Save file help.

#1 Posted by AncientMecha (103 posts) -

I'll start with the short version: Went to hook up my PS2 so I could play FES, only to find that my console, with memory card, had gone MIA. Need a save file somewhere around 5/9, the monorail boss fight.

So recently, the Persona 4 Arena hype train got me thinkin', "Hey... I really ought to finally dive deep into Persona 3! Oh man, I haven't even hooked up my PS2 since I moved. No worries, it should be right... under... the TV. Well, shit I wonder where it is." That was five days ago. I've turned my apartment upside down three times. No PS2. It's gone, and with it my memory card, the only one I ever owned for PS2. So many hours, so many games...

But I still have my P3FES disc, and I can emulate it nearly perfectly! Haha, I have a chance!

So here I am, coming to you with a desperate, shot in the dark plea. Do you, dear bomber, have a save file for Persona 3 FES somewhere around May 9th, the monorail fight? If it were any other game, I'd be happy to play the beginning again, but I've played the first 5-10 hours of Persona 3 three different times now (Original, Portable, and FES. Never had the time to stick with it until now). Nothing fancy, doesn't have to have crazy leveled characters, or incredibly min/max'd personas. Just an average, run of the mill, save file.

I realize this is a fairly specific request, and I honestly don't expect anybody to be able to fulfill it, but I know if anybody can, it's you guys!

(P.S.: Just in case anybody decides to be TOO awesome, and wants to play the game from the beginning to get a save file at that location, don't do that! I'd feel awful.)

#2 Posted by TAFAE (150 posts) -

Hey, I have a save on 5/8 (I emulated for a little bit before breaking down and buying it on the PS3 virtual store). How do you want to exchange files? Hope you can find the PS2!

#3 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

Sorry, OP. The mods tend to frown on emulation.

Also, no. I can't help you.

#4 Edited by MikkaQ (10293 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

Sorry, OP. The mods tend to frown on emulation. Also, no. I can't help you.

Actually the rule is that there is to be no discussion of illegal activities. Emulating a PS2 game with the original disc in a DVD drive is not illegal.

If you're gonna just contribute nothing but to remind people of the rules, at least get it right.

And @TAFAE: that's just before where I stopped playing P3P. I bought FES a few months ago, buy never played it. It'll be nice to not have to restart. I just need a means of getting the save file onto my PS2 memory card since I don't feel like emulating.

Your memory cards should be in a folder called "memcards" which is located wherever you keep the main PCSX2 files. Just upload the one you use for P3 to a file hosting site and post the link. You'd be making two duders days!

#5 Posted by TAFAE (150 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.