Persona 3 Movie Announced

• 68 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

So apparently during the credits of the recently released Persona 4 movie adaptation of the anime, a Persona 3 movie adaptation was announced.

Source

I think I would have preferred an anime series ala P4: The Animation, but this is just fine too. Though, I'm not sure how that P4 movie turned out and something like 90 minutes seems too short to convey all of the important stuff that happens in the game.

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I hope Marky Mark will play chey or whatever that underage chick is called 

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I hope Marky Mark will play chey or whatever that underage chick is called

It'll be animated, not live action.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

Well, it couldn't possibly be a bigger embarrassment to the franchise than Trinity Soul.

#5 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

i hope atlus doesnt end up over-saturating the market with persona shit like square did with ff.

#6 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

But Index, I'm already tired of Persona 3! That's not supposed to happen until after all the subsequently released new media cash-ins tie-ins.

I would seriously consider watching a Devil Survivor 2 adaptation though.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11562 posts) -

At first I thought you meant an American live action adaptation. I was like "WHOA!"

#8 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

But Index, I'm already tired of Persona 3! That's not supposed to happen until after all the subsequently released new media cash-ins tie-ins.

Don't you mean This?

#9 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Animasta: No, that's Xenogears: The Animated Series. :p

#10 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

dunno how to feel about this

#11 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Well, I'd watch it. Hopefully, this'll be good! <3

#12 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

devil survivor 1 would be a better adaption I think, but the best SMT anime adaption would totally be Persona 2. first season would be IS and second would be EP.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Eirikr said:

Don't you mean This?

Megami Tensei games are generally more intelligent with the use of their religious figures and iconography than just inserting exploding crosses because they look cool.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Animasta said:

@Eirikr said:

Don't you mean This?

Megami Tensei games are generally more intelligent with the use of their religious figures and iconography than just inserting exploding crosses because they look cool.

DS2 borrows pretty heavy from evangelion, and I say this as someone who likes DS2.

#15 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Eirikr said:

devil survivor 1 would be a better adaption I think, but the best SMT anime adaption would totally be Persona 2. first season would be IS and second would be EP.

I chose DS2 over DS1 because DS1's characters made me want to punch a bro, even though it has the better plot.

But you're right, a P2 anime would be great. Too bad Eternal Punishment PSP bombed here in Japan!

#16 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

@Animasta said:

@Eirikr said:

I chose DS2 over DS1 because DS1's characters made me want to punch a bro, even though it has the better plot.

But you're right, a P2 anime would be great. Too bad Eternal Punishment PSP bombed here in Japan!

If a P2 anime could be made that resembled this, I'd be all set:

Too bad it's just a trailer for the game.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (35803 posts) -

Like, The Game; The Movie? Or The Sequel to the Game (and not The Answer or Arena), But in Movie Form?

#18 Edited by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

I must really be tired because I could swear you just said

@FluxWaveZ said:

So apparently during the credits of the recently released Persona 4 movie adaptation of the anime, a Persona 3 movie adaptation was announced.

Source

I think I would have preferred an anime series ala P4: The Animation, but this is just fine too. Though, I'm not sure how that P4 movie turned out and something like 90 minutes seems too short to convey all of the important stuff that happens in the game.

And that shit seems crazy. A persona 3 live action movie announced during the end credits of a persona 4 live action movie which was just released? What you talking about?

Maybe I'm already sleeping and this is a dream. If that's the case, then this dream is weird, if a little boring. Where's the pretty half fox, half lady (split vertically) from my last dream? And her friend with the wings and the glasses and the 3 arms? That dream was waaaaaaay more interesting. Good night.

edit. I'll probably regret this post in the morning.

#19 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Like, The Game; The Movie? Or The Sequel to the Game (and not The Answer or Arena), But in Movie Form?

An adaptation of the game's story. A non-canonical sequel was already made in the TV series Trinity Soul. Which I should note again was actually pretty bad and one of the main reasons why Atlus was very closely involved in the development of the P4 TV series; so that other people wouldn't fuck it up.

#20 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

Sure, I'll watch that, I guess.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (35803 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Video_Game_King said:

An adaptation of the game's story.

Then I'll watch it, make some weird comparison to An American Tail or something, write a blog all about the box art, and then write another blog that uses more letters than language can facilitate.

#22 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

fuck persona 3 is even longer than persona 4 how does this even work

#23 Posted by Jesna (68 posts) -

I hope the movie is just Minato talking to the old couple at the bookstore and walking Koromaru for 90 minutes.

#24 Posted by me3639 (1705 posts) -

<crickets>

#25 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@DiscoViking said:

I hope the movie is just Minato talking to the old couple at the bookstore and walking Koromaru for 90 minutes.

With a subplot of Yukari harping on Junpei and sneering at Mitsuru.

