Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Social links

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Catolf

With P3P right around the corner you've had to think about it, preparing for the social links to come sense most of us getting this have played Persona 3 or FES, but now with the option of being a girl, new social links are opening up, who are you most excited to see into, storyline wise?

For me it's Shinji. I don't need to say anything more than that.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By endaround

I fear that they will jam Shinji in there. 

I'm torn about whether to choose the male PC to get the Kashiwaga appearance or the female PC in order to go to Inaba.

Mike_Sandbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mike_Sandbag

Definitely interested in Shinji. I'm also curious about social links with Akihiko, Junpei and Ryoji. I figure Shinji and Ryoji will both be on a tight schedule (similar to Mitsuru or Aigis in P3:FES). Ah let's face it, I'm curious about every new social link from the female protagonist's perspective. Also I'd love it if GiantBomb did an ER of this game.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Catolf
    @endaround said:

" I fear that they will jam Shinji in there.  I'm torn about whether to choose the male PC to get the Kashiwaga appearance or the female PC in order to go to Inaba. "

Shinji has the same time line as he did when he.. moved on. When you save him he goes into a coma, but if you managed to max out his social your get a very..intimate event and he'll be a choice to see you on top of the school at the end of the game instead of Aigis if you so choose. I'm doing female, sense I've done the male, but then will do it all over again with the male once more, might as well do it twice.

@Mike_Sandbag said:

" Definitely interested in Shinji. I'm also curious about social links with Akihiko, Junpei and Ryoji. I figure Shinji and Ryoji will both be on a tight schedule (similar to Mitsuru or Aigis in P3:FES). Ah let's face it, I'm curious about every new social link from the female protagonist's perspective. Also I'd love it if GiantBomb did an ER of this game. "

Don't forget Ken.
    Junpei isn't a romantic social link cause he's in love with Chidori. But Akihiko and Ryoji can be I believe. And yeah Shinji and Ryoji are on very tight schedual's, you get a month with Shinji to save him and max out his link. I'm not sure on Ryoji yet..

YES I'd LOVE to see an ER.. but i won't hold my breath *sigh*
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Crono11
    @Catolf:  Junpei is in love with Chidori. I mix up their names too. I was very much in love with Chihiro though. She's adorable.

I want to social link with Koromaru. How many dogs get personas? That's how awesome he is!
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamjohn
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Daveyo520

Akihiko. He just dresses so well.

@Catolf:
    My ex loved Shinji, untill that thing happens to him. So when she played it through again she had a crush on Akihiko. Probably why I think he's cool...

hai2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By hai2u

ken as a romantic social link is just fucking weird but i should have expected as much from japan and their fetishes

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Catolf
    @crono11 said:
    " @Catolf:  Junpei is in love with Chidori. I mix up their names too. I was very much in love with Chihiro though. She's adorable.  I want to social link with Koromaru. How many dogs get personas? That's how awesome he is! "
    I think Koro get's a social, but you do it through taking him for walkies.

And my bad! I corrected that, I knew that looked wrong XD

@iAmJohn said:
    " The big change they made for Shinji for Girl's Side infuriates to no end.  I almost don't want to do it because it makes me so mad. 

"

Thats the reason I'm excited, I want me some Shinji!

@Daveyo520 said:
    " Akihiko. He just dresses so well. "

XD Yes, for a boxer, he has very good taste.

@hai2u said:
    " ken as a romantic social link is just fucking weird but i should have expected as much from japan and their pedo fetish "

more like Shota, and it's not Romance, it's more like being a big sister to him. But you can take the cute as you will.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Catolf: One day I'll dress as well as him. it would be sick to wear gloves all the time :P

Have you seen the Persona anime? He plays a big role in that. Ken too.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Catolf
    @Daveyo520 said:
    " @Catolf: One day I'll dress as well as him. it would be sick to wear gloves all the time :P  Have you seen the Persona anime? He plays a big role in that. Ken too. "
    I have not watched that yet. Is it any good? I've heard mixed reactions but I did hear about Mitsuru and Akihiko being in it, did not know about Ken.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Catolf:  They never call him Ken, but it is implied and speculated upon. It won't blow your mind, but its not sucky either. It is about average. So it's an okay watch if you have nothing better on the plate.

lol, Mitsuru is ranked 1337 on the power ranking over at AnimeVice.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Catolf
    @Daveyo520:  I'll have to watch, i watched a little of the beginning on youtube but it had no subtitles. And that was a long time ago. TTGL distracted me. XD
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By endaround
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Catolf:  I watched it in English (which wasn't that bad) at an anime club. I would ask my ex where she got it but...

Gurren Lagann IS MY FAVORITE ANIME EVER!!!!! I love the hell out of that show.

MY DRILL WILL PEIRCE THE HEAVENS!!!!!!!
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Turambar

Wait, there's a Ryoji S.Link?  What?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Catolf
    @endaround said:
    " @Catolf: You going to dig deep and get the Rosenqueen set: 

http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?productid=16343&cat=0&page=1 "
    Ohhhhhhhh! Dammit.. now I want it... my wallet is crying.

