Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Persona 3 Coming to Your PSP?

• 127 results
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#101  Edited By Kyle

Wow that sounds awesome, especially because I have a certain proclivity to choosing female characters in video games. However, I love Persona 3 so much that, as much as I hate to admit it, the idea of such a significant change to the game kind of scares me a little. I know, it's weird : /

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#102  Edited By Kyle
    @KazHirai said:
    " I am proud to announce that Persona 5 will be exclusively coming to the Playstation 3 Entertainment System sometime in 2011. -Kaz Hirai CEO of Sony Entertainment Japan     "
    Hahahaha I love you.
    Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Samaritan

Sony needs to be promoting the hell out of Atlus, because between Persona and Persona 3P on the PSP, that company is the sole reason I'd consider buying a PSP right now, and consider it I have. So much so I got to the end of Checking Out at Gamestop.com before talking myself out of it, as paying off student loans probably constitute as a more important investment than another thing to distract me. 

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By ashogo

apparently there are five difficulty levels too, including a "maniac" mode. Considering how easy p3 was on hard, I would totally jump on that one.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#105  Edited By Jazz

If you can control your party members, gets release in Europe and is on PSN 

sold 

edit: 

now i can burn my bread on the go!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Ghostiet

If this ain't coming to Europe or the States, or is coming as ridicoulusly late as the original P3, Nanako will keep dying over and over again. And I mean it.

Better release it in the Western world before 2009 ends. Do it for Dojima, guys.

Vyrtigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By Vyrtigo
    @mattysen said:
    " Persona 3 FES was 4.5 something gigs...Uhhhh back to the memory card shop just after getting one for FF7. But its cool how it is coming to PSN since I can get it striaght from Japan if I feel tolerant of no English. I really cant wait much longer than November since I got deep into P3 for about 16 hours but then my PS2 broke with the game in it. Just make sure Atlus will get an English version out before the year is over! "
    As far as I know, UMDs only hold about 1.8 gigs max. The story says it's hitting "shelves" as well PSN. So, unless its on multiple UMDs, it shouldn't be nearly as big as 4.5 gigs.
    JoeOE18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By JoeOE18

I would love to play this if I had a PSP. Odds of a DS release? Slim to None? Stupid Sony...    

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#109  Edited By eduardo

This is the perfect excuse to start playing FES again, since it fixes a lot of its problems and make it more like Persona 4.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By aaox

PERSONA!

Hey, I don't know if you guys know this, but I like Persona. Like, a lot. A big lot.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#111  Edited By Cerza

I want this NOW!!! Atlus better be releasing this outside Japan. You hear me Atlus? Atlus? ATLUS?!?!?!?!

SharkGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SharkGears

I'm simultaneously happy and sad about this news.

Happy because yay, a new (kinda) Persona game! I dusted off my PSP in wait for Persona 1 anyway, so grabbing this won't hurt the plan at all!

And ... I'm sad because it looks increasingly unlikely that something for Persona 4 will be out anytime soon, if at all. )=

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By dbz1995

Its OK, Vinny. Jack Frost lives in everybodys head, ho.

tychoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By tychoon

OT(?): The moment I see that Persona 5 will be PS3 exclusive I'll sell my Xbox and buy a PS3...

Avatar image for risingsunset7890
    risingsunset7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Daroki said:

" ...(But Daroki, they're going to let you control your party members!)  I still don't... wait, what?  (That's right, no more Mitsuru casting Marin Karin or Tentarfoo at the worst possible times, or Yukari Wind Breaking a foe that a simple arrow would kill.)  SOLD!  I mean... damn you Atlus... "

Don't you hate it when that happens? Or when they usually don't use dis-charms or dis-poisons. There was once Yukari used a dis-charm an me. I dropped the controller and cried tears of joy. 
    Colf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Colf

Will get this along with the remake of persona.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By rinkalicous
    @risingsunset7890 said:
    " @Daroki said:

" ...(But Daroki, they're going to let you control your party members!)  I still don't... wait, what?  (That's right, no more Mitsuru casting Marin Karin or Tentarfoo at the worst possible times, or Yukari Wind Breaking a foe that a simple arrow would kill.)  SOLD!  I mean... damn you Atlus... "

Don't you hate it when that happens? Or when they usually don't use dis-charms or dis-poisons. There was once Yukari used a dis-charm an me. I dropped the controller and cried tears of joy.  "
    I swear to god, I nearly punched through my TV in the hopes of hitting Mitsuru at some points in that game. For a certain boss, she simply WOULD NOT use Bufala, despite me showing her that it was a perfectly acceptable move to use in the situation. Fine, I thought, I'll have you heal instead, so I set her to Support. The problem came when Akihiko got poisoned- Even when he was just 10 or so hp down from his max, she insisted on using Diarama on him instead of me, when I had around 50hp left. And it just kept happening, every single turn. I've never sworn so much or so loudly as I did in that boss fight. Needless to say, never ever used her again. Being able to control characters is a godsend. Hopefully it's possible to chose what moves they get rid of when levelling up as well, as I need to ask, Is there EVER a time when tentarafoo is the right move to use? 

Argh, just thinking about Mitsuru makes me angry. And Yukari wasn't blameless, either, as like you say, she picks the most inopportune times to use Wind Break.
    Avatar image for risingsunset7890
    risingsunset7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rinkalicous: oh man >.< that sounds rough, if i ever use mitsuru she is pretty much set on full assault, no more useless support moves at the worst possible of times
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By mattysen
    @Vyrtigo: Well it only includes The Journey campian, so thats almost half the content knocked off striaght from the bat. Then they must compress it or something since they dont need as good as resolution for the PSP because of its aspect ratio and size.
    Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Zeik
    @mattysen:  The Answer definitely did not equal half the game. It only has maybe 20% of the content compared to main game.
    Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Cadmus

Kinda sucks I sold my psp last november.  Too many good games have been announced between then and the present time.  I feel like a fool :(

shanchett99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By shanchett99

yes, i hope p4 comes on psp as well, i love both these games but im always on the move with just my psp. with hardly anytime to play my ps2

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Ghostiet

You know what's creepy with the female protagonist?

Ken romance.

OH SHI-

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES PLEASE.
    Persona 3 >>>>>>>> Persona 4, so this is sexcellent news.

rolvtd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#125  Edited By rolvtd
    @Hailinel said:
    " @LaszloKovacs: I believe he mistyped.  Persona 2:  Eternal Punishment was indeed released in the U.S.  However, Persona 2's first half, Persona 2:  Innocent Sin, was not. "
    Point that EVERYONE should review their posts before posting after 3 am.  Thanks for the correction.
    Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#126  Edited By Derios

If this is true, then it's time to brush of the cobwebs off the old psp.

FatalError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By FatalError

I'm really look forward to this.

Though I hope Atlus eventually remakes both of the P2 games for the PSP.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TriangleHard

Endurance Run 2?

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Media_Master

they should get to developing a game for ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.