#26 Posted by Irvandus (2775 posts) -

As long as the dog is still cool as shit and the blue haired chick is voiced by someone else. As you can see I have great memory when it comes to Japanese names.

#27 Posted by ApeGantz (216 posts) -

Uhhh....why not just make it another anime series?

This will most likely be cut and mashed together. It will feel (be) rushed to us, but to anyone else, awesome and epic.

#28 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Well, it couldn't possibly be a bigger embarrassment to the franchise than Trinity Soul.

Yeah, that anime was... not good.

#29 Posted by Bocam (3667 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Hailinel said:

But Trinity Soul got so bat-shit insane by the end, the only thing you could was enjoy it. Also Japan is losing their shit over this

#30 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@Bocam: The only things in it that were Persona related are: the things they summoned are called Persona and Akihiko (and maybe a very little bit of Igor's face, I'm not sure, it was a long time ago) and that's about it. The story was not intriguing, I didn't cared about the characters (except Jun) and in the end, it's not canon.

It's a good thing that you enjoyed it, but it doesn't resembled in me as a real Persona experience.

#31 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

Well.....okay....what about Persona 5? Will we get a movie of that before the game ships?

#32 Posted by redyoshi (129 posts) -

I don't know anything about the P4 movie, reading some article says it focuses on the "important storyline" so I guess this will be the boss fights in between social link highlights up until the endgame. I really would have preferred it to be a series more than some kind of greatest hits sequence but it will be nice to see some things animated either way.

#33 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@redyoshi said:

I don't know anything about the P4 movie, reading some article says it focuses on the "important storyline" so I guess this will be the boss fights in between social link highlights up until the endgame. I really would have preferred it to be a series more than some kind of greatest hits sequence but it will be nice to see some things animated either way.

You mean something like this? Persona 4 The Animation

#34 Posted by Bocam (3667 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: I never said it was good.

#35 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Hailinel said:

But Trinity Soul got so bat-shit insane by the end, the only thing you could was enjoy it. Also Japan is losing their shit over this

What did you link me to? So many w's.

#36 Posted by redyoshi (129 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@redyoshi said:

You mean something like this? Persona 4 The Animation

Yeah, I thought it would be just as interesting as a series as P4 turned out to be. Maybe not as much potential for comedy, though.

#37 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

@Bocam: Okay, my wording was bad. I should have said:

It's a good that you found the ending somewhat enjoyable.

#38 Edited by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Will it be as bad as Trinity Souls? Either way I'm not a big fan of P3, so I'll skip this.

#39 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Big fan of P3, hopefully this will turn out good. Wouldn't want another Trinity Soul disaster now would we...

#40 Edited by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Movie adaptions are often entirely different in tone and even plot from the original series, or in this case, game. We'll see what changes are made when it drops whenever. It's might be a prequel that sets up a Persona 3 series, too. Japanese anime studios expect their fans to see everything so one project could lead to another project available from a different source. If this is just a straight up movie, I wouldn't be surprised if it just focused on the relationship between the MC and Aigis.

#41 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

That is heartbreaking to hear. That's the best one!

#42 Posted by AndrewB (7439 posts) -

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

#43 Posted by coakroach (2486 posts) -

No thanks.

The characters aren't anywhere near as likeable as the gang from Persona 4.

@Animasta said:

but the best SMT anime adaption would totally be Persona 2. first season would be IS and second would be EP.

If they could somehow condense that batshit crazy plot into something digestible in 25 minute chunks I would be over the moon.

The cast of Persona 2 is waaaaaaay better than Persona 3.

#44 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

They better bring some Lotus Juice raping to this thing if not then might as well call it Trinity Soul 2

#45 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

They better bring some Lotus Juice raping to this thing if not then might as well call it Trinity Soul 2

Don't even. Ugh Trinity Soul was so...Ugh.

#46 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@AngelN7 said:

Don't even. Ugh Trinity Soul was so...Ugh.

Well that's what happens when you don't bring ...

... Oh fudge!

#47 Posted by Bocam (3667 posts) -

@AngelN7: This was the best thing in Trinity Soul, other then "My little brother is now my dead sister"

#48 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Rapping. Rapping, you fool. Two instances of the letter "p." Raping is something entirely different!

#49 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

Ok I was tired and read it wrong. I guess now it doesn't seem quite so crazy. I don't know how the live action part made it's way into my head. I really hit a wall last night. Just blam, and I went from cognizant and functional to senseless and incoherent in record time.

And of my previous post I regret only that I was so tired I couldn't paint the completely absurd mental picture that I wanted. Instead what I did was essentially dip my hands in buckets of paint, slap someone in the face, and rub some canvas against their face.

#50 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

This thread is now making me remember more about Trinity Soul than I care to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.