What happens when I stare at box art for fifteen minutes.

• 55 results
#51 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@video_game_king

Be careful. I played thirty hours into that game recently and then my save data got corrupted and I had to start over. Apparently it's a fairly common problem. Back up your saves to another device frequently or it'll break your heart.

And I just got Yukari to start dating me...goshdangit.

Is this a problem with the emulator or the actual game? I never had any problems and I have like 12 saves for 3 different play throughs to make sure I dont get F'ed by doing something stupid.. also I forgot where I was when I randomly stop playing for long periods of time and dont feel like deleting something with at 50+ hours in it.

#52 Posted by MormonWarrior (2561 posts) -

@mcshank said:
@mormonwarrior said:

@video_game_king

Be careful. I played thirty hours into that game recently and then my save data got corrupted and I had to start over. Apparently it's a fairly common problem. Back up your saves to another device frequently or it'll break your heart.

And I just got Yukari to start dating me...goshdangit.

Is this a problem with the emulator or the actual game? I never had any problems and I have like 12 saves for 3 different play throughs to make sure I dont get F'ed by doing something stupid.. also I forgot where I was when I randomly stop playing for long periods of time and dont feel like deleting something with at 50+ hours in it.

I downloaded it on PSN for PS3 and was/am playing it there so it's not an emulator issue. I looked it up online and there's various anecdotal cases of the exact same thing happening to people on PS2 or PS3 and it appears to be more or less completely random. It may never happen again to me, but just in case I'm backing it up to a USB stick every time I'm done. Sigh...nothing less disheartening than a lost save to such a long game mid-progress.

#53 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Your critic of the box is so elegant.

#54 Edited by Solutha (34 posts) -

Hilariously enough I have had the PSN version crash and never had PCSX2 crash.

#55 Posted by Cuddy (121 posts) -

I feel like I should warn you about this asshole. I never got the magician s-link past level 4 because everything this guy said made me want to kick puppies.

Worst.Character.Ever.

Yeah i hated him aswell! i can say this thou! in the end he learns a valueable lesson and realizes how stupid and what a asshole he is.

#56 Posted by theuselessgod (301 posts) -

I just beat P3P today. I think it's the best version of the game, even if the "visual novel" style is a bit gimped when it comes to the cutscenes. Being able to control party members and the tons of new content (as well as FEmC, which I liked better than the dude-bro MC) really makes it the superior version in my mind.

Also, I didn't realize it until I replayed it (I've already beaten FES twice), but the story in this game is kind of...profound. Without spoilers, it delves very deep into concepts such as what it means to live and die (and the dealing with the inevitability of death) that few games touch, even games like P4.

Anyway, it's a great game. FES or P3P is the way to roll it. Just not the FES version you download off PSN; that thing's borked.

#57 Posted by believer258 (11771 posts) -

I just beat P3P today. I think it's the best version of the game, even if the "visual novel" style is a bit gimped when it comes to the cutscenes. Being able to control party members and the tons of new content (as well as FEmC, which I liked better than the dude-bro MC) really makes it the superior version in my mind.

Also, I didn't realize it until I replayed it (I've already beaten FES twice), but the story in this game is kind of...profound. Without spoilers, it delves very deep into concepts such as what it means to live and die (and the dealing with the inevitability of death) that few games touch, even games like P4.

Anyway, it's a great game. FES or P3P is the way to roll it. Just not the FES version you download off PSN; that thing's borked.

I heard a similar thing yesterday. I'm currently playing through Persona 3 on the PS3 and have come across no issues in all 36 hours. How is it borked?

#58 Posted by CronoXtream (119 posts) -

-.- dont quit your day job

#59 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.