Final P4 Anime Trailer, Anime starting October 6th.

#1 Edited by AxleStukov (114 posts) -

Whelp, putting myself in cold stasis until October 6th.

Really liking how they kept the whole game timeline when releasing all these trailers, there probably will be one last blurry image of Naoto's Lab being empty on the 5th, and then the anime starts on the 6th - the day Naoto joins and the Investigation Team is completely formed.

#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

So any news yet about a version of this with the english voice actors of Persona 4?

And also, does this use the original japanese VA's?

#3 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Only 3 weeks left? YES!!

#4 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

So far the original Japanese VA's are indeed in the anime. What I assume is that someone will license the rights to stream it and than get the rights to distribute the DVD/Blu-rays. Crunchy Roll or Aniplex USA are the most likely candidate to get the streaming rights. If Aniplex USA gets to stream than they will most likely get the rights to distribute, otherwise Funimation would.

#5 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

The art looks really nice, will be interesting to see how this turns out

#6 Posted by Animasta (14669 posts) -

UAGH. Japanese Dojima sounds weird as hell

#7 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

It's weird seeing charlie talk, even if it is in japanese.

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Laketown said:

UAGH. Japanese Dojima sounds weird as hell

Japanese Dojima sounds awesome!

This looks awesome so far, hopefully they won't crap it up.

#9 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

So far the original Japanese VA's are indeed in the anime. What I assume is that someone will license the rights to stream it and than get the rights to distribute the DVD/Blu-rays. Crunchy Roll or Aniplex USA are the most likely candidate to get the streaming rights. If Aniplex USA gets to stream than they will most likely get the rights to distribute, otherwise Funimation would.

It would be straight up foolish of Crunchyroll to not get the streaming rights ASAP.

#10 Posted by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

If I see this in the anime I will die happy

#11 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Charlie has his blazer buttoned up. THAT IS WRONG!

That aside, it's beginning to look a lot better then I thought it would. Hope it stays that way.

#12 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Considering the game was basically just an interactive anime...can't say I'm that interesting in a completely non-interactive anime based on it.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So when will I be able to see it on [adult swim]?

#14 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

So when will I be able to see it on [adult swim]?

At the rate they're going there will be no anime on [as] by the time this gets dubbed.

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish

That's not true! They're trying all sorts of new stuff, like Durarara, and....uh....that one time they aired FLCL...and....OK, but Durarara is still cool. *goes back to watching Squidbillies or whatever*
#16 Edited by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Highlights

I just want to get a picture of the train.
You're too tired from the long trip. It would be best if you go to bed early today!
Pretty Chie is pretty
Shock Yukiko is shock
Is that a dead body?
Run away!
PERSONA Bitches!
She's too cute
Looking cool Naoto
I have the touch!
#17 Posted by FlipperDesert (2082 posts) -

Dojima doesn't sound husky/drunk enough, but I'm still super excited.

#18 Edited by Nexas (625 posts) -

His Jacket is buttoned up? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

Also the closeup after Naoto at 1:36, could that be Marie, or just Naoto again?

#19 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Is Kanji played by a woman in Japanese?

#20 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

This looks so awesome! Love the style. I hope they can get the original P4 voice actors to do an English dub. I really do like the voices in that game, but if not, a Japanese sub will work I guess. It won't stop me watching this awesome looking series!

#21 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

Good. The rumor that Naoto might not appear has been squashed!

Anyways, this looks very great! :D

#22 Edited by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -
#23 Posted by scarycrayons (266 posts) -

I'm of mixed opinions about this!

P3 and P4 are my favourite JRPGs, but... somehow the animation looks... I don't know, less satisfying than the game somehow. I'm not sure why! I guess anime emphasises how 'frame-by-frame' everything is.

Then there's the issue where the plot will be a lot less intriguing from a non-interactive standpoint. In-game, it's a fun mystery that you're involved in, where you get the option to be involved with specific characters. In an anime... well, let's just say there'll probably be far less 'hanging out with Chie on the flood plains' and 'exploring the meat dimension' than there should be.

Then there's the fact it's a retelling of a story we already know and love. Well, I'm hoping there'll be extra scenes that weren't in the game, but... it's kinda weird knowing everything that's going to happen.

I still want to watch it, but it almost feels anti-climactic from the trailer... kind of a 'Yep, this sure is P4' feeling.

#24 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

is igor going to show up?

#25 Posted by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

@slightconfuse:

#26 Posted by Bocam (3712 posts) -

@G3RHRT: No he's not

#27 Edited by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

What about Teddie? Is he voiced by a woman?

#28 Posted by Bocam (3712 posts) -
#29 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

@scarycrayons said:

I'm of mixed opinions about this!

P3 and P4 are my favourite JRPGs, but... somehow the animation looks... I don't know, less satisfying than the game somehow. I'm not sure why! I guess anime emphasises how 'frame-by-frame' everything is.

Its because this show has a different(and, honestly, worse) art-style than the one present in the game. The animation is definitely stronger, though.

@G3RHRT: Neither Kanji or Teddie are voiced by women. Not sure what gave you that impression, because I didn't hear either VA in this trailer.

#30 Edited by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

IS ANY MAN VOICED BY A WOMAN?

#31 Edited by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -
#32 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

If it comes out in English with the English voice actors, I will watch it.

#33 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

@G3RHRT said:

What about Teddie? Is he voiced by a woman?

No, but I can see where you are coming from, his annoying high-pitched tones in the games Japanese voice track sure sounds like it.

#34 Posted by Bocam (3712 posts) -

@G3RHRT: Nope, why is this a thing you care about?

#35 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

Teddie's JP VA definitely makes me want to kill something, but I dunno, it still sounds like a dude to me.

@G3RHRT said:

NO

#36 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@G3RHRT: Nope, why is this a thing you care about?

I just like it when it happens.

#37 Posted by Roldan (30 posts) -

@G3RHRT said:

Naoto's seiyuu is a woman, would you consider that?

@scarycrayons: Are you sure you should consider even seeing it, seems like you've already made your mind. Would it help you that the director that's doing the anime really knows how to pack a lot of things happening in one episode. Also remember that you can't blow out your animation budget in the first few episodes. I mean the game had about 30 - 50 minutes of animation while the anime will have about 8+ hours of animation. And don't forget, not everyone has actually played P4 in japan.

#38 Posted by JackSukeru (5909 posts) -

Charlie looking and sounding kinda evil at 1:07.

Looking forward to this.

#39 Posted by Soren (291 posts) -

I look forward to the overly literal fan subs that'll pop up within hours of the japanese broadcast.

and charlie needs to pop that fucking collar son

#40 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11613 posts) -

I hope this ends up being dubbed into english with the original voice actors. I'm not really into the whole "look for fansubs on the interwebs" thing, especially since one of the things that made Persona 4 so great in the first place was its top notch localization that managed to make stuff relatable while still keeping it distinctly foreign, and that's something that direct translation subtitles won't do very well.

#41 Posted by Marokai (2883 posts) -

I love the way the voice actors say "Persona!" It's as if they make it into two words.

#42 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

Oh yeah, I am so stoked for this! The animation looks fantastic.

#43 Posted by MysteriousFawx (382 posts) -

Oh my god it starts on my birthday, best present EVER

#44 Edited by metalsnakezero (2290 posts) -

Here some pictures I found.

Zoom in on this one to see it animate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.