Look at the price for Persona 3!

#1 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

I liked Persona 4, but to pay this much for a four year old game! LINKTACULAR!!!

#2 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Amazon has crazy prices like that for old games. I see old Xbox games for like the full £40 on Amazon UK.

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

That doesn't seem right at all. Huh. I know you can get P4 for about 20 Euro in GameStop but P3FES is sitting at a moderate 30 Euro price tag. For PS2 games that's a little high but it IS a Persona game.

#4 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

This should be in the Persona 3 forums...

#5 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

Check Ebay for older games, there's plenty of independent stores that sell through there with good prices on older games. I got my copy of Persona 3 for about £15, it was the version with the soundtrack and artbook as to boot.

#6 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Funny thing is I just bought this game from Amazon in September for like 20 bucks.

#7 Posted by onimonkii (2441 posts) -

FES is $40 why not get that?

is the original out of print? that might make some sense.

#8 Posted by fireflys_locket (68 posts) -

Amazon.com has been doing some crazy pricing for games lately. I posted about it in my LiveJournal, but really all you need to look at is the "Ships from and sold by Hitgaming Video Games." The games being sold directly from Amazon seem fine in price, but eventually they run out of copies (?) and start selling from this other company, whose prices are ridiculous. Before this, I relyed on Amazon as being my back-up if I couldn't find a game I wanted in my nearby stores, so this is pretty disappointing. But there are other ways of getting games, so try ebay or some of the other sellers on Amazon. I bought my copy of Persona 3 FES for $30 new at my GameCrazy just a couple of weeks ago, so check stores too?
#9 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

It is a pretty rare game, but it is amazon. 
Also funny that the superior FES is half as much down the page.

#10 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

Atlus' games do seem to go way up in price as time goes on. My guess is it's because they do such limited runs of their games.

#11 Posted by Fallen189 (5005 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" This should be in the Persona 3 forums... "
#12 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

good thing i got it when it was 20$

#13 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

i find that old but excellent games that don't sell especially well get sold at stupid prices! for example intelligence qube for PS1 was selling for around 40-50£ on ebay and amazon.

#14 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I bought it for 9 bucks at EB

#15 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5424 posts) -

I bought Persona 3: FES for $17 on eBay. Works like new.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19335 posts) -

Vanilla P3 > FES in price

#17 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Red said:
" It is a pretty rare game, but it is amazon. Also funny that the superior FES is half as much down the page. "
FES was less right out of the gate though, so that's no surprise. And now I guess people consider the original release a collector's edition or something.
People are crazy.
#18 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

That's bloody outrageous mate!

#19 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

I found a copy used at a gamestop for $15 .

#20 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11722 posts) -

Found it used for $20 at a local shop. Now if only I could find a copy of Persona 4 for that much...

#21 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

Gamestop (or that store that everyone hates) was selling P3FES for $15 new (though, it wasn't in stock for about a month) while other stores had it for about $25 used.

#22 Posted by Junpei (759 posts) -

I think a lot of it is the fact that the original release pictured there has the art book and disc 1 of the soundtrack with it. FES is cheaper becuase even though it is the more "complete" version of the game it is just one disc, nothing else.

#23 Posted by wfolse1 (455 posts) -

Yeah, I htink it has to do with the small printing runs that Atlus has for its games.  I bet there will be a similar situation in a couple of years for a game like Devil Summoner 2.

#24 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Dr_Feelgood38 said:
" Gamestop (or that store that everyone hates) was selling P3FES for $15 new (though, it wasn't in stock for about a month) while other stores had it for about $25 used. "
Different game though. FES always costs less than the original.
#25 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -
@LordAndrew: Yeah, I know. I was just commenting about how FES was even less than some people were saying it was. If it means anything, a store close to my house called CD Game Exchange was selling the original for $30 new :)
#26 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Belonpopo said:
" I liked Persona 4, but to pay this much for a four year old game! LINKTACULAR!!! "
it's only that much is because it's a new CE with soundtrack CD and book with carboard cover. Vanilla Persona 3 is harder to come by with everything included. Just get FES.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.