Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

The Answer...is actually really good.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mcfart

When I started the grind, I figured that The Answer was going to be like a cheap addon that breaks the original game's story, and hence put off playing it until now. And although most of the game is a grind with few cinematics, but once that part is over, the game gets awesome (trying not to spoil), and now I'm on the final final boss (expecting to die), however, it didn't mangle the story or anything, which is cool. And besides the lack of Direct Control, I really like Persona's combat, and the bosses were a lot more interesting then in P3/4 (in one fight I had to use Attack/Magic mirrors because the boss had only 2 attacks and astronomically high HPS)

TLDR: The Answer is pretty good, and is scratching that Persona itch...I'll be sad when it's over, though the boss is going to assrape me :(

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Catolf

good to hear it's better than people say.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

No, it really isn't.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'd say it mangled the story.  There were some interesting moments, but for the most part, the grind was unbearable and the bosses were much more annoying than the ones in the main game.

dyong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dyong

I've only just started on P3:FES myself. I don't think I'll be maxing out S.Links on my first run. Having a lovely time, glad to see The Answer is going to be more of the same goodness.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @dyong: There's nothing except for battles in The Answer.  No social links, no school, no going to play at an arcade to boost your stats... nothing except for fighting and buying items.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By C2C

The answer doesn't break the story and it clarifies some of the unclear plot points in the game.  That is really the only thing good about it in my eyes. 

I never really liked Aigis as a character, and some motives characters have in the story are just bad.  The game is also pretty unforgiving early on when you don't really have variety in Personas.  After you get some Persona though, thats when you go through the same paces you did in the journey, but worse. 

They could've done some interesting things with the whole time scenario, but I was really disappointed to see it just translated as an excuse to confine the player.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mutha3
    @iAmJohn said:
    " No, it really isn't. "
    Yup. It really, really isn't.

This is coming from someone who thought the original Persona 3 was pretty easy and would have liked a significant bump in difficulty. 

The answer only marginally upped the difficulty, but went nuts in turning the "tedium" dial :/
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ch3burashka

Story aside, it is unforgivably structured. I went through 30 hours of grinding with Akihiko, Mitsuru and Junpei, and at the end, it turns out my partner is Metis, who is about 40 levels under norm. If you don't use her throughout, you are boned. I had to restart, and have been going through the entire game again with a two-person team, me and her. It's a bitch.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mutha3
    @CH3BURASHKA said:
    " Story aside, it is unforgivably structured. I went through 30 hours of grinding with Akihiko, Mitsuru and Junpei, and at the end, it turns out my partner is Metis, who is about 40 levels under norm. If you don't use her throughout, you are boned. I had to restart, and have been going through the entire game again with a two-person team, me and her. It's a bitch. "
    ....wha? why wouldn't  you use Metis, she's probably the most useful character in the Answer!

Her movesets and stats basically make her a stronger, faster android-Chie .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.