not even a Stoner Man! What the heck!? It turns out he's just a Dying Guy. NOT AS COOL.

We also hung out with Yukari some more! I once again got pissed off at the stupid gift system, but apparently I made the right choice in giving her some sort of watch. We are now Rank 9 with her, which means next time we are totally going to bone. Also, she has started wearing a weird outfit that's all lacy with frills and stuff. At first, we just thought she was wearing that when she calls us at night, but she apparently just kind of wears it out to restaurants and stuff as well. It's weird. This game seems to be pretty un-creepy a lot of the time, but this and the high-cut armor just drive home that this game was made in Japan. By Japanese people.  And we all know that all Japanese men are perverts with no exceptions whatsoever.

We hung out with Fuuka again also. Turns out, she's still kind of annoying. Also, she still likes to make her stupid confused face that makes us laugh. Levi took a picture and it is now his phone background.

Speaking of phone backgrounds, we also did some fighting! Two great things happened: First, we managed to make it to the end of the fourth block, and beat the boss in our first try. We usually just go into boss fights expecting to die our first time just to check out it's strengths and weaknesses. We were doing that this time, but even with the amount of screwing around we did at the beginning of the fight, we still managed to kill the giant Hulk Hogan fairly easily. Secondly, Aigis used SP. That's right. This is the first time in the whole game she has done anything other than a physical attack. I was impressed. I was also suprised by how damn fast she managed to burn through all her SP just using Dekunda over and over again.

Oh yeah, we made it to the top of Tartarus. That's right, the top. There is no more Tartarus for us to explore. Obviously this means the game is over, right? Right? Obviously not! We're only 50 hours into this game!

Now is the bit where story happened. We had not one, but two boss fights in a row, followed by half an hour of story. This meant we went a full hour without saving the game. It was nerve-wracking.

So, Fuuka found out where the final Ordeal boss was, and so we traveled over to the bridge. When we got there, it turns out OH GOD the two remaining members of Strega were there to stop us! They still think the Dark Hour is a good thing (and I still don't know why) and want to stop us from killing this final (we're not kidding guys, the game is over) Shadow and ending the Dark Hour once and for all!

They were pretty easy to defeat, because they're just two regular-ass dudes instead of giant monsters like we usually fight. One guy just threw grenades over and over again, while the other guy used magic attacks that only targeted one person at a time, so we ended up not having to worry very much. We expected it to be easy though, because we knew there would be another boss fight right after this without a save point in between. After the dudes we're defeated, Takaya (the one without a shirt) totally threatened to kill himself. The other guy was all like, "No, we can't kill ourselves! Stop!" and then proceeded to convince his friend that jumping off the bridge (and killing themselves in the process) was a better idea. Yeah. I don't really get it. Also, as they jumped off the bridge (with a terrible animation to accompany them) their last words were, "This is how we lived." which doesn't really make any sense to me. They lived constantly jumping off bridges?

Then, we had to fight the main Ordeal Boss, who had apparently been crucified, and then the cross he was nailed to was attached to a helicopter sort of thing, which caused him to be flying all the time. It looked really gross, because he was hanging by the flesh that was nailed to the cross, which I assume would be quite painful. He made three statues come out of the ground, which when killed caused his helicopter to stop working, and he crashed onto the ground where we could attack him. Once again, our attack mirrors saved the day, causing him to do 400 damage to himself in a single turn at one point.

Once he was defeated, everyone cheered, because obviously now the game is over and there will be no more Dark Hour and everyone will be happy again and nobody will ever die again and also all the governments will decide to never fight again. Our party decided to celebrate by having a sick SUSHI PARTY the next day, which I guess is the equivalent of a pizza party over there. Or the watermelon party in Persona 4.

We woke up the next morning to Pharos (Mysterious Boy) standing next to our bed. DURING THE DAY. He announced that he was leaving because obviously everything is over now. Which is why we are celebrating with a sick sushi party! YEAH SUSHI. Even Mitsuru's crazy eyepatch dad who looks like Big Boss came and told us what a good job we were doing! The only problem was Aigis and the Chairman were missing. Hmm. Whatever, it's picture time! We got treated to a three-second long animated cut-scene of us taking the photo which reminded me a lot of Yellow Submarine for some reason.

But where are Aigis and the Chairman? It's almost twelve, they should be here soon.....OH NO DARK HOUR. It turns out that we didn't actually end the Dark Hour, and there's still more left in this game! Who would've thunk it? Then, a bell started ringing which demanded everyone's attention. It was coming from Tartarus, so everyone rushed over there only to find that Aigis and the Chairman were inexplicably absent for a reason.Holy shit guys. I thought they would just skip the ending celebration just to get drunk or something, but it turns out they were planning NEFARIOUS THINGS.

Apparently, the Chairman was evil this whole time, and killing the shadows actually helped him do whatever he was doing! I don't know how, but he said something about "The Fall", which I guess means everybody dies. We don't want that! But, before we could do anything, Aigis captured us all and took us away. We wake up on top of the observatory in Tartarus, and everybody is nailed to crosses. That's right, everyone was fuckingcrucified. I don't actually think we were nailed through our arms though.

