Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Persona 3 FES Endurance Run (Part 18-20)

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Edited By WickedCestus

Well, I'm sitting here at my computer with a cup of tea and writing about Persona 3 FES again. My last update went up about two weeks ago now, and while we have played a couple times since then, two of these sessions provided practically nothing to write about. And the stuff that was interesting is now so far back in my memory that even though I have it all written down, my notes barely make sense. Maybe I should be more specific than "BOSS BEAT BITCHES" if I know it's going to be a while until the next update.

That message was apparently supposed to convey that we beat the boss we were stuck on last time. It took us two sessions, and four hours, but we managed to grind Akihiko and Dogmund up to a respectable level. While doing this, we fused my favourite persona of the whole game so far, who goes by the name of Hecatoncheires. We never actually used him in battle though. We ended up fusing him pretty quickly, into a mushroom-headed and incredibly helpful persona named Chernobog. Because Chernobog was null to electricity (and because we had some attack mirrors) we were finally able to defeat the mid-boss.

So, we now had to make the decision of whether to go back to our old battle team or stick with these new guys. We decided to split it in half. We kept Yukari and Aigis, but we switched Ken out for Akihiko, because Akihiko punches dudes real good. We made our way to what we thought was the boss of this block, but it turns out it was just another mid-boss. Apparently this block gets more bosses than the other ones for some reason. This boss was a lot easier than the last one though, as all it did was cast Hamas on everyone other than us.

So, we decided to go for the final boss of this block. This is where shit got kind of terrible. We weren't particularly under-leveled, and we were doing quite well, until Death came after us. Yeah, Death. Apparently, if you fuck around too much, Death comes to kick your ass.Also, unlike other enemies he can climb stairs so he came right up to us when we did not expect him. Thankfully, Aigis happened to be between us and him, giving us a chance to run away. We had to finish the next bunch of floors without her, but we still managed to make it to the final boss of the block. It used charm on all of us right away so we all killed ourselves to death. I guess we still have some work to do.

As for Social Links, we only did a couple. One of them was Chihiro, the shy girl who's afraid of guys. She told us that she always dreams about us, and she can't stop thinking about us. And we're only Rank 5. This is going to be a messed up Social Link. We also hung out with Fuuka some more, but all that happened is she cooked more shitty food for us. Great.

After all this fighting, we needed something exciting to happen to mix it up. If nothing interesting had happened, I wouldn't be writing this update, would I? It turns out that we had a school trip coming up that we completely forgot about. We went to a hot springs hotel in Kyoto, which seems such an obvious place for terrible things to happen. Immediately, we just started talking to everyone, and Kenji had some funny dialogue about trying to spy on naked ladies in the hot springs. That's pretty much all this trip was though, running around the hotel and talking to people. We did buy some weird food from the inexplicably-named store "6HARA", and that was pretty cool, but during the day all we got were still pictures of our characters looking at ruins and shit. It was pretty disappointing. It wasn't until the last day that anything interesting happened.. But man, was it interesting... 

Fuck yeah! This is a screenshot from the scene where Mitsuru's persona evolves because she's getting over her father's death. Ok, I'll admit, she didn't actually mean taking a bath in the way we would think, she just meant going in the hotel's hot springs together. Aigis came too, and unfortunately Fuuka too, which made the next part a lot creepier.

During this time, another friendship got a lot closer, and that was Ryoji (the new kid from the last part) and Junpei's. They get along quite well, mainly because they are both complete perverts. This brought them to formulate a plan involving the hot springs. I think you know where this is going. They planned to go into the hot springs right before it switched from male-only to female-only. This way, they could peek on ladies, but also have a good excuse when asked why they were still there. 

Obviously, the way this all ends is by all the girls from our dorm coming in at this exact time, and then we all have second thoughts. Akihiko gets up to leave, but then Junpei justtries to fucking drown him for like ten seconds. It was pretty messed up. It also caused the girls to discover our position, so we had to do a minigame to try and escape. Because of my incompetence, we totally fucked up and got caught right away. This lead to Mitsuru "executing" all of us. I don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to. I'm pretty sure there's a different outcome if you aren't a complete idiot like me, but I was pretty satisfied with this one. So, the trip ended with all the girls hating us.

As soon as we were back at the dorm, they had all forgiven us, and all is well. We walked upstairs to find Aigis talking to Dogmund about the new kid, and so we think she's in love or something. Which is awesome because she's a freaking robot.  I can't wait to see how that craziness works out. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until next time! Hopefully the next one will come a lot quicker than this one did! We're about 62 hours in now, so we estimate that we are half-way through the game. I'm really not sure how I feel about that. I'd also like to mention that this game has now influenced me enough that I have changed my profile picture from the cover of one of my favourite movies to a Persona 3 related picture.. Way to go.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By WickedCestus

Well, I'm sitting here at my computer with a cup of tea and writing about Persona 3 FES again. My last update went up about two weeks ago now, and while we have played a couple times since then, two of these sessions provided practically nothing to write about. And the stuff that was interesting is now so far back in my memory that even though I have it all written down, my notes barely make sense. Maybe I should be more specific than "BOSS BEAT BITCHES" if I know it's going to be a while until the next update.

