Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 13, 2006

Persona 3 is the fourth main entry in the Persona series. Introducing the "Social Link" system and removing several Shin Megami Tensei staples including the post-apocalyptic setting, Persona 3 greatly expanded the popularity of the series, particularly in the west. It also established the balance of traditional role-playing combat and social simulation that would define the series going forward.

specific questions about persona 3

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zaldar

Sooo the used copy of this I picked up (that I think isn't fes unfortunately what is the difference anyway?) didn't have an instruction manual and it seems no one online has scanned one...so I have some specific questions. It seems to start more quickly than 4 but I am about 25 hours in (middle of second level of tarturus floor 42 or so) and I haven't been able to start any social links with my party members...should I be worried? (If date is important I have gone through two full moons). As well is every floor supposed to have some sort of access point? A couple didn't seem to...and oh boy did floor thirty with either way to many enemies or none but death coming quickly scared the crap out of me...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

There are no Social Links with party members except for the female ones. I don't remember at which point you can engage in a social link with Fuuka, Yukari or Mitsuru, though.

Ever floor does not have an access point.

The FES version of Persona 3 adds "The Answer", which is a follow-up story to Persona 3 that explains some things about the ending. FES also adds other extra stuff like a Social Link with Aigis, being able to walk Koromaru, surveillance footage of the dorm, a bonus ultimate boss, a harder difficulty setting and it adds to the original ending of Persona 3 in "The Journey" with some aspects that I think would be a shame to miss out on.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@FluxWaveZ said:

There are no Social Links with party members except for the female ones. I don't remember at which point you can engage in a social link with Fuuka, Yukari or Mitsuru, though.

Ever floor does not have an access point.

The FES version of Persona 3 adds "The Answer", which is a follow-up story to Persona 3 that explains some things about the ending. FES also adds other extra stuff like a Social Link with Aigis, being able to walk Koromaru, surveillance footage of the dorm, a bonus ultimate boss, a harder difficulty setting and it adds to the original ending of Persona 3 in "The Journey" with some aspects that I think would be a shame to miss out on.

That surveillance stuff was not in the original? Sorry OP you messed up. On topic, I am surprised you have not gotten social link with at least Yukari yet.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By EquitasInvictus
    Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Giefcookie

@zaldar: Yukari and Fuuka are both very late game links, and 2 other party member links happen even later (scarily so, if you are looking to rank10 them). I'm fairly sure you can start Fuuka during the summer but she requires a high Courage stat, Yukari was later than that (might be after summer break) and requires Charm.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SlightConfuse

yukari is right away or later.

mitsuru is after the school trip

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By psylah

Chihiro is all you need, bro.

Forget all those other bitches.

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@psylah: Yeah! You can't go wrong with the androphobic treasurer who has problems standing up for herself.

No Caption Provided
    zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zaldar

@EquitasInvictus: She is my favorite so far but ok good to know that I haven't screwed up entirely on getting the others. Charm and courage is only at level 2 with academics finally up to three. Given how money seems to be much harder to get not going to be raising those quickly...

Odd I am getting different answers on some of them...can people who say you can get yuki now explain?

man I am going to have to find FES now...

EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@zaldar: I remember panicking about not having Yukari or Mitsuru's social link, too. You shouldn't have to worry, theirs just gets unlocked at later points of the game.

For example, there's a trip you'll take out of the dorm and it's not until after that trip you'll have Yukari's s-link.

Mitsuru requires max academics, she hints at it if you approach her after school on school grounds I think.

For Fuuka you'll need to join one of the non-sports artsy clubs and then have courage maxed.

It requires a bit of micromanaging your skill sets for the later two, but Yukari's will come naturally so don't worry about hers.

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zaldar

@EquitasInvictus: Ah ok I'm in the crazy homeec club now....I am amazed the french didn't invade Japan after persona 3 came out man...I really hope they never have an American exchange student in one of their games...all of the other clubs currently seem not to be accepting new members...and the old note on the door of the homeec room before it changed was really odd (and I think someone mentioned something about hearing words they thought were witch like...I'm assuming they just didn't recognize french..).

I all ready love Fuuka...though the voice gets old quickly the character is wonderful.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldenglishc

I was really hoping P3P would have a social link where Chihiro and Kenji were loaded on a rocket and launched into the sun. I'm a huge fan of Persona 3, but god damn those are two awful characters.

autumn_thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By autumn_thunder

I think you get shuffle time more often when you defeat enemies with an all-out attack or with the main character, so it may be advantegeous to skip other party members' turns and finish the enemy off with whatever you named your dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.