Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

What level should I be at now?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Hey guys I just want to know if I'm at the right level for the part of the game I'm at. It's been a couple days since I beat the love hotel and all my party members are basically 27-28. Am I at a good grinding rate? Also what level should I be at for the end of the game so I know ahead of time? No spoilers please. Thanks to everyone posting on my previous topic too, I've made a lot of fusions and increased my social link levels as well. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @RE_Player92: It's been a while so I can't give you a straight answer but how did you find the last boss battle? If you found it too hard it may be a good train some more when you can. Whenever I get a call from Theodore/Elizabeth explaining that I can explore Tartarus further I generally try to get to the top as soon as possible while clearing out each floor to get some experience. I use the shadows as a way of gauging my strength. If the shadows are hard, train otherwise you should concentrate on social linking.
    EvangelBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvangelBlue

Can't remember what level the monsters are for where you are at in the game, but what i did to check was to go to Tarturus for a night after i reached the top and fight for a bit. Once you don't have much difficulty with the monsters then you should be okay.

As for the end game, 75-80 should be good. 75 might be pushing it, so go for 80. At 80 you should be okay as long as you're careful and don't rush.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @RE_Player92: It's been a while so I can't give you a straight answer but how did you find the last boss battle? If you found it too hard it may be a good train some more when you can. Whenever I get a call from Theodore/Elizabeth explaining that I can explore Tartarus further I generally try to get to the top as soon as possible while clearing out each floor to get some experience. I use the shadows as a way of gauging my strength. If the shadows are hard, train otherwise you should concentrate on social linking. "
    This.  I try to grind as much as I can in one Persona day to get to the top.  At that point you can always start higher when you need to train more until the next moon.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    " @RE_Player92: It's been a while so I can't give you a straight answer but how did you find the last boss battle? If you found it too hard it may be a good train some more when you can. Whenever I get a call from Theodore/Elizabeth explaining that I can explore Tartarus further I generally try to get to the top as soon as possible while clearing out each floor to get some experience. I use the shadows as a way of gauging my strength. If the shadows are hard, train otherwise you should concentrate on social linking. "
    This.  I try to grind as much as I can in one Persona day to get to the top.  At that point you can always start higher when you need to train more until the next moon. "
    Ya the last boss I rushed and he died in like 2 hits from each party member. I just got to the 3rd block so I'll reach the top and grind until they're easy than focus on my social links. Another random question, should I keep all my party members around the same level? I remember awhile ago I didn't use Junpei as much and he was 6 levels below everyone else so I took some time to level him up. Are all your party members equally important in the end? 
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    This.  I try to grind as much as I can in one Persona day to get to the top.  At that point you can always start higher when you need to train more until the next moon. "
    Ya the last boss I rushed and he died in like 2 hits from each party member. I just got to the 3rd block so I'll reach the top and grind until they're easy than focus on my social links. Another random question, should I keep all my party members around the same level? I remember awhile ago I didn't use Junpei as much and he was 6 levels below everyone else so I took some time to level him up. Are all your party members equally important in the end?  "
    There isn't anything story critical to where you have to use one party member after love hotel.   You can keep the members your comfortable with using.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1
    @SethPhotopoulos: lol Ya I know about Akihiko's friend from my horrible play through that I fucked up by being low leveled and having no social links. Sucks that he's pretty good at fighting and than well... you know. 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @RE_Player92: It's not important to keep all your party members at the same level at any point in the game. For example, in my games I generally keep Yukari around for support while Mitsuru and Junpei/Akihiko are for firepower. It's the same group I've used for all five of my P3 game cycles and it hasn't failed me yet. You do get other party members later in the game and they aren't bad but I generally stick with the group I started off with.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos: lol Ya I know about Akihiko's friend from my horrible play through that I fucked up by being low leveled and having no social links. Sucks that he's pretty good at fighting and than well... you know.  "
    That does sound horrible.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RE_Player1
    @SethPhotopoulos: Ya I was a Persona noob and hardly ever went to Tartarus. Basically the boss after the whole Shinji thing made me realize I had to start over and do it right. This play-through I've done really good so far, I haven't died once, and I find the female protagonist more fun. 
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Undeadpool
    @RE_Player92: I've always been a proponent of the theory that if you're having an easy time with normal enemies/mid-bosses (or if not easy, then at least not overly difficult), you're probably at the correct level.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos: Ya I was a Persona noob and hardly ever went to Tartarus. Basically the boss after the whole Shinji thing made me realize I had to start over and do it right. This play-through I've done really good so far, I haven't died once, and I find the female protagonist more fun.  "
    P3P sounds fun.  My girlfriend wants it but has no PSP.  I would let her borrow my PSP but it would be her game and a waste of money that way.
    Godot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Godot

Certainly at the point where you're at, if you can beat the last boss of the Tartarus section you're on (and can't go any further), you're on the right level. Some of the later Tartarus bosses can be right bastards compared to the Midnight bosses (or at least this was my experience with FES; they might have rejiggered the stats of some of the bosses to make them less/more punishing in P3P).

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Catolf
    @RE_Player92:  XD I totally rushed that boss too, though I was like lvl 30 when I went in. But On my first playthrough I used everyone because people would get tired, so I'd switch teams, everyone was lvl 90's (i was 96) by the end game, so I just kinda rushed through the two bosses before the end, but then I had to take my time.
    TayIor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TayIor

The way I see it, as long as you can defeat the guardians, you'll be fine on the full moon boss.
    @eroticfishcake said:

" @RE_Player92: It's not important to keep all your party members at the same level at any point in the game. For example, in my games I generally keep Yukari around for support while Mitsuru and Junpei/Akihiko are for firepower. It's the same group I've used for all five of my P3 game cycles and it hasn't failed me yet. You do get other party members later in the game and they aren't bad but I generally stick with the group I started off with. "
    Same here. Yukari, Mitsuru and Akihiko make a solid team and I end up using them every playthrough. I've tried using Ken and Koro, but I just don't find them that helpful in battle. So, I settle for training Junpei and Aigis, in case I need a replacement or I feel like I need to switch things up a bit.
    Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Lemoncookie01

You should stop grinding if you want the battles to be hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.