Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Persona 3 FES Endurance Run (Part 29)

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Edited By WickedCestus

This is going to be a much shorter update than my last, but there is good reason. Normally, when we have a session where not very many noteworthy things happen I wait until we play again before I write the update. But this time, I know for a fact that our next session will have a lot for us to write about, which means the update would either be too long or I'd just forget to write all the stuff that happened this session. So, with that said, here we go!

You know how I just said, we didn't get much done? Well, that was kind of a lie because we totally maxed out our S.Links with two separate people! We only boned one of them though! The one we didn't bone was Drunk Monk. It has taken us literally forever to make it to Rank 10 with Drunk Monk, mostly because we have never had a Persona of the right Arcana to make it go quicker. So, it's kind of a big thing in a weird way that his S.Link is now over. In fact, looking back on it, we started this S.Link in our second week of playing this game! That was late August, and now four fucking months later we are finishing this S.Link. That is absolutely nuts. Anyways, the private investigator he hired found his family for him, so he has decided to go meet his family and beg for their forgiveness. To do this though, he has to get up and walk out of the club, something we had not seen him do ever. It was so weird watching him walk, having exclusively seen him sitting for all this time. He's a lot thinner than I expected.

Speaking of thin, we also Rank 10'd it up with Chihiro! Guess what, we boned. Just like we boned every other chick we have gotten to 10 with (which to be fair, is only two, so they could have changed the pattern without me being that surprised). But I'm getting ahead of myself here, because more stuff happened before we boned! Less interesting stuff, that involves less sex. What happened was Mitsuru called Chihiro and us to the Student Council Office to investigate about the money. Mitsuru told us that she knew Chihiro didn't steal it, but wanted to have a private meeting with us (by us, I mean our character alone, not our character and Chihiro) anyways just for kicks. Chihiro got all jealous about that and was like, "Get away you bitch whore" and ran away to confront the teacher and prove her innocence totally (which I guess would prevent the meeting between Mitsuru and our character. Apparently Chihiro doesn't quite understand that we live in the same dorm as Mitsuru, and could totally just meet with her anyways, and probably already would have if we were so inclined).

So, Chihiro confronted the teacher, and he revealed that he had spent all the money on a taxi ride, but didn't tell anyone because he was embarrassed. Mitsuru got pissed about this and wanted to sue the teacher, but Chihiro didn't want to, because this ordeal had let us and her become a lot closer. (Full Disclosure: I don't know if she actually said that (I honestly don't remember), but it sounds like something she would say, doesn't it?) Then, she took us to her house when her mom was at work and we totally did it. Or at least, I like to think that we did.

We also hung out with Aigis some more! It seems that her whole arc is going to involve this grandma lady and her cat, and she's going to learn how to become more human from these experiences. Mewlie (the cat we found for the lady before) has run away again, but the lady believes that it won't come back this time because it has gone off to go die. How sad! Now this lady is all alone. Well, except for her grandson, but he's a dick. We saw him being an asshole to grandma lady, so Aigis went over and tried to start some business with him. He responded by trying to ask her out, but she didn't really get it and then the dude left. I feel now is a good time to say that I feel whoever did Aigis' robot voice did a really good job. She still sounds robotic, but she sounds a lot more human than Fuuka.

We had another opportunity to hang out with Aigis as well, but this was outside of S.Linking. It all started off with our character going to his "Future Consultation" which is when you have a chat with your teacher about your future. The game asked us if we were going to college or not and then the teacher spouted some vague, ambiguous nonsense that didn't relate to our answer because they didn't want to record two separate bits just for this stupid consultation. Anyways, once we were done that, the teacher sent us to find Aigis for her consultation. Now, this raises some key questions. First, something that Levi pointed out, is the question of what order is this teacher conducting these interviews in? How would there be any kind of list where our name comes up right before Aigis'? Unless our name was Aardvark, this seems impossible. Also, we end up finding Aigis on the school roof. So, does that mean this is happening after school? How do they know all the kids will stay at the school instead of just leaving? Or is everyone else in the classroom and Aigis just snuck out because she's a rebel? So many questions.

Anyways, while we were up there we had a touching moment with Aigis where she realized she has become a lot more human, but will still never be fully human. I'm guessing this was probably in the original Persona 3, which lacked the Aigis Social Link, because in this version the whole conversation seems a bit redundant. Yeah, we totally know you want to be human, we've got to Rank 8 with you.

When we got home from that, it seemed like a normal night, with everyone just sitting around the dorm doing nothing. So, we did as we normally do, which is talk to everyone and see what nonsense comes out of their mouth. But, for some reason all anyone could talk about was Koromaru (AKA Dogmund), and how we should feed him a lot so he is ready for the battle. I read this as some sort of hint that we would need Koromaru to defeat the Final Boss, but Levi disagreed just thinking that the game was trying to be weird. I could not be persuaded though, and insisted we should go to Tartarus to level up Dogmund since he's about twenty levels lower than us. We started doing this, took fifteen minutes to raise him three levels, and then got bored of fighting and left. You can't really blame us, we've been fighting in Tartarus for so long that spending more time grinding in there just to level up some character based on a retarded hint is just too much for us now. So, if that was a hint, then we fucking failed and now we're never going to beat the game. But I still stand by my decision to leave!

Wow, that was actually a lot longer than I expected. Well, since I have become so skilled at writing so much about so little, prepare for a million word update next time when stuff actually happens! See you next time! Bye!    

