Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Game Saves

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iDarktread

I just started the game not too long ago, and am enjoying the story that's been set-up so far. Please, no spoilers of any kind here.

Anyways, in this game, is it advised to create multiple save files? 

I ask this because there is some apparent relationship stuff going on with the characters, and it may be annoying if I were to screw something up unintentionally, and not be able to do anything about it with only one save file (video games <3). At the same time, though, that may take something out of the game if it is fairly dependent on your choices, and reverting old save files may detract from the experience. 

Thanks.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It's a good idea to keep multiple save files but it's not really necessary. It's kind of hard to permanently mess up the S-links.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

keep one just for backup sake, honestly, unless you're gonna replay 20 hours or more of the game you won't make any real differences on the playthrough.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

The only time I ever wished I had multiple files was when I would miss a velvet room quest item that needed to be acquired on a certain date.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I make a new file each save myself!

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iDarktread
    @FancySoapsMan:  @jadeskye:  @Sasran:  @XII_Sniper: Here's a quick conversation I had with Yukari early in the game, which I reloaded a few times to see what she would say to the three options available:   

"Oh, hi. What're you doing?"   

In general, when I'm in a situation with a few different options, is it advised that I just pick the "nicest" comment? How will this affect the game later on?  

(no spoilers, I'm begging you!)
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @iDarktread: Outside of the S-link scenes and dates I don't think the options have any meaning really.

During social link scenes I think you want to get the most music notes to pop, or something.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jadeskye
    @iDarktread: the best idea is litterally to tell everyone what you think they wanna hear. be a yes man.
    Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Jaktajj
    @iDarktread:  Still waiting for my copy to arrive (so quite jealous of ya :D ) but as a general rule it's good to keep a backup save just in case of data corruption.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Venatio

I have like 10 save slots used :D

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iDarktread

Alright, I think I'll end up keeping a few saves at a time, because they're less than 500 KB of space a piece, at least at the point in the game where I am now. 

Data corruption is a little scary, so I'll try to keep a new save every once in a while, and clear out the older saves, just in case. 

@el_tajij:
     So far, I am definitely liking the feel of the game. This is my first Shin Megami Tensei game, and I like the characters that have been introduced as of yet. I hope you enjoy your copy!

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Jaktajj
    @iDarktread:  Yeah same, never played a Persona before, but have been watching the endurance run recently and figure I'd give it a go! By the way, have you chosen to go with male or female? I can't make up my mind which one I'd start with!
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By donutfever

With all RPGs I keep a backup. I advise you to do the same. I was nearly done with Twilight Princess, and... oh the bug! The game-ending bug!

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Aus_azn
    @jadeskye said:
    " @iDarktread: the best idea is litterally to tell everyone what you think they wanna hear. be a yes man. "
    Very true. In P4, I vented to Ai just because I got too pissed with her and her bitchiness on a backup save. Surely enough, reversed.

@Venatio said:
    " I have like 10 save slots used :D "
    I've used a lot too. I'm about to run out in Persona 4, due to its limit of 16 and my tendency to save prior to every "Level Max". My P3 game has maybe 10 or so used too, not counting my Cycle 1 complete save.
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iDarktread
    @el_tajij said:

" @iDarktread:  Yeah same, never played a Persona before, but have been watching the endurance run recently and figure I'd give it a go! By the way, have you chosen to go with male or female? I can't make up my mind which one I'd start with! "

I started my character as a male, which has been recommended to me on a couple of different occasions. The female protagonist is said to be mostly for a second play-through of the game. 

When I had to name my character in the beginning of the game, I pulled this from the Persona wiki: Male Protagonist: Minato Arisato , which is his name in the manga series. For the Female Protagonist, however, there is no "official name", but I found online that some call her Minako Arisato , but there are a few other names as well, if you're interested.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Catolf
    @iDarktread:  There is also fan given Humako Arisato
    fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fourby

I used the first two slots and alternated when i saved (Slot 1-Slot 2-Slot 1...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.