Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Anyone else really like this game's boss battle music?

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ricetopher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7ErlkQIc4A

While it's not the best boss battle music I've heard in a video game, I really like this one. I find myself raising the volume on my TV when I get to a boss battle so I can hear it. Has me hoping the final boss music will be just as awesome.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

It is

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think the Persona games have the best battle music ever. I can't decide which one is better though, them badass guitar riffs or 'OOH YEAH, BABY BABY, DA DA-DA DA DA DA DA-DA DA DA' as they both work perfectly.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

I think its very good music. Look up "The Fog" I believe is what its called, its one of the main end bosses music, I think its one of the best.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ChrisTaran

I love all the music in P4.  I listen to the soundtrack CD's in my car on my way to and back from work.
    It's awesome.

I have no shame!

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Disgaeamad

The Persona OST in itself is a fine piece of work. I always found myself humming out the different themes while I was playing.

Hell, I even bought it, something which I rarely do.

Intrepid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Intrepid

The music in this game is just awesome.  Even my brother who doesn't like the game that much confesses to humming the different town "walking" themes.  "It's catchy", he says.

The song, "The Genesis" by itself may not give an impact, but within context is just freakin powerful.   Imagine the investigation team, half beaten and dead, having eaten a series of mind charges + medigoloan the previous battle...the song inspires dread and rightly so.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By agent_lost

Fun fact: the piano solo that you hear after you beat the boss is the same song. So there 2 version, the guitar one and the piano version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.