Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

2nd playthrough question

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Ciffy

So I'm in late December in the TV bringing my 1st run through of the game to a close pretty soon.  I was able to max all the social links except Death and Tower.  Is it worth playing through a 2nd time just to see these two stories (and perhaps the other path for Sun / Drama Club)?  Is there anything else different besides the bonus boss the 2nd time through the game?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle

I'm on my last day today!

I'm going for the normal ending, then I'm going to reload some saves and go through the bad endings, then I'm going to get the true ending on my second playthrough.

That way I'll see everything, right?
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By endaround

Well not all the Christmas dates, have to do some more reloading for that.

The Death SL is intersting, the Tower not so much. 
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ChrisTaran

Frankly, the only reason I ever needed to do my second playthrough (which I'm about 40% of the way through right now) is because I loved the charcters and story and wanted to experience it again for myself. Same reason I'll watch a movie or TV show again.

Also, I only completed like 25% of the social links so there was a ton of story stuff there for me to see brand new. 

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Ciffy

can someone explain, as spoiler free as possible, how to get the various bad endings?  I know about the true ending where you have to go back to junes at the end of everything, but the only bad ending I saw the ability to get was guessing the true killer incorrectly that night at Aiya.  I followed that one out and then reloaded and chose correctly.  How do you get the others?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround

You can get it earlier if you give into Yosuke's demand for vengenece.

Splitterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 78

#7  Edited By Splitterguy

You can also get it if you don't give in to Yosuke's demands but choose slightly different dialogue options.  Which, by the way, is GARBAGE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.