The Chairman then informs us that we all must be sacrificed so whatever he's doing can be done, so he commands Aigis to kill us all. She looks into our creepy eyes, and decides she likes us too much to kill us. Awwww. How sweet. So, the Chairman gets all angry but then our helpful dog friend comes by and attacks him! Yeah Dog Friend! Then, Aigis shoots us all! Oh no! Just kidding, it turns out she somehow shot all the nails out of the crosses or something because we all ended up on the ground. Then, Mitsuru's dad arrived. With a gun.The Chairman then takes out his gun also, and they both shoot each other to death! Mitsuru gets really sad, and the Chairman falls off the roof to his death.

Finally after all that, we get to save the game. Sheesh, I feel like I just wrote a small novel. We have now gone five hours of this game without dying once, which I am really proud of. We are 53 hours into the game, and to be honest I have no idea where we are going to go from here. I mean, there's no more Tartarus! Where do we grind? In Yukari's bedroom, if you know what I mean. HA! Jokes. Anyways, see you next time, when hopefully the update will be a significant chunk shorter. I'm also going to try to actually write something more next week, because I don't like not writing.    

#1 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

If you didn't read the title, this is part of a longer series. The rest can be read here.

I found myself with a dilemma on Wednesday. I could either write a very short, rather uninteresting post about out Tuesday session, or wait until today and combine our last two sessions into one post that is way too long. Obviously, I chose the latter. Thursday was fucking crazy, and a lot of things happened that I did not expect to happen, which may cause this to be quite a substantial post. Which is good, because I haven't posted anything to this site in over a week. It feels good to be sitting in my chair, drinking my tea, and writing about Persona 3 again. So, without any further ado, let us commence on a written adventure through our last few sessions of Persona 3 FES!

We finally got to hang out with Stoner Man! We actually managed to become "Smart" last update, but we actually hung out with him for the first time on Tuesday. There was one minor hiccup though, which was that the game decided to be an asshole. See, we can only hang out with Stoner Man on Sundays, which means if we don't hang out with him one day we have to wait a whole week to hang out with him again. The first time you go to see him, you don't actually get to Rank 1, he just complains to you about how awesome his pen is, and how much it sucks that he has lost it. Then, we had to go back to the dorm, and it turned out that our dog friend had his pen. Awesome! Now, we can hang out with Stoner Man! Next Sunday. Anyways, we waited a week to hang out with him, and it turns out he's not even a Stoner Man! What the heck!? It turns out he's just a Dying Guy. NOT AS COOL.

We also hung out with Yukari some more! I once again got pissed off at the stupid gift system, but apparently I made the right choice in giving her some sort of watch. We are now Rank 9 with her, which means next time we are totally going to bone. Also, she has started wearing a weird outfit that's all lacy with frills and stuff. At first, we just thought she was wearing that when she calls us at night, but she apparently just kind of wears it out to restaurants and stuff as well. It's weird. This game seems to be pretty un-creepy a lot of the time, but this and the high-cut armor just drive home that this game was made in Japan. By Japanese people.  And we all know that all Japanese men are perverts with no exceptions whatsoever.

We hung out with Fuuka again also. Turns out, she's still kind of annoying. Also, she still likes to make her stupid confused face that makes us laugh. Levi took a picture and it is now his phone background.

Speaking of phone backgrounds, we also did some fighting! Two great things happened: First, we managed to make it to the end of the fourth block, and beat the boss in our first try. We usually just go into boss fights expecting to die our first time just to check out it's strengths and weaknesses. We were doing that this time, but even with the amount of screwing around we did at the beginning of the fight, we still managed to kill the giant Hulk Hogan fairly easily. Secondly, Aigis used SP. That's right. This is the first time in the whole game she has done anything other than a physical attack. I was impressed. I was also suprised by how damn fast she managed to burn through all her SP just using Dekunda over and over again.

Oh yeah, we made it to the top of Tartarus. That's right, the top. There is no more Tartarus for us to explore. Obviously this means the game is over, right? Right? Obviously not! We're only 50 hours into this game!

Now is the bit where story happened. We had not one, but two boss fights in a row, followed by half an hour of story. This meant we went a full hour without saving the game. It was nerve-wracking.

So, Fuuka found out where the final Ordeal boss was, and so we traveled over to the bridge. When we got there, it turns out OH GOD the two remaining members of Strega were there to stop us! They still think the Dark Hour is a good thing (and I still don't know why) and want to stop us from killing this final (we're not kidding guys, the game is over) Shadow and ending the Dark Hour once and for all!

