Canon Relationship for Yu?

• 108 results
#1 Edited by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

Obviously Charlie and Chie are meant to be but what is the canon relationship for Yu? I recently played through P3P and went with the relationship of Minato and Yukari because that is the canon relationship and since Golden comes out in 2 weeks (FUCK YES!!!!) would like to go for the cannon relationship as well. I haven't seen the Animation yet so I don't know if they venture into this subject (I assume so) but is there a definitive partner for Yu?

EDIT: Dammit, Canon not Cannon, my bad

EDIT: Thanks to the new site, I can now edit the title. CANON! - 5/27/13

#2 Posted by AltonBrown (949 posts) -

Rise, I think.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@AltonBrown: Really? I would've put my money on Yukiko....huh

#4 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Kanji right?

#5 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1741 posts) -

Yukiko, if I had to guess. Should be Rise, but meh.

#6 Posted by AltonBrown (949 posts) -
@Nightriff I'm mainly going off of Rise's arcana. Yukiko'd make more sense, but since when has Persona been about making sense? Also, thanks for reminding me that P4G's coming up! Between it and Zero Escape, it's been a decent couple of months to own a Vita.
#7 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Nobody? That seems the most likely.

#8 Posted by Wraith1 (556 posts) -

there is no canon relationship

#9 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

So, I am too lazy to photoshop it myself, but just imagine a clever image of Yu making out with a cannon here.

#10 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Kanji right?

I would be down with this, Kanji is one of the best characters

#11 Posted by Dethfish (3630 posts) -

I'd say if it was anyone it'd be Yukiko just because she's the only one that doesn't have a pretty clear pairing with anyone else. It's Chie/Yosuke, Naoto/Kanji, Rise/Teddie, and Yu/Yukiko.

#12 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@jking47 said:

So, I am too lazy to photoshop it myself, but just imagine a clever image of Yu making out with a cannon here.

I would take a stab at that but I need to finish my P4 ER Box Art photoshop before I can make a picture of Yu fucking a cannon....or the other way around

#13 Posted by Doctorchimp (4070 posts) -

How much trouble would we be in if it was Nanako?

#14 Edited by sungahymn (987 posts) -

Unlike Persona 3, there's no girl that canonically has any romantic interactions with the protagonist in P4 (within the main characters, at least).

#15 Posted by coaxmetal (1580 posts) -

Who's Yu?

#16 Posted by coaxmetal (1580 posts) -

Oh right, hes a new character in P4A

#17 Edited by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@Riboflavin said:

Who's Yu?

You're Yu, I'm me.

#18 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Chie! But really, I like Naoto.

#19 Posted by sungahymn (987 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

@Riboflavin said:

Who's Yu?

You're Yu, I'm me.

He's you, and you're me?

#20 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11495 posts) -

Well, he doesn't end up with anyone in the anime, despite some teasing towards a relationship with Rise, so that's probably the answer.

#21 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

I'm 78.694% sure it's supposed to be Rumor-Loving Student.

#22 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

Funky Student, doi.

#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

No one. But if there has to be one, it's the one of the Lovers arcana: Rise Kujikawa.

#24 Edited by White (1330 posts) -

It's Marie.

No I'm serious.

#25 Posted by ImHungry (376 posts) -

I always thought it was Saki Konishi. Like, MC is actually the one that kidnaps her at the start and then keeps her under his mattress right?

#26 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

No one. But if there has to be one, it's the one of the Lovers arcana: Rise Kujikawa.

Hell. Yes.

#27 Posted by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

I don't think anyone is canon, but I'd bet on Rise.

Yukiko is obviously the way to go though. :D

#28 Edited by MEATBALL (3087 posts) -

I think I missed the cannon social-link when playing Persona 4, I'm sure it was explosive.

#29 Posted by shishkebab09 (98 posts) -

@sungahymn said:

@devilzrule27 said:

@Riboflavin said:

Who's Yu?

You're Yu, I'm me.

He's you, and you're me?

Thou hast formed a bond that yadda yadda I'm not gonna Google it.

#30 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

Fuck the haters, it will always be Naoto for me.

#31 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@sungahymn said:

@devilzrule27 said:

@Riboflavin said:

Who's Yu?

You're Yu, I'm me.

He's you, and you're me?

Precisely

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@sungahymn said:

Unlike Persona 3, there's no girl that canonically has any romantic interactions with the protagonist in P4 (within the main characters, at least).

Well, there's no one who fulfills that role in P3 either, right? Even The Answer isn't enough to suggest any romantic involvement with any particular character.

Though, watching this video, I had completely forgotten the heavy implication that the protagonist actually had sex with Elizabeth and that she truly loved him. Makes her devotion to her quest make so much more sense in P4A.

#33 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Wait there is sex in P3? Need to play it again now

#34 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Nightriff: Nothing explicit, obviously. It's just heavy implications akin to the nurse Social Link lvl 2 scene in Persona 4.

#35 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Damn, to get to that point do I have to take her to all those places around town? I fucked that part up

#36 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

Fuck Yukiko. It seems like Rise has a crush on Yu whether you go for her or not, so there's more evidence implied there than with any of the other girls, however I do think that they were trying to portray it in a way that didn't guide you towards any one girl specifically, unlike 3.

#37 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

unlike 3.

What did P3 do differently?

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Hunter5024 said:

unlike 3.

What did P3 do differently?

It gave you more emotional scenes between the main character and Yukari, and also let you start building a relationship in the story (not social link) sooner. She's also the only girl of the three main love interests who actually shares a class with you. Mitsuru's pretty closed off from you throughout the whole game unless you do the social link, and Fuuka gets introduced later and most of her emotional scenes don't involve the main character at all. I suppose there is also an argument to be made for Aigis but whatever, she's a robot, robots don't matter.

#39 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (570 posts) -

HIS FUCKING NAME IS "CHARLIE!". God damn it, people. Two pages and not even a mention of this. Yu suck, guys.

Also, Chie.

#40 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

HIS FUCKING NAME IS "CHARLIE!". God damn it, people. Two pages and not even a mention of this. Yu suck, guys.

Also, Chie.

I stated it in the opening paragraph, did you actually read this?

#41 Edited by MyNiceIceLife (612 posts) -

if i remember correctly, if you are going off the animation it's said that Yu/Charlie is a player (i think it was Margaret that said it in the fortune telling booth at the culture festival), meaning that he doesn't have one girl in particular. so if you go off of that, your only option is to go for all the girls (which is kind of what Vinny and Jeff did but didn't succeed with Naoto).

#42 Posted by ChrisTaran (1570 posts) -

Without a doubt it's setup for Yukiko. But I will always choose Chie everytime <3

#43 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Yu just hooks up with everybody. Look at that popped collar, he's a player.

#44 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@TooWalrus: 10,000 almost there man

#45 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@FluxWaveZ: Damn, to get to that point do I have to take her to all those places around town? I fucked that part up

Yes, that scene is the last quest for Elizabeth.

#46 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@Icemo said:

@Nightriff said:

Yes, that scene is the last quest for Elizabeth.

That's depressing....New Game+ here I come

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36097 posts) -

ALL THE WOMEN!

#48 Posted by Lyfeforce (359 posts) -

Barring any furthering of the storyline from p4 to p4a and beyond, I'm saying Rise because of the Lovers Arcana.

#49 Posted by Petiew (1333 posts) -

None. I wouldn't say there's a canon relationship in P3 either. You can make cases for Yukari, Aigis, Elizabeth and even Chihiro.

Yuko is still best girl though.

#50 Posted by Nightriff (4925 posts) -

@Petiew: Yuko the best? No

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.