Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Persona 3 PSP Features-List

chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chandoo

A Japanese site has put up a page for the game and lists some of the updates it's getting. Translation thanks to duckroll on Neogaf.

http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/w/catalog/detail.jsp?JAN_CODE=4984995900469

[quote] Bic Camera's game description for P3P is pretty interesting. It confirms certain things we already know, like how you can control team mates in battles, and the game has been entirely rebalanced. It also confirms that there are "many popular systems" from Persona 4 which will be implemented into P3P. Most important of all, it confirms that it is the female route which will be receiving "brand new tracks" from Meguro for both the daily life parts as well as battles. So this means that for the male route, I doubt there will be changes in the music which is already there. It basically confirms two different soundtracks depending one which gender you select. [/quote]
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By chandoo

many popular systems meaning the job board in the mall based on the screens that wasn't originally there, and all party members now seem to have S links, meaning the jump-in battles thing.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

More folding cranes?

Different music based off gender selection sounds neat though.  Its a small thing but could create unique moods between the two choices.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Actually, I'm kind of frustrated at the idea of two different music depending on the gender.  They couldn't just mix it up, like having the new battle music and the old Mass Destruction be randomized when you enter battles or change depending on what your battle is?  

Anyways, who will be the Lovers arcana for when you choose the girl hero?  It can't be Junpei... and Akihiko would be pretty weird.  It worked well for the male hero because Yukari was in the same grade as him, and even in the same class.  But now I think it won't work as well for the new path unless she's lesbian/bisexual.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'd say they won't change the arcanas at all. Yukiko was the lovers Arcana but she wasn't the main female lead, at least i didn't think there was a female lead in P4. Then again it's a different game. But playing as the female MC would raise a good few questions, as in who the main male protagonist will be. So many questions, so little answers.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @eroticfishcake said:

"I'd say they won't change the arcanas at all. Yukiko was the lovers Arcana but she wasn't the main female lead, at least i didn't think there was a female lead in P4. Then again it's a different game. But playing as the female MC would raise a good few questions, as in who the main male protagonist will be. So many questions, so little answers. "

Rise was the lovers arcana, Yukiko was the Priestess.  The character with the Lovers arcana is considered to be the principal lover to the main character.  And playing as the female would mean that there is no "main male protagonist" because that would be the girl you are playing as.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @FluxWaveZ: Whoops. My bad. Speaking of which, if you played the female MC then the Fool Arcana (the male MC) would be empty then. No male lead then. Gah, my head hurts.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @FluxWaveZ: Whoops. My bad. Speaking of which, if you played the female MC then the Fool Arcana (the male MC) would be empty then. No male lead then. Gah, my head hurts. "

What?  The female MC just replaces the male MC.  That means she's of the Fool arcana then, she's the lead.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @FluxWaveZ: Again my bad. Was just checking up on the P3P entry on GB;

" The new character thought to be the Female Protagonist has XXII written in her hair in hairpins. The Fool card in the Tarot deck can be 0 or XXII (22). Female protagonist is therefore on the opposite side of the deck to Male protagonist."
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chandoo
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "

Anyways, who will be the Lovers arcana for when you choose the girl hero?  It can't be Junpei... and Akihiko would be pretty weird.  It worked well for the male hero because Yukari was in the same grade as him, and even in the same class.  But now I think it won't work as well for the new path unless she's lesbian/bisexual.

"
    Ken-kun

^_^
    Ironknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ironknight
    @chandoo said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

"

"
    Ken-kun   ^_^ "
    no  Koromaru 
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By eirikr
    chandoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chandoo

crappy google translation of that site says that they're adding the save/load anywhere ability to the game as well.

that'll make tartarus romps a lot more manageable I imagine.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust

Here's a creepy thought.  How awkward will those midnight visits from Death be when you're a girl?  And I wonder if he'll hit on the female MC the way he did on everyone else in the PS2 version. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eroticfishcake

My first thought would be to strangle him with his own trousers. Perv.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @PenguinDust said:
    "Here's a creepy thought.  How awkward will those midnight visits from Death be when you're a girl?  And I wonder if he'll hit on the female MC the way he did on everyone else in the PS2 version.  "

But that's an impossibility because Pharos reflected the image of how the main character looked like when he was a child.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By endaround

Except that's not what the opening shows.  While the little boy could easily be a little girl Ryoji was Ryoji.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @endaround: Pharos has blue hair, your main character as a child was shown in the anime cutscene telling Aigis' backstory. 
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By endaround

I'm talking about the P3P opening video.  Pharos shows up followed by Ryoji right in the begining.  Turning Pharos female isn't a huge leap but Ryoji is more problematic but that does break the VA conenction between the MC and him.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @endaround: Yeah, but I can't see how they can have that aspect of the plot without making the necessary modifications to Ryoji.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.