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By WickedCestus

This is going to be a much shorter update than my last, but there is good reason. Normally, when we have a session where not very many noteworthy things happen I wait until we play again before I write the update. But this time, I know for a fact that our next session will have a lot for us to write about, which means the update would either be too long or I'd just forget to write all the stuff that happened this session. So, with that said, here we go!

You know how I just said, we didn't get much done? Well, that was kind of a lie because we totally maxed out our S.Links with two separate people! We only boned one of them though! The one we didn't bone was Drunk Monk. It has taken us literally forever to make it to Rank 10 with Drunk Monk, mostly because we have never had a Persona of the right Arcana to make it go quicker. So, it's kind of a big thing in a weird way that his S.Link is now over. In fact, looking back on it, we started this S.Link in our second week of playing this game! That was late August, and now four fucking months later we are finishing this S.Link. That is absolutely nuts. Anyways, the private investigator he hired found his family for him, so he has decided to go meet his family and beg for their forgiveness. To do this though, he has to get up and walk out of the club, something we had not seen him do ever. It was so weird watching him walk, having exclusively seen him sitting for all this time. He's a lot thinner than I expected.

Speaking of thin, we also Rank 10'd it up with Chihiro! Guess what, we boned. Just like we boned every other chick we have gotten to 10 with (which to be fair, is only two, so they could have changed the pattern without me being that surprised). But I'm getting ahead of myself here, because more stuff happened before we boned! Less interesting stuff, that involves less sex. What happened was Mitsuru called Chihiro and us to the Student Council Office to investigate about the money. Mitsuru told us that she knew Chihiro didn't steal it, but wanted to have a private meeting with us (by us, I mean our character alone, not our character and Chihiro) anyways just for kicks. Chihiro got all jealous about that and was like, "Get away you bitch whore" and ran away to confront the teacher and prove her innocence totally (which I guess would prevent the meeting between Mitsuru and our character. Apparently Chihiro doesn't quite understand that we live in the same dorm as Mitsuru, and could totally just meet with her anyways, and probably already would have if we were so inclined).

So, Chihiro confronted the teacher, and he revealed that he had spent all the money on a taxi ride, but didn't tell anyone because he was embarrassed. Mitsuru got pissed about this and wanted to sue the teacher, but Chihiro didn't want to, because this ordeal had let us and her become a lot closer. (Full Disclosure: I don't know if she actually said that (I honestly don't remember), but it sounds like something she would say, doesn't it?) Then, she took us to her house when her mom was at work and we totally did it. Or at least, I like to think that we did.

We also hung out with Aigis some more! It seems that her whole arc is going to involve this grandma lady and her cat, and she's going to learn how to become more human from these experiences. Mewlie (the cat we found for the lady before) has run away again, but the lady believes that it won't come back this time because it has gone off to go die. How sad! Now this lady is all alone. Well, except for her grandson, but he's a dick. We saw him being an asshole to grandma lady, so Aigis went over and tried to start some business with him. He responded by trying to ask her out, but she didn't really get it and then the dude left. I feel now is a good time to say that I feel whoever did Aigis' robot voice did a really good job. She still sounds robotic, but she sounds a lot more human than Fuuka.

We had another opportunity to hang out with Aigis as well, but this was outside of S.Linking. It all started off with our character going to his "Future Consultation" which is when you have a chat with your teacher about your future. The game asked us if we were going to college or not and then the teacher spouted some vague, ambiguous nonsense that didn't relate to our answer because they didn't want to record two separate bits just for this stupid consultation. Anyways, once we were done that, the teacher sent us to find Aigis for her consultation. Now, this raises some key questions. First, something that Levi pointed out, is the question of what order is this teacher conducting these interviews in? How would there be any kind of list where our name comes up right before Aigis'? Unless our name was Aardvark, this seems impossible. Also, we end up finding Aigis on the school roof. So, does that mean this is happening after school? How do they know all the kids will stay at the school instead of just leaving? Or is everyone else in the classroom and Aigis just snuck out because she's a rebel? So many questions.

Anyways, while we were up there we had a touching moment with Aigis where she realized she has become a lot more human, but will still never be fully human. I'm guessing this was probably in the original Persona 3, which lacked the Aigis Social Link, because in this version the whole conversation seems a bit redundant. Yeah, we totally know you want to be human, we've got to Rank 8 with you.

When we got home from that, it seemed like a normal night, with everyone just sitting around the dorm doing nothing. So, we did as we normally do, which is talk to everyone and see what nonsense comes out of their mouth. But, for some reason all anyone could talk about was Koromaru (AKA Dogmund), and how we should feed him a lot so he is ready for the battle. I read this as some sort of hint that we would need Koromaru to defeat the Final Boss, but Levi disagreed just thinking that the game was trying to be weird. I could not be persuaded though, and insisted we should go to Tartarus to level up Dogmund since he's about twenty levels lower than us. We started doing this, took fifteen minutes to raise him three levels, and then got bored of fighting and left. You can't really blame us, we've been fighting in Tartarus for so long that spending more time grinding in there just to level up some character based on a retarded hint is just too much for us now. So, if that was a hint, then we fucking failed and now we're never going to beat the game. But I still stand by my decision to leave!

Wow, that was actually a lot longer than I expected. Well, since I have become so skilled at writing so much about so little, prepare for a million word update next time when stuff actually happens! See you next time! Bye!    

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Aus_azn

Aigis is my favourite character from P3.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

I've been using Koro-chan for a long time now. He's one of my best fighters!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.