Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Can't believe I'm actually playing this.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nick69

Usually I'm hardcore on like CoD 4, Rainbow Six, Dawn of War, Gears of War, and never expected myself to be getting and playing a j-rpg's of all things.

But, this game is actually pretty fun... crazy how some videos can convince me to play this.

How many of y'all gotten into Persona 4 from the endurance run?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I have thought about it, but haven't gone through with it. As funny as I think the Endurance Run is, I fucking hate Teddy... Anime Invented...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How could you possibly think Teddy is anything but awesome?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fr0br0
    TooWalrus said:
    "I have thought about it, but haven't gone through with it. As funny as I think the Endurance Run is, I fucking hate Teddy... Anime Invented..."
    Teddy gets a lot better and he's actually one of the deepest characters in the entire game.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By animateria

After I played through Persona 3: FES.

I vowed not to play another Persona game for a while...

Fun... but eats up too much time. And a trip back to (yeah I wore uniforms, had s multi-cultural day, athletic day, and everything) high school, is nostalgic but something I'd rather not experience again... and again.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nick69
    theMockingNoob said:
    "It's one of the games i intent to buy when I get a PS2. "
    Lol I pulled out the really fat ps2's from 2001, that I haven't used since 2004 and still works perfectly out of the closet.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By toowalrus
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    "I have thought about it, but haven't gone through with it. As funny as I think the Endurance Run is, I fucking hate Teddy... Anime Invented..."
    Teddy gets a lot better and he's actually one of the deepest characters in the entire game."
    Yeah, depending on how the rest of the ER goes, I may pick it up. But I've already listened to this stupid cartoon bitch about how lonely he is, and cower in fear when Chie yells at him. I'd rather not watch it again without Vinny and Jeff cracking jokes every 10 seconds to keep the videos interesting... and watchable.
    cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By cygnus_x89

I bought it because of the Endurance Run and it was the best $40 I've spent in a long time. I too never would of seen myself playing a game like Persona 4 because I'm more into WRPGs such as KOTOR, Mass Effect, and Neverwinter Nights. 

::Pertaining to Teddie::
    My tolerance for Teddie was inconsistent. He went from good, to annoying, to awesome. Especially for one powerful event in the game I will not spoil. 
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FlipperDesert
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "TooWalrus said:
    Teddy gets a lot better and he's actually one of the deepest characters in the entire game."
    Because he's hollow inside? DOH-HO-HO-HO-HO!

Seriously, until you've played through Persona 3, don't say anything about annoying support characters. Teddie and Rise are a step up. And I got P3: FES and P4 last week, I finally broke down.
    Seraphim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Seraphim

I'd really probably have never given P4 a chance until I saw the videos.  It got to the point where I could either do a paper, or play P4...I think you know the right choice...P4.  Beat it in a week and a half, and once school ends, I'm totally in for another go.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By papercut

I have nothing to say about your topic

just awesome avatar

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Nasar7
    nick69 said:
    "Usually I'm hardcore on like CoD 4, Rainbow Six, Dawn of War, Gears of War, and never expected myself to be getting and playing a j-rpg's of all things.
    RPGs are the epitome of hardcore.
    nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nick69

lol, well I bought the game today and already have 4 hours on the game and almost done with yukiko's castle.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    Nasar7 said:
    "nick69 said:
    "Usually I'm hardcore on like CoD 4, Rainbow Six, Dawn of War, Gears of War, and never expected myself to be getting and playing a j-rpg's of all things.
    RPGs are the epitome of hardcore.
    "
    That is subjective. Final Fantasy and its similar ilk are quite casual because they sell to a large audience, while something like Baldur's Gate is more hardcore with its extremely casual unfriendly AD&D 2ed ruleset. But I would consider Persona somewhat hardcore, if only because of how long it is.

I am playing P3:FES instead, because it was cheaper and I have too much free time. That game has some minor issues that 4 fixed, such as the ability to directly control your teammates, and the writing for a lot of the side social links isn't as good. However, my enthusiasm for the game was somewhat hurt by my stupid brother deleting my save file, making me have to start the game all over again. I will finish it though.

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MiserableGerm

And what is this hate for JRPG's anyway? Its not like WRPG's are flawless either.

Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Storphrax

I always hated how srupid the AI can be sometimes in Persona 3, but I will finish it all the same. I'm 35 hours in and not about to turn back!

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

The Endurance Run hasn't really made me want to purchase Persona 4 only because I don't feel like playing through things that I have already seen via the videos. It has however peaked my interest in the series and I will seriously consider purchasing Persona 5 if that game is ever announced and released

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By vidiot

I've been on edge to either continue playing through a second Persona 4 play-through (Got pretty far, mostly focusing on social links.) or finally start really playing Persona 3.

But there's this thing called "life" that keeps getting in my way...

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thegoldencat7

Finally relented and bought it yesterday.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ChrisTaran
    vidiot said:
    "I've been on edge to either continue playing through a second Persona 4 play-through (Got pretty far, mostly focusing on social links.) or finally start really playing Persona 3.

But there's this thing called "life" that keeps getting in my way..."
    Life?  WTF is that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.