Every day's great at your Junes! (New trailer/anime opening)

• 94 results
#51 Posted by metalsnakezero (2327 posts) -

Ok, this anime is going to be great. Everyday, young life, Junes.

#52 Posted by NathHaw (2794 posts) -

@biospank said:

I love the persona4 op

Man, I love that game, and I can't wait for the series.

#53 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

Yup, that's definitely some ridiculous Persona music there!

Ever since I started paying attention to the lyrics of these songs it's kind of ruined it for me.

#54 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@BananaKid said:

Ever since I started paying attention to the lyrics of these songs it's kind of ruined it for me.

Embrace the ridiculousness.

#55 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

@endaround said:
@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:
will there be somewhere to view this besides being in Japan ?
By violating copyrights? Definitely. Legally? Maybe. Crunchyroll or Hulu could stream it subbed.
im not one to pirate is there confirmation on a fan website having said episodes like Bleach and Soul Eater had

You do know there are sites dedicated to streaming hundreds of shows right? not just one.

sadly to say no I don't
#56 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

Oh man I forgot about the bad bad bathhouse. Oh man.

#57 Posted by Icemael (6343 posts) -

The channel that will be airing this should just ask Giant Bomb's permission to sub and show the Endurance Run instead.

#58 Posted by RE_Player1 (7566 posts) -

Can't wait. Been playing through Persona 4 again.

#59 Posted by TwoLines (2821 posts) -

Oh Christ. Now I have to watch the ER again.

#60 Posted by YI_Orange (1164 posts) -

Glad to see I'm not the only one who started watching the ER again because of this.

#61 Posted by dabe (299 posts) -

This is probably the first anime ever that will sound better in English. Ground-breaking stuff.
#62 Posted by Arestice (468 posts) -
@BananaKid said:

They're trying to help us, think about what the stereotype is that plays Persona 3+. 

Don't get me wrong I love Persona (atleast 1,2,4) and SMT.
#63 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

SO STOKED

#64 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -

It'll seem weird hearing the characters with different voices, but what the hell. Must watch this.

#65 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

The official site has an awesome redesign:

#66 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
I don't see anything different...
#67 Posted by DonChipotle (2787 posts) -

I forgot how nonsensical Japanese music can be when sung in English. Oh gosh.

#68 Posted by Sweep (8928 posts) -

I haven't been this excited for anime since the original series of Pokemon. This is going to be awesome.

#69 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@VelvetLore04 said:

So good!

#70 Edited by YetiAntics (1492 posts) -

Fuck... I'm gonna be a "jerk" from start to finish of this anime.

#71 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@mutha3 said:
I don't see anything different...

I'm talking about P4A.jp

Or has that redesign been there for a while now?Could very well be true, cuz I haven't visited that site in like a month. 

It has the MC and Izanagi on the frontpage instead of the original 4 investigation team members.

@VelvetLore04 said:

"glaciers of ideas importing to my friends then exporting"

........Man, I've become desensitizised to this shit.
#72 Posted by Soren (291 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
"glaciers of ideas importing to my friends then exporting"  ........Man, I've become desensitizised to this shit.
And so it begins.
#73 Posted by Snipper138 (342 posts) -

This opening is pretty cool. Also lol at the engrish and "Everyday young life Junes!"

#74 Posted by Junkerman (271 posts) -

Man that singing is god awful

#75 Posted by UnoGenius (143 posts) -

CANNOT WAIT  FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

#76 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Fucking sweet!

#77 Posted by N7 (3609 posts) -

@Wes899 said:

Every day young life Junes

Dat some eye-opening, life-ass-changing deep shit right there man.

#78 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

I was completely into that the entire way through... you know what... I would probably watch a p4 anime. I also like how much of the game is actually incorporated into it (which makes sense)

#79 Posted by MEATBALL (3345 posts) -

The bathhouse footage is hilarious.

#80 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

Wow, this trailer's pretty dope. Pumped as heck for this! Meguro, don't ever stop making music.

Wait, was that Teddies mouth moving as he was talking? BLASPHEMY.