They were pretty easy to defeat, because they're just two regular-ass dudes instead of giant monsters like we usually fight. One guy just threw grenades over and over again, while the other guy used magic attacks that only targeted one person at a time, so we ended up not having to worry very much. We expected it to be easy though, because we knew there would be another boss fight right after this without a save point in between. After the dudes we're defeated, Takaya (the one without a shirt) totally threatened to kill himself. The other guy was all like, "No, we can't kill ourselves! Stop!" and then proceeded to convince his friend that jumping off the bridge (and killing themselves in the process) was a better idea. Yeah. I don't really get it. Also, as they jumped off the bridge (with a terrible animation to accompany them) their last words were, "This is how we lived." which doesn't really make any sense to me. They lived constantly jumping off bridges?

Then, we had to fight the main Ordeal Boss, who had apparently been crucified, and then the cross he was nailed to was attached to a helicopter sort of thing, which caused him to be flying all the time. It looked really gross, because he was hanging by the flesh that was nailed to the cross, which I assume would be quite painful. He made three statues come out of the ground, which when killed caused his helicopter to stop working, and he crashed onto the ground where we could attack him. Once again, our attack mirrors saved the day, causing him to do 400 damage to himself in a single turn at one point.

Once he was defeated, everyone cheered, because obviously now the game is over and there will be no more Dark Hour and everyone will be happy again and nobody will ever die again and also all the governments will decide to never fight again. Our party decided to celebrate by having a sick SUSHI PARTY the next day, which I guess is the equivalent of a pizza party over there. Or the watermelon party in Persona 4.

We woke up the next morning to Pharos (Mysterious Boy) standing next to our bed. DURING THE DAY. He announced that he was leaving because obviously everything is over now. Which is why we are celebrating with a sick sushi party! YEAH SUSHI. Even Mitsuru's crazy eyepatch dad who looks like Big Boss came and told us what a good job we were doing! The only problem was Aigis and the Chairman were missing. Hmm. Whatever, it's picture time! We got treated to a three-second long animated cut-scene of us taking the photo which reminded me a lot of Yellow Submarine for some reason.

But where are Aigis and the Chairman? It's almost twelve, they should be here soon.....OH NO DARK HOUR. It turns out that we didn't actually end the Dark Hour, and there's still more left in this game! Who would've thunk it? Then, a bell started ringing which demanded everyone's attention. It was coming from Tartarus, so everyone rushed over there only to find that Aigis and the Chairman were inexplicably absent for a reason.Holy shit guys. I thought they would just skip the ending celebration just to get drunk or something, but it turns out they were planning NEFARIOUS THINGS.

Apparently, the Chairman was evil this whole time, and killing the shadows actually helped him do whatever he was doing! I don't know how, but he said something about "The Fall", which I guess means everybody dies. We don't want that! But, before we could do anything, Aigis captured us all and took us away. We wake up on top of the observatory in Tartarus, and everybody is nailed to crosses. That's right, everyone was fuckingcrucified. I don't actually think we were nailed through our arms though.

The Chairman then informs us that we all must be sacrificed so whatever he's doing can be done, so he commands Aigis to kill us all. She looks into our creepy eyes, and decides she likes us too much to kill us. Awwww. How sweet. So, the Chairman gets all angry but then our helpful dog friend comes by and attacks him! Yeah Dog Friend! Then, Aigis shoots us all! Oh no! Just kidding, it turns out she somehow shot all the nails out of the crosses or something because we all ended up on the ground. Then, Mitsuru's dad arrived. With a gun.The Chairman then takes out his gun also, and they both shoot each other to death! Mitsuru gets really sad, and the Chairman falls off the roof to his death.

Finally after all that, we get to save the game. Sheesh, I feel like I just wrote a small novel. We have now gone five hours of this game without dying once, which I am really proud of. We are 53 hours into the game, and to be honest I have no idea where we are going to go from here. I mean, there's no more Tartarus! Where do we grind? In Yukari's bedroom, if you know what I mean. HA! Jokes. Anyways, see you next time, when hopefully the update will be a significant chunk shorter. I'm also going to try to actually write something more next week, because I don't like not writing.    

#2 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

oh man that part.. i was so mad at the chairman for being an evil douche. I can't wait to see what you do next.. the game tries to throw you a little curve ball but it's easy to avoid, or is it? XD No spoilers from me, i'd rather read the events and see what you do!

#3 Posted by TayIor (25 posts) -

Personally, the chairman's evilness made me love him more, past the hate that I was feeling at the time. I might just be dense, but I didn't really suspect him until celebration day and him and Aigis weren't there. Well, and the fact that I was pretty sure the game wasn't over. Anyways, keep it up! I'm looking forward to more.

#4 Edited by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

I knew that Ikutsuki was evil the first time I met him. Just had a really bad feeling about him. So his betrayal really came as no surprise to me.

#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5828 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" I knew that Ikutsuki was evil the first time I met him. Just had a really bad feeling about him. So his betrayal really came as no surprise to me. "
I thought the original intro sort of hinted at him being a weird character.

I saw that twist coming a mile away.... but it was still a good scene.
#6 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" I knew that Ikutsuki was evil the first time I met him. Just had a really bad feeling about him. So his betrayal really came as no surprise to me. "
I did not see it coming at all. He seemed like such a nice guy! And his puns were delicious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.