Persona 3 FES- Nyx Avatar Prep

#1 Posted by SunArcana (10 posts) -

Is she hard? What should I do to prepare for her? I've got about 20 days and I've just beaten Jotun of Grief

#2 Posted by SunArcana (10 posts) -

Also, I'm new here, did I post this in the right place?

#3 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2026 posts) -

I doubt there's a problem with placing topics like this on General Discussion, but you can actually attach this to the Persona 3 forums for a little better exactitude.

I never really did much grinding leading up to the final Nyx fight, and although I don't remember much from it, it wasn't impossible. There are a few patterns you'll have to catch on to quick and it's a looong battle so you've got to be very careful not to die when you get into it. It can get a little rough, from what I remember.

#4 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -

Thou has commited a grave sin against the gods of Giant Bomb by placing this top in general discussion. For this blasphemy, thou shalt be eternally punished by me, harbinger of forum moderation.

Or I can move your topic. I figured you would prefer that to eternal punishment, so I already took care of it.

As long as you've been regularly taking out mobs in tartarus, you should be fine. I didn't really do any extra grinding at all, and I didn't struggle too much with Nyx. As @EquitasInvictus: said, it's a long fight, so just take a lot of items to refill MP (or whatever). Beware of her charm attack in the later stages. She actually charmed Mitsuru, who Diarama or something on Nyx, fully healing her. It was the most frustrating moment of my gaming career. Undeterred, I actually still beat her without restarting. Heck yeah. Good luck!

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Weird I just beat Nyx. Be sure to have some persona that can deal with dark and light skills as Nyx's pattern does that. You should try to be on the level range from 75-80. Be sure to heal a lot and don't get carless or you'll die quickly. Good luck!

#6 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Weird I just beat Nyx. Be sure to have some persona that can deal with dark and light skills as Nyx's pattern does that. You should try to be on the level range from 75-80. Be sure to heal a lot and don't get carless or you'll die quickly. Good luck!

Ah, yeah. Take one persona that is totally immune to light and dark, that's essential.

#7 Posted by SunArcana (10 posts) -

Thanks guys!

@BoG said:

Thou has commited a grave sin against the gods of Giant Bomb by placing this top in general discussion. For this blasphemy, thou shalt be eternally punished by I, harbinger of forum moderation.

Or I can move your topic. I figured you would prefer that to eternal punishment, so I already took care of it.


You might say I've reversed the Forum Arcana. BAD PERSONA JOKES FTW.

#8 Edited by AP3 (42 posts) -

Nyx isn't particularly difficult, just long. You can't get lazy and forget to change tactics for party members. As others have said, watch out for charm. No fun fighting for an hour or so then having Yukari get charmed and use Diarahan on Nyx. Towards the end you may need to use Mediarahan every turn but I found Nyx to be much less challenging than some other bosses.

Oh, and watch for Moonless Gown (I think that's the name?) that renders Nyx invulnerable. Change tactics accordingly.

#9 Posted by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

@BoG: Oh god, I had the same thing happen to me. Nyx was nearly dead so I didn't bother to cure Mitsuru's charm since I figured I'd kill her in a round. When I saw the word "Diarahan" show up on screen I dropped my controller in shock and just stared at the TV in disbelief.

That was so demoralizing.

#10 Posted by SunArcana (10 posts) -

I was thinking about farming for Abaddon's heart item after hearing about Nyx's charm abilities. Apparently it nulls all status effects besides poison.

#11 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

@WarlordPayne said:

@BoG: Oh god, I had the same thing happen to me. Nyx was nearly dead so I didn't bother to cure Mitsuru's charm since I figured I'd kill her in a round. When I saw the word "Diarahan" show up on screen I dropped my controller in shock and just stared at the TV in disbelief.

That was so demoralizing.

Did you end up winning that very same battle? That's probably my greatest accomplishment in gaming.

#12 Posted by IBurningStar (2165 posts) -

Nyx is really easy up until the end, and dying at that point is no fun at all. I am speaking from experience here. Make sure the MC is immune to charm as well as your healer.  You DO NOT want Nyx getting brought back up to 100% and that is a very real possibility if you are not prepared. Try to pick up a Homunculus or two just in case. Assuming you are properly leveled then the fight shouldn't be too bad. Just swap up your tactics every time Nyx changes phases and don't slack on your buffs/debuffs and you should be ok.

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@BoG said:

@Phatmac said:

Weird I just beat Nyx. Be sure to have some persona that can deal with dark and light skills as Nyx's pattern does that. You should try to be on the level range from 75-80. Be sure to heal a lot and don't get carless or you'll die quickly. Good luck!

Ah, yeah. Take one persona that is totally immune to light and dark, that's essential.

Yeah he mudoed me good on my first try! Luckily my healer never healed Nyx up to 100 health! I think I would stop playing after that.

#14 Posted by endaround (2144 posts) -

Get the ultimate weapons for each character and she'll die easily

#15 Posted by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

@BoG said:

@WarlordPayne said:

@BoG: Oh god, I had the same thing happen to me. Nyx was nearly dead so I didn't bother to cure Mitsuru's charm since I figured I'd kill her in a round. When I saw the word "Diarahan" show up on screen I dropped my controller in shock and just stared at the TV in disbelief.

That was so demoralizing.

Did you end up winning that very same battle? That's probably my greatest accomplishment in gaming.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I had to go somewhere and couldn't spend the time it would have taken to drain her HP bar again.

Congratulations on actually finishing the fight after that. I've never had any videogame defeat that was quite so crushing, primarily because I knew that I could have prevented it and chose not to, and it's a hell of an accomplishment to come back from that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.