Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Can Lucifer learn Hama-type skills?

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Poki3

Can someone check for me if Lucifer can learn Hama-type skills? I'm still not high enough to fuse him, and I have a Helel with all the skill I want it to have EXCEPT Mahama waiting to be fused and I want to know if I can give that to Lucifer :/

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By metalsnakezero

Any skill can be transfered over it just take time for the system to allow what skills you want.

Shiftshaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shiftshaper
    @metalsnakezero said:
    "Any skill can be transfered over it just take time for the system to allow what skills you want. "

Certain personae can not learn certain types of skills. Dont know if lucifer can learn light tho, What i'm wondering is why you'd want to give him light. By the time you can fuse him you'll basicly be endgame and Hamaon isnt very helpfull against the final boss.
    Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Poki3

I already found my answer (yes he can), thanks anyway.

I just want to have a good final team of Personas, that will basicly cover any situation. I have a persona for each element, a Physical one, a healer, an Auto caster (+Debilitate), and I was planing who would get Mahamaon and Mamudoon.
    Hama and Mudo are almost exclusively for mobs that are week to it, and of course some Personas fulfill more then 1 role.

I'll be kind of stupid having Helel with Mamudoon and Lucifer with Mahamaon XD

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Just make Yoshitsune and you if you can make him well, you will NEVER need anything else.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eirikr
    @Fallen189: If you want to make the game less interesting for yourself, good advice.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallen189
    @Eirikr said:
    " @Fallen189: If you want to make the game less interesting for yourself, good advice. "
    After 20 hours of pure grind to beat Margaret, yeah. And by the time you can make him, you already completely wreck any enemy regardless.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eirikr
    @Fallen189: Not saying Yoshitsune is bad, but sometimes the best advice can be the worst advice. My playthroughs of P3 were mostly completed using the Helel/Satan Armageddon combo, which made the actual gameplay of the game inconsequential. 

It's a lot more fun keeping a stable of demons with varied abilities. It at least makes you think (a little bit).
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By C2C

If you want the best Hama/Mudo skills on one persona your gonna need to do some very specific fusing aside from having a lot of time. Since Samsara and DIE FOR ME can only be found on two personas (Daisouju and Alice respectively), your gonna have to know your fusion tables inside and out.  

EDIT: This actually makes me want to see if I can pull off a Lucifer with those two spells :P

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fallen189
    @Eirikr said:
    " @Fallen189: Not saying Yoshitsune is bad, but sometimes the best advice can be the worst advice. My playthroughs of P3 were mostly completed using the Helel/Satan Armageddon combo, which made the actual gameplay of the game inconsequential.   It's a lot more fun keeping a stable of demons with varied abilities. It at least makes you think (a little bit). "
    If he's at the level where he can make Lucifer, I think he is just grinding, and that's boring as hell. I used the Mandala robe and the wooden sword for double EXP and it still took forever.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eirikr
    @C2C: Samsara and Die for Me! can not be passed on to anyone else, if that's what you were talking about. Mahamaon and Mamudoon would be your best bets.
    amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amino
    @Eirikr: 
    You can make the game looks harder by play solo instead of using party.If you dont believe,try fight Shadow Mitsuo or "good ending first form boss" (spoiler if I type it now)) solo using Yoshitsune.Fear+ghastly wail combo still can defeat you because once you got fear and no members can heal you,with no/few homonculus or fear protection equipment,you still can get your ass kicked.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eirikr
    @amino: Yeah, but that's an artificial difficulty increase. It doesn't sound like a bad challenge, though. I have a friend who did it, though I don't know if she used Yoshitsune or not. I don't think she did.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By C2C
    @Eirikr: Thanks for the heads up,  I was seriously gonna go for a persona with those two skills.  Makes sense that those skills can't be passed on though.   Do you know if  Niflheim and similar severe damage spells can be passed on though?
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eirikr
    @C2C: They also can not. This is a somewhat irritating change from P3, but you can easily live without those spells.
    amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By amino
    @Eirikr: 
    I have tried it,and I got my ass kicked twice by Shadow Mitsuo even though my Yoshitsune was already Lvl 99 and had Enduring soul.After that,I refuse new Yoshitsune with Null Fear to overcome that stupid attack.And nowsince I have done with Yoshitsune maybe I will try fusing magic based persona with "hard to be killed" ability.Fusing personae is very fun:P
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eirikr
    @amino: Yeah, it's a lot of fun! If you like fusion that much, then you might like Nocturne. Fusion is a lot less restrictive plus you're making party members instead of ones for just the main dude.
    amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By amino
    @Eirikr: 
    Oh,that is good!Maybe I should try to get Nocturne.Thanks for your info.
    Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Poki3

Why did my thread blowup like this again...

Just in case you're wondering what I have:
    - A Yoshitsune as a Physical / Lightning Persona
    - A Tri-Auto Norn with Debilitate as a Starter / Debufer / Wind Persona
    - A Sandalphon as a healer (surprised I actually made it work. He's got Diarahan, Mediarahan and Spell Master)
    - A Helel as a Blocker (Null or Repel all, except Physical), Mamudoon, Fire and Allmighty Persona.
    - A (planed) Lucifer as a Mahamaon / Ice Persona.

I just wanted to make a good, well rounded Persona selection for my main, that's hopefully suited for any situation. I wasn't overly strict when it comes to fusing, that's why it's not "perfect" but it's close enough for me. I'll have to set up an autolevel for an hour or two tommorow so I can get those last 3 levels and make that Lucifer and finish the game already since I'm really interested in the ending ^^

@amino: I also think you should definitely get into Lucifer's Call. From what I saw in your posts you should did the fact that Demons are actually your party members, and not just variations on your Main's skills and stats. There's a lot more tactics when it comes to planing the battles, and the game is also harder. Multiple endings too, and not in a "one after another" way like in Persona.

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By amino
    @Poki3: 
    Oppss,I am sorry because of blowing up your thread.

Back to the main topic,I never saw Lucifer inherit Hama skill during my Lucifer fusions except ice,almighty and support skills.That is it.I have nothing to say anymore.
    Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Poki3
    @amino: Well mine has Mahamaon :D

Like I said, weird that he's got Hama and Helel has Mudo ;]
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eirikr
    @Poki3: Well, Lucifer does mean "light bearer" so etymologically it makes sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.