Adachi's Social Link

#1 Edited by User_Undefined (184 posts) -

I was just browsing through YouTube and found this. I think it's very well done (a few word choice errors, but nothing major). What are your thoughts duders?

EDIT: The guy who made this has done a few other videos. You can see them here.

#2 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Never mind, thought you were spoiling Persona Golden.

They are ok, but the writing doesnt sound anything like Persona 4, or Adachi.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

I swear to god...

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I swear to god...

Come on. You didn't really think that Adachi would be a Social Link in Golden, did you?

#5 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

No, that's not the first step. You're supposed to call Nanako a bitch first, or a whore if you want less music notes to pop out, but nobody wants less music notes.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@Hailinel: I hadn't thought of it, but I guess I'd say "not really" and I kinda knew this thread was going to be about that video since I had seen it before as well as that Izanami thing, but it still made me nervous.

#7 Posted by Im_a_Wizard (51 posts) -

This gives a whole new meaning to Adachi-baby.

#8 Posted by pyrodactyl (2175 posts) -

that just refreshed my memory of persona 4 and how great it was

So, remind me, where the fuck is persona 5?

#9 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I swear to god...

Come on. You didn't really think that Adachi would be a Social Link in Golden, did you?

Actually, Adachi is a social link in the Golden.

Of the (made-up)Pierrot Arcana.

Srsly.
#10 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

...bitches...

#11 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I swear to god...

Same reaction when I saw this.

#12 Posted by N7 (3594 posts) -
@RTSlord said:

...bitches...

Bunch a' dippy bitches... bitches...
#13 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Hope this is fan made.

#14 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11275 posts) -

They used the wrong name. Who's this "Souji"? Is that Charlie's nickname?

Moderator Online
#15 Posted by User_Undefined (184 posts) -
#16 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

I wish Adachi really did have a social link. He was easily the best character in the game. Hell, he was the only good character besides Kanji and Dojima - and I think I only like Dojima because of how Jeff & Vinny portrayed him in the ER.

#17 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11275 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

I wish Adachi really did have a social link. He was easily the best character in the game. Hell, he was the only good character besides Kanji and Dojima - and I think I only like Dojima because of how Jeff & Vinny portrayed him in the ER.

Funky Student and Fox would like to have a word with you!

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

I want to go hang out with Adachi and all his bitches, but that would require me getting a Vita.

#19 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Yummylee said:

Funky Student and Fox would like to have a word with you!

OK, Funky Student I did actually think was pretty funny. Fox, like Dojima, was neat only because of the added 'backstory' and personality Jeff & Vinny gave him in the ER.

#20 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Yummylee said:

I wish Adachi really did have a social link. He was easily the best character in the game.

He's got one in the Golden.

He was easily the best character in the game.Hell, he was the only good character besides Kanji and Dojima

whut. 

You are a crazy person. Adachi's kind of really poorly written, and a sore spot in P4's story. which is why I'm looking forward to him getting a S-link because I'm hoping they actually explore his character a bit this time around. As it stands now, he's utterly generic. He only gets by due to his awesome voice actor, a cool character design and the fact that he's pretty funny.
#21 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

@mutha3: I should admit that I only like Adachi because of how overblown and utterly ridiculous he was. He sucks until it's revealed that he's the villain, then he's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

#22 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Yummylee said:

@mutha3: He sucks until it's revealed that he's the villain, then he's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Not really. It was pretty funny seeing him be Dojima's bitch throughout the entire game...Then he turns into a generic villian with a generic motive. meh.
#23 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@Yummylee said:

@mutha3: He sucks until it's revealed that he's the villain, then he's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Not really. It was pretty funny seeing him be Dojima's bitch throughout the entire game...Then he turns into a generic villian with a generic motive. meh.

He was generic, but his dialogue was fantastically horrendous, as was Johnny Yong Bosch's performance. And then there's of course the 'creepy rapist guy' portrait. Sure, if I was to view him as a 'serious' villain, then I'd probably find him to be about as bad and annoying as the rest of the cast.

#24 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Yummylee: Huh.

