Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Persona 3 portable Euro CE (and you get a free shirt!)

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Jaktajj

Oh, sweet IRONY! After three months of searching for an import copy of P3P, Ghostlight just announced today they're taking pre-orders for the CE of P3P, and if you pre-order you get a shirt with it! 

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/p3p-pre-order-sales-are-go  

Luckily my parents always used to tell me 'Son, if there's one thing you need to know in life - it's that you can NEVER have too many copies of Persona 3 portable!' which was good of them. So, anyone else picking this up either for the first time or, like me, the second time?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

P3P is coming out in Europe? Great news but I imported it months ago, don't need another copy even if I get a t-shirt

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By X19

I might buy a PSP to play this if it comes out in EU. Is that crazy? idk.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate

YES finally! 

Was contemplating imports but always took my finger off the trigger at the last second! 

Thanks for the heads up!

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jaktajj
    @X19: I'd say heeeeeeells yeah, it's good enough that I bought it last month on import and I just pre-ordered the CE of this version! :D
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#6  Edited By Jazz

-_- 
    So this is how Sony are striving to combat the power of the 3DS and their 3d remakes. 
    A 2d remake of P3. Woooo 

I've already got a copy, which came with a Junpei hat..so *sticks to fingers up at the screen*

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By X19
    @el_tajij: What's the save system like for the PSP version? Is it just like PS2 or better thought out for quick sessions on the bus etc.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jazz
    @X19: Same as the original as far as I can remember.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Catolf
    @X19 said:
    " @el_tajij: What's the save system like for the PSP version? Is it just like PS2 or better thought out for quick sessions on the bus etc. "
    about like the ps2. I haven't played fes to know if the save at the bottom of taterous was making you pay to heal there or not. But it is a little easier to escape from tarterus now i do believe.
    Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Elazul

Really dude? You looked for three months and couldn't find it in the UK? The week it came out in the US I searched for it on eBay and found at least three or four British sellers with it in stock. In fact, they're still on there: checktheseout.

Anyway, it is still nice to see it get a propper PAL release. Hopefully a decent number of people will actually buy it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Sooty
    @Jazz said:
    " -_- So this is how Sony are striving to combat the power of the 3DS and their 3d remakes. A 2d remake of P3. Woooo  I've already got a copy, which came with a Junpei hat..so *sticks to fingers up at the screen* "
    What the hell are you dribbling about? P3P came out in Japan in 2009, this has nothing to do with Sony trying to combat the 3DS.  It's just Atlus don't publish in Europe. (or rarely do)

Derp. 

Anyway, already imported this a while ago and for way cheaper than the price Ghostlight are offering, so screw that.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jazz
    @Ygg said:
    " @Jazz said:
    " -_- So this is how Sony are striving to combat the power of the 3DS and their 3d remakes. A 2d remake of P3. Woooo  I've already got a copy, which came with a Junpei hat..so *sticks to fingers up at the screen* "
    What the hell are you dribbling about? P3P came out in Japan in 2009, this has nothing to do with Sony trying to combat the 3DS.  It's just Atlus don't publish in Europe. (or rarely do) Derp.   Anyway, already imported this a while ago and for way cheaper than the price Ghostlight are offering, so screw that. "
    *smacks forehead* 

I forgot that jokes don't work well on the internet.  You'd think I'd be well aware of that by now.

Of course it has nothing to do with it. It's just amusing that the only thing being released of any note on the psp around the time of the 3ds release is P3P. As niche as niche can get.
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By XenoNick

Imported my copy last year. Cool for people who didn't though.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jaktajj
    @X19: Oh man, I'm probably the wrong person to ask for that since the only time I ever play portable games is if I'm travelling like 2 hours or longer since I just enjoy listening to music if its on the bus or something, but to be honest, I bought an PSP HDTV cable off amazon and have been playing with it connected to a 42" screen! :D But yeah as what said the save system is similar to the PS2 games. I recommend it though, it's fantastic, I pretty much bought my PSP a month or two ago for this and Valkyria Chronicles 2 after selling my first PSP a few years back. 

@Elazul: I guess I'm sort of overexaggerating a bit, I wanted to get this at the beginning of December and it was only until the end of February that I managed to secure a copy, I didn't do an awesome job at looking but there seriously were no copies around January/beginning-to-mid-February.
    Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Elazul
    @el_tajij:  Fair enough. I got mine last July and I hadn't looked for it again until just now, so seeing the same few guys selling it just made me assume that they'd been active the entire time.
    oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By oysteinBrenne

what the fuck is ghostlight

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Sayishere

I was going to sell my PSP, but i forgot this game was on it 

Guess i will keep it.....for now :P

reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By reddin

It's a pretty nice package, but I imported it when it came out in the US. I really can't justify getting another copy..

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By mutley

YESSSSS FINALLY!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.