Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Favourite character? **Spoilers**

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

For me, it has to be either Teddie (both forms) or Naoto.

Rise and Dojima are also two great characters, and I only really started to like/care for the latter nearing the end of the game, knowing his intentions were good. I thought Nanako was a clever character too, and actually made the player care for her health during the end quarter of the game. I did anyway.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By subject2change

Honestly there are no characters that are represented poorly. For hilarious factor Teddie is definitely up there as well is Kanji.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Bass

Oh god i Just hate Teddie once he becomes his new self... I just can't stand him.
    But my favorite would have to probably be Yosuke or Rise. Yosuke mostly because he just has a way of getting under everyone's skin to make some of the best scenes in P4 come alive. Rise... I don't know, I can't really explain it, but I definitely enjoyed her character quite a bit.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By samcotts
    Bass said:
    "Oh god i Just hate Teddie once he becomes his new self... I just can't stand him. But my favorite would have to probably be Yosuke or Rise. Yosuke mostly because he just has a way of getting under everyone's skin to make some of the best scenes in P4 come alive. Rise... I don't know, I can't really explain it, but I definitely enjoyed her character quite a bit. "
    If you mean when he becomes human Teddie, I understand what you mean. My love for Teddie quickly went out the window when I first saw his new form. Though it didn't take long for me to like him again, I think I probably like his human form more then his shadow self now. Both are good.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By vidiot

My favorite character is the random dude with glasses who walks past you every time you walk down the steps and another character proposes a s.link for that day during class.

Seriously who the fuck is that guy, and why is he always walking past me?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97
    vidiot said:
    "My favorite character is the random dude with glasses who walks past you every time you walk down the steps and another character proposes a s.link for that day during class.Seriously who the fuck is that guy, and why is he always walking past me?"
    Is he the same dude that always looks like he's late for class when you're walking to school?
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By damswedon

only at July but so far my faves are the dojimas for having great stories, new Teddie, kanji, and the dude with long hair that stand just outside your classroom and seem to be screwing every woman in the game.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Systech

I haven't played Persona 4, but Funky Student is awesome.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vidiot
    FrankCanada97 said:
    "vidiot said:
    "My favorite character is the random dude with glasses who walks past you every time you walk down the steps and another character proposes a s.link for that day during class.Seriously who the fuck is that guy, and why is he always walking past me?"
    Is he the same dude that always looks like he's late for class when you're walking to school?"
    Yeah, he runs by you while everyone else is walking.
    GregIsRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GregIsRad

Easily Kanji. Other than his ambiguous sexuality, he has got to be the most relatable character.

Especially with the line: "It ain't a matter of guys or chicks... I'm just scared shitless of being rejected. I'm a total pansy who tries to make everyone hate me."

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By REDRUN

Teddie FTW, don't need to explain for those who are further in the game than the endurance run crew. LMAO

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bass
    REDRUN said:
    "Teddie FTW, don't need to explain for those who are further in the game than the endurance run crew. LMAO"
    That is, in fact, where you need to explain. I still liked Teddie up to the point where the ER is, but damn.... he got annoying quick.
    Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

I like the Freaky Nurse lady who tries to get in your pants when you take the job at the Hospital.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vidiot
    ValkyrieGoddess said:
    "I like the Freaky Nurse lady who tries to get in your pants when you take the job at the Hospital."
    Last I played it, I'm pretty sure that the innuendo implies after a certain dialog response that she totally does If I remember correctly. I'm not joking, I remember the game faded to black and she gives you a "lecture of things you cant learn in school." Or something like that.

Quick, someone call Fox News. I smell rape in Persona 4.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By FLStyle
    vidiot said:
    "FrankCanada97 said:
    "vidiot said:
    Is he the same dude that always looks like he's late for class when you're walking to school?"
    Yeah, he runs by you while everyone else is walking. "
    I hearby dub him, Passing Student.
    cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cygnus_x89
    It is hard to choose my favorite character because they are all great (except for Teddie at a few parts of the game) but Yukiko is the one I would pick. The character progression throughout the story is very evident, especially in her voice. In the beginning of the story should would speak with a heavy shy tone like she is gasping for breath between every word. Later on she speaks in complete sentence with no such trace. She broke out of her shell so-to-speak. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.