#81 Posted by probablytuna (3746 posts) -

I just started watching Persona 4 Endurance Run. And it is awesome.

#82 Posted by ch3burashka (5128 posts) -
@Dunchad said:

Bad bad bathhouse scenes, from the looks of it, will be really scary.

And this Nanako seems to a bit confused - those aren't the lyrics.

She isn't our Nanako... 

It seems like it'll add a bit more flavor to the already known quantity of Persona 4, which is both awesome and disappointing: I already watched the Endurance Run, and some people did that and played it themselves (I already played P3 and was burned out on the combat). Creating a brand new story would have been much more exciting - for instance, when Charlie comes back the next summer. Having a crazy-ass adventure two summers in a row isn't "realistic" but better that than a rehash, I think.
#83 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

@N7 said:

@Wes899 said:

Every day young life Junes

Dat some eye-opening, life-ass-changing deep shit right there man.

Couldn't have said it better.

#84 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

God damn, I always feel so weird when I see stuff on this show. I also have nearly no desire of actually watching, despite be a complete P4 nut. Or maybe that IS why. Huh.

#85 Posted by AuthenticM (3766 posts) -

The answer I want to know is:

will Jeff watch this?

#86 Edited by Pepsiman (2486 posts) -

I look forward to watching this as it airs in Japan. (Edit: Scratch that. Turned the song up on my headphoens to get things all bumpin' and now I'm stupidly excited!) This song's catchy and maintains the spirit of the original game while still doing its own thing. I can get behind that. Hopefully it's not a super late-night affair (not that it'll matter to anybody who gets the subs), but considering the game's subject matter, I might have some late nights ahead of me. Ah well, しょうがない as they say.

And for the record, while Nanako's Engrish is completely terrible, that is the Junes motto in the original Japanese version of the game. You have the localization overlords at Atlus USA to thank for making it comprehensible. As a budding translator myself, I know you sometimes have to decode some truly horrid stuff to make things functional in English, especially if it's the wondrously magical "Japan-made English."

#87 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

@AuthenticM said:

will Jeff watch this?

If I recall he said during a podcast or during some video that he actually might watch it.

We need to confirm this!

#88 Edited by Devoid (429 posts) -

Was gonna post this before, but the funky-ass piano track reminds me a lot of this:

..Which is pretty awesome in its own way.

#89 Edited by Marokai (3078 posts) -
@Vegsen said:

@AuthenticM said:

will Jeff watch this?

If I recall he said during a podcast or during some video that he actually might watch it.

We need to confirm this!

In the P4 ER itself he said he'd be stoked for an anime series of Persona 4, but in the podcast where they talked about it in news he seemed apathetic. It wouldn't surprise me if, in the coming months, he eventually just lashes out at the amount of people asking him about it.

Also: Nanako is amazing.
#90 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

This looks SWEEET! <3

#91 Posted by lockon_one (93 posts) -

great cant wait for this

#92 Posted by remstigma (10 posts) -

I hope that's the opening theme! it's so catchy! This looks amazing! I could watch it again and again. I'm not to worried about the japanese voice actors, I'm sure a dub will come 

#93 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

@Marokai said:

It wouldn't surprise me if, in the coming months, he eventually just lashes out at the amount of people asking him about it.

He's already done that. Several times. Not just for the anime but for all things Persona and Endurance Run. And his stance on the anime is "I already know that story." Which I happen to share; I don't want to watch it because I have already played the game. Thrice.

#94 Posted by Marokai (3078 posts) -
@Beforet said:

@Marokai said:

It wouldn't surprise me if, in the coming months, he eventually just lashes out at the amount of people asking him about it.

He's already done that. Several times. Not just for the anime but for all things Persona and Endurance Run. And his stance on the anime is "I already know that story." Which I happen to share; I don't want to watch it because I have already played the game. Thrice.

I guess I should've clarified and said lashes out again. It'll be an interesting Battle of the Jeffs to witness; Persona 4 fan Jeff vs. the stubborn Jeff that doesn't like people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.