Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Atlus, Square Enix.... and Ubisoft?

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By finstern

I found this game for a tenner and thought there was now way I shouldn't own this game, so I bought it, got on the bus and cracked open the manual... because, why not? Anyways I knew it was an Atlus game, the Square Enix logo is somewhat confusing, but upon reading the manual, I discovered Ubisoft is somehow involved. Page 39, "For Nordic support: Simply go to http://support.ubi.com." 

Is this correct? If so what part did Ubisoft play in this games creation/publication?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_4

publisher: AUS (Ubisoft)

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By endaround

Atlus only publishes in Japan and the US.  Europe and other areas are handled by other publishers.  My guess is SE doesn't have a Scandinavian support center and contracted through Ubisoft for support.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

As the others have stated, it's a very normal thing that different publishers handle the game in different territories.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

This type of cross company publishing isn't unusual.  For example Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is published by SquareEnix in Japan. 

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By finstern
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @Finstern: I have no idea what is confusing about that information. 
    Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Zippedbinders

Bethesda games getting published by Ubisoft outside of the US still strikes me as weird.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Finstern said:
    Aye, just found it odd as the GB wiki page states nothing of the sort and lists the only publishers like so:
    Publisher(s)
    Thanks for the quick replys! Makes a lot more sense that they probably contracted the support out.
    If you click through to the Square Enix Ltd. page you'll see this:

A subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings located in London that handles all the marketing and publishing operations of Square Enix titles in Europe and other PAL territories. Many of its titles are distributed by Ubisoft.

The publisher and distributor aren't always the same. NIS America's titles tend to be distributed by Atlus USA and Koei for example. Hopefully that clears things up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.