Atlus, Square Enix.... and Ubisoft?

#1 Posted by Finstern (640 posts) -

I found this game for a tenner and thought there was now way I shouldn't own this game, so I bought it, got on the bus and cracked open the manual... because, why not? Anyways I knew it was an Atlus game, the Square Enix logo is somewhat confusing, but upon reading the manual, I discovered Ubisoft is somehow involved. Page 39, "For Nordic support: Simply go to http://support.ubi.com." 

Is this correct? If so what part did Ubisoft play in this games creation/publication?

#2 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_4

publisher: AUS (Ubisoft)

#3 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -

Atlus only publishes in Japan and the US.  Europe and other areas are handled by other publishers.  My guess is SE doesn't have a Scandinavian support center and contracted through Ubisoft for support.

#4 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4357 posts) -

As the others have stated, it's a very normal thing that different publishers handle the game in different territories.

#5 Posted by PenguinDust (12479 posts) -

This type of cross company publishing isn't unusual.  For example Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is published by SquareEnix in Japan. 

#6 Posted by Finstern (640 posts) -
#7 Posted by ChrisTaran (1579 posts) -
@Finstern: I have no idea what is confusing about that information. 
#8 Posted by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

Bethesda games getting published by Ubisoft outside of the US still strikes me as weird.

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@Finstern said:
Aye, just found it odd as the GB wiki page states nothing of the sort and lists the only publishers like so:
Publisher(s)
Thanks for the quick replys! Makes a lot more sense that they probably contracted the support out.
If you click through to the Square Enix Ltd. page you'll see this:

A subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings located in London that handles all the marketing and publishing operations of Square Enix titles in Europe and other PAL territories. Many of its titles are distributed by Ubisoft.

The publisher and distributor aren't always the same. NIS America's titles tend to be distributed by Atlus USA and Koei for example. Hopefully that clears things up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.