English cast to dub anime

• 63 results
#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -
#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

FUUUUCKKKK YEAHHHHH

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

That is great. Is the anime worth watching considering I already know the story?

#4 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

That is great. Is the anime worth watching considering I already know the story?

they made main character out to be an actual, pretty funny, character, instead of just a blank slate

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

they made main character out to be an actual, pretty funny, character, instead of just a blank slate

That's good to hear. A blank slate character is terrible to any other medium. When it's dubbed I will check this out at the least. Even if I don't watch the whole series.

#6 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Sure I'll rewatch the anime with the english voices, learned to love the japanese voices though so that's what I'm used to know

Luckily both casts are great and the anime is so good it's worth seeing twice

#7 Posted by punisherkaos (276 posts) -

Today is a great day.

#8 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Sweet, now I can actually watch it without hearing Japanese Rise or Teddie! A great day indeed.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

So Adachi and the main character will have the same voice actor?

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I watched the anime first, and the game is still awesome. Interpret that as you will.

#11 Posted by Linkster7 (1026 posts) -

Great, just great. I have nothing else.

#12 Posted by Sanj (2393 posts) -

Fan-friggin-tastic.

#13 Edited by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

Oh god, oh god oh god... oh god, oh god oh... god...

*ahem* Surely this is most excellent news.

I was still holding out hope that the Persona 3 voice cast would be voicing the characters for the Persona 4 anime.

#14 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

Might get weird hearing Johnny Bosch talking to himself.

#15 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

Cool glad I didn't watch too much of the anime. The voices were all wrong, and it the wrong language too!

#16 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

I am stoked!

#17 Posted by AlisterCat (5575 posts) -

So happy to hear that. Glad I only watched the first episode in Japanese.

#18 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Great now I'm a bit more interested in watching the anime as watching stuff subbed kinda sucks

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

Can't wait- do we know when?

#20 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

Thats awesome news!

#21 Posted by Chet_Rippo (235 posts) -

Any idea when it'll be dubbed?

#22 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11039 posts) -

Now if only they'd use the name Charlie...

#23 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

YEs. I will now watch anime!

Oh no...I will now watch anime! :(

#24 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

Johnny Yong Bosch is getting paid.

#25 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Super excited to hear this. It's going to make it even better. I will most definitely check this out when it becomes available.

#26 Posted by NathHaw (2786 posts) -

This day just keeps getting better.

#27 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

#28 Posted by SilvarusLupus (310 posts) -

AHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH. This is the best new I've heard all day.

#29 Edited by Rapid (1368 posts) -

This is probably the only anime now a days that I would watched dubbed or even watch for that matter lol

Just hope the true ending will be included

#30 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@Grimluck343 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

When ever Chei says not Charlies name just mute the tv.

#31 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11039 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Grimluck343 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

When ever Chei says not Charlies name just mute the tv.

Well, if they use the same name as the anime in Japanese, then his name would be "Yu," so assuming they used his first name, it would just sound like she was saying "you." However, from watching a lot of the anime, it seems like they used his last name more often than his first name.

#32 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

Yeah, what the fuck will happen there? Can he do other voices other than Vash, Ichigo, Power Ranger, and Johnny Young Bosch?

#33 Posted by Commisar123 (1793 posts) -

YAY now I have to buy it on dvd, hopefully this means they will do voices for P4: A and The Golden too

#34 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@RockmanBionics said:

Yeah, what the fuck will happen there? Can he do other voices other than Vash, Ichigo, Power Ranger, and Johnny Young Bosch?

This guy.

#35 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Ok that is different, nice job Johnny. but that voice isn't what he used in Persona 4 and it's not what I'd imagine Yu would sound like.

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Nottle:

Are you saying that Seto can't be sexy? Then how could fans ever piss me off by calling that video the "yaoi scene"?

#37 Posted by MrAristocrates (194 posts) -

I kind of want Johnny to just shout all his lines Power Rangers-style.

#38 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

@Vadis said:

I would assume they would soon dub the Anime, Persona 4: Arena and the new parts of Golden. It makes sense to do it all at once, right?

#39 Posted by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Vadis said:

I would assume they would soon dub the Anime, Persona 4: Arena and the new parts of Golden. It makes sense to do it all at once, right?

Yup, they could turn it into a great marketing blitz if done well.

#40 Edited by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Vadis said:

Yup, they could turn it into a great marketing blitz if done well.

Of course that'll take a long time for the anime to be release if actors/actress are all over the place. That wont be too bad since it'll give them time to perfect the voice performances and not half ass it. From a tidbit I got, Sentai have only inform a few cast members about this but after hearing the news, many cast members are willing to return once they have the time.

#41 Posted by endaround (2146 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Vadis said:

Highly unlikely. Different companies and Sentai tends to do everything in house.

All that said Sentai seems to have made this announcement and none of the actors are aware that they were cast,

http://www.animevice.com/news/questions-swirl-around-persona-4-the-animation-dub-updated/5978/

Damn those former interns actually doing real reporting

#42 Posted by Nux (2360 posts) -

This is great news!

#43 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@endaround said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Vadis said:

Highly unlikely. Different companies and Sentai tends to do everything in house.

All that said Sentai seems to have made this announcement and none of the actors are aware that they were cast,

http://www.animevice.com/news/questions-swirl-around-persona-4-the-animation-dub-updated/5978/

Damn those former interns actually doing real reporting

Yeah, I read that earlier. It's curious that they would do that.

I guess this just means that nothing is guaranteed regarding the dub at this point.

#44 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Hey guys, we're all gonna call Nick "Scoops-kun" now, because he's now a legit anime newsman.

Keep this in mind next time he makes a post.

#45 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@JohnDudebro said:

Hey guys, we're all gonna call Nick "Scoops-kun" now, because he's now a legit anime newsman.

Keep this in mind next time he makes a post.

I agree with this

#46 Posted by NathHaw (2786 posts) -

Nick is the new Patrick.

#47 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5266 posts) -

If you read further the localization team said that Yu would be renamed Charlie Tunoku.

#48 Posted by NathHaw (2786 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

If you read further the localization team said that Yu would be renamed Charlie Tunoku.

RT if you agree.

#49 Posted by wjb (1662 posts) -

Glanced at the title and thought it said "English cat to dub anime".

Strange thing was I didn't even bat an eye. I was like, "Of course."

#50 Posted by ajamafalous (12003 posts) -

I'd been not watching it because I absolutely hate subs. Fucking stoked to hear this. Any word on when it starts or is that way too far off?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.