Persona 3 Movie Teaser

#1 Posted by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -
  Just fourteen seconds long, but I still have mixed feelings about this. : |
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

@TheSheepherder said:

but I still have mixed feelings about this. : |

Why?

#3 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

Yeah, now that it's a trilogy I can't see how it'll go bad.

#4 Posted by Spike_Kojima (56 posts) -

After the train wreck of low production values , bad acting and terrible direction the p4 anime was , I have very low expectations of any persona related anime. Does anyone know if AIC are doing the animation production ? There seems to be very little specific information about the production online.

#5 Posted by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@TheSheepherder said:

but I still have mixed feelings about this. : |

Why?

While I do love Persona 3 and the fact that it's going to be adapted into an animated film is awesome I'm worried about how they'll be able to compress Tartarus exploration with the Social Link stuff into a 120-150 minute film. 
 
Eh, we'll just have to wait for the film I guess. : |
#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@TheSheepherder said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@TheSheepherder said:

but I still have mixed feelings about this. : |

Why?

While I do love Persona 3 and the fact that it's going to be adapted into an animated film is awesome I'm worried about how they'll be able to compress Tartarus exploration with the Social Link stuff into a 120-150 minute film. Eh, we'll just have to wait for the film I guess. : |

As Bocam mentioned, they've pretty much said it's going be more than one movie.

#7 Posted by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

@TheSheepherder said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@TheSheepherder said:

but I still have mixed feelings about this. : |

Why?

While I do love Persona 3 and the fact that it's going to be adapted into an animated film is awesome I'm worried about how they'll be able to compress Tartarus exploration with the Social Link stuff into a 120-150 minute film. Eh, we'll just have to wait for the film I guess. : |

As Bocam mentioned, they've pretty much said it's going be more than one movie.

Hmm I missed that piece of info. Thanks. :) 
#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Three about-two hour movies equals one season of a standard series, so I'm okay with this. P3 is my favorite, so I'll be a fanboy either way on this one.

#9 Posted by sawtooth (429 posts) -

any time frame on this?

#10 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

Interested to see how it will play out.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Spike_Kojima: I can't imagine it being anyone else than AIC, though it weirds me out that they haven't just said it by now. If we're lucky they'll get a higher budget since P4A sold super well, I guess.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Not a fan of Persona 3's story so I probably won't like this.

#13 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Not a fan of Persona 3's story so I probably won't like this.

I loved it going through the game but looking back I just like characters and not so much the overall story as well.

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

@msavo said:

@Phatmac said:

Not a fan of Persona 3's story so I probably won't like this.

I loved it going through the game but looking back I just like characters and not so much the overall story as well.

I really don't care about most of the characters. They aren't unique or interesting in any way if you think about it. You also don't get much interaction with the male group as you don't have a social link with them which is vital to building their character in P4. I just think P4 does a better job with their story and character. I still like P3, but not for the story.

#15 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Just like with the P4 anime I can't get really interested in this even when Persona 3 is my favorite of the Persona games stories because I already saw all that , I would rather have something new, tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

Have you seen Persona: Trinity Soul?

#17 Posted by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -
@AngelN7 said:
Just like with the P4 anime I can't get really interested in this even when Persona 3 is my favorite of the Persona games stories because I already saw all that , I would rather have something new, tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.
There's Trinity Soul, but that anime wasn't really good.
#18 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

Have you seen Persona: Trinity Soul?

No he hasn't, because it doesn't exist.

#19 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

Have you seen Persona: Trinity Soul?

Shh, Atlus wants you to forget that exists

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (35988 posts) -

This, combined with the research I did when I encountered some oddities in this screenshot, makes me think I should get around to Persona 3 one of these days.

Online
#21 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

Have you seen Persona: Trinity Soul?

You just HAD to remind us of that, didn't you? D:

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

Have you seen Persona: Trinity Soul?

Shh, Atlus wants you to forget that exists

Ok I meant to say tell a good new story , still I can't get all that excited about a story when I know every single twist and how is gonna turn out , probably the only part I'm anxious to hear is the soundtrack, P3 soundtrack and various remixes are so damn great.

#23 Edited by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -

On a much lesser note I'm curious what they'll call the protagonist.

#24 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Just brace yourself for a step back in a few of the elements you liked in P4.

Anyway, I feel that P3 is better off as a movie instead of a TV run due to how manga like it is.

#25 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

tell a new story set after the game it doesn't matter if is canon or not I would totally watch an anime of that but the game is an anime the difference is that you're playing it even the filler episodes.

Have you seen Persona: Trinity Soul?

Shh, Atlus wants you to forget that exists

Well the only thing Atlus remember about it is the music

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -
A new key visual

Official site's been renewed and says "Persona 3 the Movie #1, 2013 in theaters." This confirms that this will, indeed, be spread across multiple movies.

#27 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Cool. Can't wait to see this.

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ You... beat me by 8 minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.