Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

2nd Playthrough question

cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By cygnus_x89

!!!POTENTIAL SPOILER!!! 

Forgot to put it in the title. 

I'm on my 2nd playthrough and my goal is to fuse an Izanagi-no-Okami but I'm not sure how realistic that goal is from where I'm at in the game. Right now it's 9/2 in the game (between in Mitsuo and Naoto dungeon) and I'm at level 55. Am I at a safe level or do I still have to grind like crazy? If not than what level should I be? Thanks.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By eirikr

You'll need to be level 91, since level restrictions still apply. In my opinion, not worth the grind, especially at that earlier dungeon.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By metalsnakezero

It's really a persona to play around with at the end of the game. If you know the quick exp tip then you can level it up quickly with any trouble.

lishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lishi

But you can not kill yourself with the grinding with few trick.
    1) at september get the +50%xp shirt from the fishing minigame
    2) at december  get the +50%xp sword. 
    grind only on the last dugeon.
     Still i dont think is worth the trouble it will start only at level 91 with almost no skill (no social link xp) and you will need gain 5-6 level to make it decent.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Daroki

If you're looking to be a completionist, it shouldn't be a problem.  If you got Lucifer in your first playthrough, it's slightly easier than that.  (Lucifer was 93, required me to do a bit of grinding in the last dungeon even with the Haikari Shirt and sword, but it made fighting the last boss not even require a Soma.  Ok, Chakra rings on Yukiko and MC helped too.) 

But don't bother grinding until the you at least get to Magresu Inaba.
    amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By amino
    @Cygnus_X89: 
     Since you are already in second playthrough,it is even easier to hit Lvl 99.I like to share my method with you:

1.Since you can already summon powerful persona(at least Rangda,Trumpeter and Black Frost),you should be able to play solo throughout all dungeons starting after Yukiko dungeon.Playing solo multiplies your EXP 4 times than normal battle with 4 members.
    2.Try to solve quest and maximize Fox SL as soon as possible on September to get Haikara shirt.Catch at least 3 Guardians.Trade 1 guardian for Haikara shirt before play solo in Naoto dungeon.This time you will gain EXP 6 times faster than usual.
    3.If you do it right,you will reach at around Level 89 until 91 before fighting Shadow Namatame.No grinding is required.I only took around 40 minutes to finish each dungeon in one go. 
    4.On December,trade Musashi Shinai with 2 Guardians and again play solo throughout the heaven for extra boss.After you win against that boss,you will already easily reach Lvl 99.
    5.If you want to make Izanagi no okami or any personae learn their final skills faster,go solo again with Musashi Shinai and Haikara shirt equipped at Magatsu Mandala World 6.You will gain around 6000-10000 EXP per battle.Izanagi no okami megidolaon should be able to nuke all enemies in 2 turns. 
    nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By nick69

You could, when you get to the final dungeon, just do the auto-leveling trick, on your own, and just let it run for like 5 hours, then you should be good.

cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By cygnus_x89
    @amino:  
    Ah, I didn't know that I'd gain more XP if I go solo. 

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Koihime

IZANAGI NO OKAMI IS GREAT ESPECIALLY VICTORY CRY ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.