Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Tips for fusing Personas

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm used to P4G where i could choose what skills to inherit. I've been working on SLinks but i'm unsure what to do without looking at some huge fusion chart.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just fuse whatever you can and if you have the patience, keep re-rolling fusions until you have skills (or at least some of the skills) you want.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't get too caught up in trying to pass on every skill you want. If a Persona is inheriting 4 skills then settle for 2 or 3 at most. (Or more like 2 you really want and a third that's acceptable.)

If you're playing P3P then you also have the option of using skill cards. As long as you have the respective card and an open slot you can give any Persona any skill, and if you have a little patience you can also go to the shrine and duplicate it, giving you as many cards as you could possibly want or need.

Beyond that it's basically the same rules as Golden.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Choosing skills in P4G is a privilege, not the norm, should've played P3P first!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi
    @flstyle said:

Choosing skills in P4G is a privilege, not the norm, should've played P3P first!

You could also choose inherited skills in the Devil Survivor games and SMT 4 so I bet it will be standard for the series going forward.

EDIT: Survivor not Summoner.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

You could also choose inherited skills in the Devil Summoner games and SMT 4 so I bet it will be standard for the series going forward.

It better be!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mosespippy

There isn't really any secret trick to fusing personas. Just fuse as much as you can as often as you can. It's not like in the P1/P2 games where you had to negotiate with demons to get their cards. That was a complex system that I never figured out fully.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's not much of an explainable trick to fusing. I'll just say at some point in the game, you should definitely be trying to get into this mindset of "ok this is my fire persona, this one is my wind persona, this is in my ice persona"

Have certain personas dedicated to certain things, even if you don't use some of them much. Have a persona dedicated to buffs and debuffs, one dedicated to light/dark, one for healing, etc.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Choosing what skills to inherit? Filthy casual!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.