Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

English cast to dub anime

• 63 results
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By landon

Already finished the SUB, but my friend only watched the first 3 episodes when I showed it to him, so I'll probably end up watching the entire DUB with him.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By DoctorTran

I started to watch it and was like... "Who is this dipshit? Where the fuck is Charlie Tunoku?"

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Not sure if this is a bad thing but apparently the English Voice actors have notbeen contacted about this at all http://kotaku.com/5900594/persona-4-anime-english-dub-announcement-leaves-original-cast-speechless

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Animasta

@Oscar__Explosion said:

Not sure if this is a bad thing but apparently the English Voice actors have notbeen contacted about this at all http://kotaku.com/5900594/persona-4-anime-english-dub-announcement-leaves-original-cast-speechless

if you looked further up then you would already see Nick "scoops-kun babylonian" Robinson has already reported on this

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By AndrewB

At the very least it sounds like most of the English voice actors *want* to reprise their roles. I'd have figured they'd all been notified so that they could record lines for Arena, Golden, and the Anime all at once to make things cheaper/more sane for all involved.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By phantomzxro

happy about that!

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By ethan_raiden

I just finished watching the show myself, and it is really awesome, maybe a bit disjointed at the end, and yeah charlie is really funny in it, they kind of play up his indifference to everything, so having that be the crux of his character is pretty funny.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#58  Edited By Hailinel
    @AndrewB

At the very least it sounds like most of the English voice actors *want* to reprise their roles. I'd have figured they'd all been notified so that they could record lines for Arena, Golden, and the Anime all at once to make things cheaper/more sane for all involved.

Atlus and Sentai do their dubbing separately. The cost wouldn't be any cheaper either way.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Karkarov

@endaround said:

All that said Sentai seems to have made this announcement and none of the actors are aware that they were cast,

http://www.animevice.com/news/questions-swirl-around-persona-4-the-animation-dub-updated/5978/

Damn those former interns actually doing real reporting

Yeap, the Crunchyroll news article where they covered the bases saying the original was in error even linked back to the Animevice article as a source of this news. Cool beans for them. Shitty beans for those who were happy to see the original cast confirmed. I think they also said Original Teddy VA is out as well because he is already busy with another job. Hopefully Chie's VA decides to do this one though instead of snubbing it like Arena. But then again I sort of like the replacement they got for Arena, she did pretty well as Erica in Catherine.

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By babylonian

There's not enough to post an AV news story about, really, since no one will talk to me about it on the record, but I think you guys might be interested to know that relations between the P4 cast and Sentai are going... less than great. Yukiko's VA called the situation a "whole new level of clusterfuck" on Facebook, saying that "there are last ditch attempts being made to keep the Persona 4 recording here. Otherwise it's going back to Texas to be recast."

A source close to the everything told me it's "looking like the cast may not be back due to the poor way this was handled by Sentai." Basically, everyone's walking on eggshells right now - for the most part, it seems like the cast really wants to do the thing, but Sentai has kinda screwed this up at every available opportunity.

Gun to my head, I'd guess that this is all gonna work out in the end, since everyone kinda wants the same thing. But man! What a mess.

(Also: I fully approve of 'Scoops-kun.')

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#61  Edited By Hailinel

@Babylonian said:

There's not enough to post an AV news story about, really, since no one will talk to me about it on the record, but I think you guys might be interested to know that relations between the P4 cast and Sentai are going... less than great. Yukiko's VA called the situation a "whole new level of clusterfuck" on Facebook, saying that "there are last ditch attempts being made to keep the Persona 4 recording here. Otherwise it's going back to Texas to be recast."

A source close to the everything told me it's "looking like the cast may not be back due to the poor way this was handled by Sentai." Basically, everyone's walking on eggshells right now - for the most part, it seems like the cast really wants to do the thing, but Sentai has kinda screwed this up at every available opportunity.

Gun to my head, I'd guess that this is all gonna work out in the end, since everyone kinda wants the same thing. But man! What a mess.

(Also: I fully approve of 'Scoops-kun.')

Thanks for the update, Scoops-kun.

In a way, this doesn't really surprise me too much. Sentai is headed by people that had been in charge of ADV, which collapsed due to what I understand were a whole series of poor management decisions. It doesn't surprise me that they'd risk fumbling this so badly.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By ChrisTaran

This went from great news to terrible pretty quick :/

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By endaround

I thought they only way this would work out is due to the actors really liking the project. Sentai is just ...ugh. NISA doing a sub only release would have been better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.