Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Why does my game freeze when...

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Thunderstarter

I went to Tartarus on 9/22 and got attacked by a shadow (enemy advantage). The shadows began to attack when Fuuka's voice was supposed to cut in and state the obivious, and the game froze.

I did data install, activated it in the config. menu. I turned off voices. I didn't go to Tartarus for 5 days and I still get the same result. This is the first time I've recieved any trouble from the game and the UMD is in perfect condition. Can somebody help me?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

That stinks. So you tried with and without data install? I'm not sure what else to try. 

Does it just freeze when you're attacked? You could try avoiding shadows until you're on the next floor or something.

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderstarter

I had it freeze when I attack, too, but only when I try to attack before Fuuka tries to speak.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Thats weird. I never had that happen to me at all. I really can't think of anything for you to try; sorry.

Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thunderstarter

New development: I found out that (after pulling out the UMD) it has a circular-looking scratch on it. I have no clue why this is; can somebody help?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Fallen189
    @Thunderstarter said:
    " New development: I found out that (after pulling out the UMD) it has a circular-looking scratch on it. I have no clue why this is; can somebody help? "
    You dropped it or something, and your UMD is boned. Sorry, but that'll be it. Take it back and ask for a new one.
    Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thunderstarter
    @Fallen189 said:
    " @Thunderstarter said:
    " New development: I found out that (after pulling out the UMD) it has a circular-looking scratch on it. I have no clue why this is; can somebody help? "
    You dropped it or something, and your UMD is boned. Sorry, but that'll be it. Take it back and ask for a new one. "
    I got it from Gamestop last week, will they take it back?
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Fallen189
    @Thunderstarter said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " @Thunderstarter said:
    You dropped it or something, and your UMD is boned. Sorry, but that'll be it. Take it back and ask for a new one. "
    I got it from Gamestop last week, will they take it back? "
    I'm not American sorry, so I'm not sure how your game stores handle returns. I'm sure if you explain it, they'll be reasonable people. Best of luck!
    Thunderstarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thunderstarter

Update: I exchanged it and got a new copy. Thanks, all!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Thunderstarter said:
    " Update: I exchanged it and got a new copy. Thanks, all! "
    Nice! 

I love it when a plan comes together.  :)
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

And exchanging it fixed the problem? I know there's another game freeze bug involving Akihiko and different PSP firmware versions.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12  Edited By Catolf
    @AndrewB said:
    " And exchanging it fixed the problem? I know there's another game freeze bug involving Akihiko and different PSP firmware versions. "
    I've had some freeze's myself, Fuuka goes to talk and everything stops moving for a second so she can finish, then everything starts again. This isn't often but it does happen.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB
    @Catolf said:

" @AndrewB said:

" And exchanging it fixed the problem? I know there's another game freeze bug involving Akihiko and different PSP firmware versions. "
    I've had some freeze's myself, Fuuka goes to talk and everything stops moving for a second so she can finish, then everything starts again. This isn't often but it does happen. "
    Problems I've heard of and encountered have all been pretty bad permanent freezes. I had the Akihiko freeze problem, but downgrading my firmware fixed it. I've since had a couple of random freezes in Tartarus mid-battle (luckily I didn't lose too much progress since I'd just saved both times). Those ones are too random to pin on anything in particular. Could very well be triggered by Fuuka's voice.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By Catolf
    @AndrewB said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " @AndrewB said:
    I've had some freeze's myself, Fuuka goes to talk and everything stops moving for a second so she can finish, then everything starts again. This isn't often but it does happen. "
    Problems I've heard of and encountered have all been pretty bad permanent freezes. I had the Akihiko freeze problem, but downgrading my firmware fixed it. I've since had a couple of random freezes in Tartarus mid-battle (luckily I didn't loose too much progress since I'd just saved both times). Those ones are too random to pin on anything in particular. Could very well be triggered by Fuuka's voice. "
    I was thinking so, same thing happens if I beat the shadows real quick everything has to stop to include her voice congratulating you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.