@Daveyo520 said:
    " @Catolf:  I watched it in English (which wasn't that bad) at an anime club. I would ask my ex where she got it but...

Gurren Lagann IS MY FAVORITE ANIME EVER!!!!! I love the hell out of that show.

"

I have Vol one at home with the first seven episodes, i want the rest sooo bad. i've seen ti all on Syfy but it dosen't mean i dont' wanna own it!
    I'll find persona one way or another.

@Turambar said:
    " Wait, there's a Ryoji S.Link?  What? "

Yes, he has a social link. Woot for Ryoji!
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Catolf: I should really bye the DVDs myself.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Catolf
    @Daveyo520:  Usually if I watch something online I'll end up buying it to support the industry. I just recently FINALLY got my hands on outlaw Star and then bought Rin: Daughter's of mnemosyne.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Catolf: I think GL is one series I wouldn't mind spending money on. Otherwise, damn I'm broke...
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Catolf
    @Daveyo520:  XD I'm going to see if I can get my hands on Persona.

I'm still wondering Akihiko /Ken and Ryoji and Koro wise how it'll all work out with them in the end, i know Ken is more of a cutsey sister brother thing. but I wonder how it plays out.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Crono11
    @Catolf said:
    " @Daveyo520:  XD I'm going to see if I can get my hands on Persona.  I'm still wondering Akihiko /Ken and Ryoji and Koro wise how it'll all work out with them in the end, i know Ken is more of a cutsey sister brother thing. but I wonder how it plays out. "
    That's what has got me so excited to play P3P! I just wish it wasn't coming out the same day as Crackdown 2, oh and my birthday.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Catolf
    @crono11:  NOO it should come out on my birthday! July 29th...

XD..no thats to much of a wait.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mutha3
    @Catolf said:

I think that's exactly the reason why its so fucking terrible.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Catolf
    @mutha3 said:
    " @Catolf said:

I think that's exactly the reason why its so fucking terrible.

"

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Catolf: Well the show may have people from P3 in it, but it is mostly about new characters and their lives. Not really much new info on that front sadly.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By PureRok

Still going to play as a Male. I don't plan on ever touching the female half. I'll just watch a video of the Inaba stuff on Youtube or something.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Catolf

@Daveyo520 said:

" @Catolf: Well the show may have people from P3 in it, but it is mostly about new characters and their lives. Not really much new info on that front sadly. "

Aw, well, it'll be still fun to watch.

@PureRok said:
    " Still going to play as a Male. I don't plan on ever touching the female half. I'll just watch a video of the Inaba stuff on Youtube or something. "

Really? Not even the little bit?
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By AndrewB
    @Catolf said:
    " @crono11:  NOO it should come out on my birthday! July 29th...  XD..no thats to much of a wait. "
    Instead it's coming out on my birthday, or at least it was originally scheduled to. Now I believe it's supposed to be July 6th on Amazon? Says mine will be delivered by the 9th (the day before my b-day), but I sure hope they offer release day delivery.
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#30  Edited By metalsnakezero

Going for Shinji .............man what is wrong with me?
    Also you can social link with the dog too.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By AndrewB
    @metalsnakezero said:

" Going for Shinji .............man what is wrong with me? Also you can social link with the dog too. "

II was all set to go for Junpei, but I just read from one source he isn't going to be an option because that would mess too much with the plotline. Well screw that... I thought the whole point of adding the female option was that it *did* mess with the way things would play out. I mean... the way that plot resolves itself, at least with what I think were additions to FES (the only P3 version I played) make it pretty easy to alter that plot thread.

That freaking sucks. It had better not be true. That was pretty much the only story point I was looking forward to. Now I'll have to snag Akihiko instead. Screw Shinji.

Wait... what do I care? If it's anything like the rest of the Persona games, I'll just snag all of them at once.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Catolf
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @crono11:  NOO it should come out on my birthday! July 29th...  XD..no thats to much of a wait. "
    Instead it's coming out on my birthday, or at least it was originally scheduled to. Now I believe it's supposed to be July 6th on Amazon? Says mine will be delivered by the 9th (the day before my b-day), but I sure hope they offer release day delivery. "
    I gotta wait to get mine (i found out) but i'll grab it as soon as I can.

@AndrewB said:
    " @metalsnakezero said:

" Going for Shinji .............man what is wrong with me? Also you can social link with the dog too. "

II was all set to go for Junpei, but I just read from one source he isn't going to be an option because that would mess too much with the plotline. Well screw that... I thought the whole point of adding the female option was that it *did* mess with the way things would play out. I mean... the way that plot resolves itself, at least with what I think were additions to FES (the only P3 version I played) make it pretty easy to alter that plot thread.  That freaking sucks. It had better not be true. That was pretty much the only story point I was looking forward to. Now I'll have to snag Akihiko instead. Screw Shinji.  Wait... what do I care? If it's anything like the rest of the Persona games, I'll just snag all of them at once. "

Yeah you can date everyone at once, I'm more worried about Shinji because of the time limit involved in which to complete is S-link.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.