Well you did say he was  "a good character".  I can agree that everything involving creepy raper guy was pretty terrible in a hilarious way.

I'm kind of getting the feeling you don't like Persona 4 much, though! I like it quite a bit, so we're probably not using the word "good" in the same context here.
#25 Posted by Yummylee (22039 posts) -

@mutha3: My only exposure to P4 is through the ER, so I haven't actually played it and most likely never will. I don't dislike Persona 4, though, as much as I just can't stand the majority of the characters and the writing. I think the actual gameplay, like the time management and the battle system and the fusing is superb. So much so that I bought Persona 3 a while ago, but Oh God I Can't Stand Anyone In That Game. Unfortunately a key part of the Persona series--the characters--just isn't for me it seems.

Oh, but yeah, my use of the word 'good' concerning Adachi was accidentally misleading, as I guess it was meant to be ironic. I like Adachi because of how terrible he is.

#26 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

No, that's not the first step. You're supposed to call Nanako a bitch first, or a whore if you want less music notes to pop out, but nobody wants less music notes.

"I like to kill all of the bitches because they're all bitches... bitches."

#27 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Yummylee said:

@mutha3:  I think the actual gameplay, like the time management and the battle system and the fusing is superb.

If you like those elements that much, you should definitely look into other SMT games.

SMT Nocturne doesn't have the highschool life-sim stufff, but uses a lot of the same core principles in its battle systems as Persona(hell, the Persona battle system is based on it).  Its battle system is more mechanically complex and its a much harder game, but if you can pull through that difficulty curve its more rewarding than the Persona system. Its also very Demon's Souls-esque with its story-telling. Very sparse bits of dialogue and a huge focus on atmosphere and world-building.

Can't imagine the characters will bother you there, with how little they talk ;p
#28 Edited by Rabid619 (1103 posts) -

"Tohru Adachi

A young Iniba-PD Detective. He's buddy in your uncle Dojima."

Well... that explains a lot. I must say I kind of wish that this were real, though.

#29 Posted by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I swear to god...

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

#30 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@ThatFrood said:

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I swear to god...

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

I LOSE!

#31 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2035 posts) -

There's a Lust arcana?!

EDIT: That might be a potential spoiler?!

#32 Edited by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@ThatFrood said:

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I swear to god...

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

I LOSE!

Oh shit, really? That is super interesting. Also I love that by responding, we have basically spoiled the thing that Flux didn't want spoiled.

#33 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@NegativeCero: Haha, yeah. Well, I had gotten spoiled concerning this shortly after the creation of this thread, but I guess it's nothing too big since it's a Social Link, after all.

I've done a pretty good job at avoiding the new content in Golden considering what I could learn if I couldn't help myself.

#34 Posted by ThatFrood (3377 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@NegativeCero: Haha, yeah. Well, I had gotten spoiled concerning this shortly after the creation of this thread, but I guess it's nothing too big since it's a Social Link, after all.

I've done a pretty good job at avoiding the new content in Golden considering what I could learn if I couldn't help myself.

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T READ THE PERSONA WIKI ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE ADACHI SOCIAL LINK CUZ THAT SHIT IS FUCKING BANANAS.

BA NA NAS.

#35 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2035 posts) -

@ThatFrood: I made the mistake of reading the wiki because I had no idea this was actually for realsies until recently and I can attest to that. It's pretty intense stuff that I'm kinda upset that I spoiled myself about it.

#36 Edited by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: You must get really mixed feelings about avoiding spoilers but at the same time write up the wiki for Golden. Gotta hand it to you that sounds rough mate.

#37 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus: Ugh, I don't plan on getting a Vita just to play this, which will make me more likely to spoil myself of the new stuff and make me regret it if I ever do get one.

#38 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

@eroticfishcake: Nah, I'm not into torturing myself; I abandoned working on that wiki a long while ago. What I did was mainly upon the game's announcement.

#39 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Clever move. Guess it's best to write up all the stuff they've marketed as you said and finish it off when the game comes around...meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a European release and I will buy it even though I don't actually own a Vita. *sigh*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.