That message was apparently supposed to convey that we beat the boss we were stuck on last time. It took us two sessions, and four hours, but we managed to grind Akihiko and Dogmund up to a respectable level. While doing this, we fused my favourite persona of the whole game so far, who goes by the name of Hecatoncheires. We never actually used him in battle though. We ended up fusing him pretty quickly, into a mushroom-headed and incredibly helpful persona named Chernobog. Because Chernobog was null to electricity (and because we had some attack mirrors) we were finally able to defeat the mid-boss.

So, we now had to make the decision of whether to go back to our old battle team or stick with these new guys. We decided to split it in half. We kept Yukari and Aigis, but we switched Ken out for Akihiko, because Akihiko punches dudes real good. We made our way to what we thought was the boss of this block, but it turns out it was just another mid-boss. Apparently this block gets more bosses than the other ones for some reason. This boss was a lot easier than the last one though, as all it did was cast Hamas on everyone other than us.

So, we decided to go for the final boss of this block. This is where shit got kind of terrible. We weren't particularly under-leveled, and we were doing quite well, until Death came after us. Yeah, Death. Apparently, if you fuck around too much, Death comes to kick your ass.Also, unlike other enemies he can climb stairs so he came right up to us when we did not expect him. Thankfully, Aigis happened to be between us and him, giving us a chance to run away. We had to finish the next bunch of floors without her, but we still managed to make it to the final boss of the block. It used charm on all of us right away so we all killed ourselves to death. I guess we still have some work to do.

As for Social Links, we only did a couple. One of them was Chihiro, the shy girl who's afraid of guys. She told us that she always dreams about us, and she can't stop thinking about us. And we're only Rank 5. This is going to be a messed up Social Link. We also hung out with Fuuka some more, but all that happened is she cooked more shitty food for us. Great.

After all this fighting, we needed something exciting to happen to mix it up. If nothing interesting had happened, I wouldn't be writing this update, would I? It turns out that we had a school trip coming up that we completely forgot about. We went to a hot springs hotel in Kyoto, which seems such an obvious place for terrible things to happen. Immediately, we just started talking to everyone, and Kenji had some funny dialogue about trying to spy on naked ladies in the hot springs. That's pretty much all this trip was though, running around the hotel and talking to people. We did buy some weird food from the inexplicably-named store "6HARA", and that was pretty cool, but during the day all we got were still pictures of our characters looking at ruins and shit. It was pretty disappointing. It wasn't until the last day that anything interesting happened.. But man, was it interesting... 

Fuck yeah! This is a screenshot from the scene where Mitsuru's persona evolves because she's getting over her father's death. Ok, I'll admit, she didn't actually mean taking a bath in the way we would think, she just meant going in the hotel's hot springs together. Aigis came too, and unfortunately Fuuka too, which made the next part a lot creepier.

During this time, another friendship got a lot closer, and that was Ryoji (the new kid from the last part) and Junpei's. They get along quite well, mainly because they are both complete perverts. This brought them to formulate a plan involving the hot springs. I think you know where this is going. They planned to go into the hot springs right before it switched from male-only to female-only. This way, they could peek on ladies, but also have a good excuse when asked why they were still there. 

Obviously, the way this all ends is by all the girls from our dorm coming in at this exact time, and then we all have second thoughts. Akihiko gets up to leave, but then Junpei justtries to fucking drown him for like ten seconds. It was pretty messed up. It also caused the girls to discover our position, so we had to do a minigame to try and escape. Because of my incompetence, we totally fucked up and got caught right away. This lead to Mitsuru "executing" all of us. I don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to. I'm pretty sure there's a different outcome if you aren't a complete idiot like me, but I was pretty satisfied with this one. So, the trip ended with all the girls hating us.

As soon as we were back at the dorm, they had all forgiven us, and all is well. We walked upstairs to find Aigis talking to Dogmund about the new kid, and so we think she's in love or something. Which is awesome because she's a freaking robot.  I can't wait to see how that craziness works out. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until next time! Hopefully the next one will come a lot quicker than this one did! We're about 62 hours in now, so we estimate that we are half-way through the game. I'm really not sure how I feel about that. I'd also like to mention that this game has now influenced me enough that I have changed my profile picture from the cover of one of my favourite movies to a Persona 3 related picture.. Way to go.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Catolf

Yeah, Death dosen't like you to hang around too long, I had that happen a few times but if your a high enough level you can take death out and get his bloody button. (it's pretty satisfying killing death, i admit it) If your even in a tarteros level and there is no shadow's, keep moving because death will show up sooner than usual.

I didn't get caught during the hotsprings, it was hard though because Ryoji kept poking out as the girls circled XD

As far as everything else I'll keep my spoiler loving mouth shut, but I will say Aigis is VERY interested in Ryoji and she'll keep on talking about him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.