Can I play?

#1 Posted by cmcali16 (52 posts) -

I just recently bought a new ps3 (160gb) and I was wondering if persona 4 would be compatible on it or am I out of luck?

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

No backwards compatibility on new PS3s.  Sorry. :(

#3 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

No, but PS2's are ten for a dollar if you live in a city and can use Craigslist. Just sayin'. 

#4 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

There are more cheap PS2 systems for sale out there than you can shake a stick at. I got a brand new one for 40$. Used ones go for much cheaper.

#5 Posted by cmcali16 (52 posts) -

I fell victim, I just ordered a person 4 and ill be getting a ps2 tomorrow once I pick up my check. From watching the endurance run it will be well worth the money.

#6 Posted by EToaster (129 posts) -

I'm holding out for Persona 4 Portable on 3DS or Vita.

#7 Edited by jello44 (44 posts) -
@EToaster: P4P on Vita? 

Oh, Sony and Atlus, just take my money right now.
#8 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

This makes me really appreciate my fat 60 GB PS3, re-played some P4 yesterday, looks alot better on PS3 and wireless controller is sweet. The only thing that's weird is that the place on the screen where you see the name of your location is missing

Anyone know the reason for that?

#9 Posted by pochunki (60 posts) -

@EToaster said:

I'm holding out for Persona 4 Portable on 3DS or Vita.

do...do you have anything to officially back that up? i really really want that to happen...

@cmcali16: even if you can't play it on your PS3, find some way to play P4. it's my favorite JRPG of all time, definitely one of my top games.

#10 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
@cmcali16 said:
I fell victim, I just ordered a person 4 and ill be getting a ps2 tomorrow once I pick up my check. From watching the endurance run it will be well worth the money.
If you bought a PS2 just for that, might as well get P3: FES.
#11 Edited by cmcali16 (52 posts) -

My persona 4 came in the mail today =D 

Now just waiting for my ps2 to come

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.