Trouble getting into P3P

#1 Posted by modeps (96 posts) -

I picked up P3P because I've heard great things about the series and honestly, I'm having some trouble getting into it. The whole Tartarus section seems really dumb, and if that's the meat of the game, I think I may bow out gracefully now instead of continuing on.

#2 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

that's up to you, I don't think Tartarus was the greatest thing ever but it never put me off. First how long have you been playing?

#3 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@modeps said:

" I picked up P3P because I've heard great things about the series and honestly, I'm having some trouble getting into it. The whole Tartarus section seems really dumb, and if that's the meat of the game, I think I may bow out gracefully now instead of continuing on. "

If the Tartarus/easiness is the only thing bothering you, watch the Endurance Run/play Persona 4 if you you don't like the game for its S-link portion, then don't bother with P4. Otherwise, yeah, I agree. Fuck Tartarus. No idea what got into the developers by making one repetitive, poorly generated dungeon.
#4 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

You should bow out while you still can.

It doesn't really get much better than that if you don't like the S-links

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I'm playing it on very easy so I know all the mechanics and the next game I play will be on normal. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and I know now for my second play through I have to grind in Tartarus and establish the S links I like. If you don't like grinding this game is not for you. 

#6 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

Tartarus pretty much makes 50% of the game.

I loved it though, and this is one of the few times I've ever looked forward to grinding.

#7 Posted by nintendoll (20 posts) -

I'm a sucker for level grinding. My first playthrough on normal racked up 130 hours. I'm starting over as a lady this time; but I'm not doing New Game+ because I want to see all the Social Links events. I am using the "Working Girl" walkthrough though so I can max the stats and Social links on my first run. The differences in the two versions are pretty cool; you get to know Junpei a little better in the female version :D      

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.