Gameplay Structure?

#1 Edited by Doomed (197 posts) -

I'm interested in this game but know very little about it. Is a playthrough that lines up with the in-game calendar feasible? [Edit: the game starts on April 11, 2011.]

How much time would one "day" take? Does it widely vary or are they somewhat consistent?

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1709 posts) -

@Doomed: It varies greatly. Days can take anywhere from 1 minute (Exam days), to 10 minutes (S-link days), or several hours (dungeon days). Some days are also straight up skipped. Playing day by day is a nice idea, but I guarantee once you get playing, you are going to want to continue at a much faster pace.

#3 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

The game starts on April 11, 2011.

#4 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1668 posts) -

One normal day can take anywhere from 1 minute to a few hours. Days during exam weeks take about 5 seconds, and there may be times when the game skips several days at once.

#5 Posted by smokeyd123 (329 posts) -

@Doomed: Watch some of the Endurance Run. Your questions will be answered, and you'll get some good laughs out of it too.

#6 Posted by Doomed (197 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

One normal day can take anywhere from 1 minute to a few hours. Days during exam weeks take about 5 seconds, and there may be times when the game skips several days at once.

Are the different types of days pre-determined? I could see exams always being the same time, but maybe dungeon days depend on how you've spent your time in-game up to that point.

@smokeyd123 said:

@Doomed: Watch some of the Endurance Run. Your questions will be answered, and you'll get some good laughs out of it too.

I don't want spoilers!

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8258 posts) -

@Doomed said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

Are the different types of days pre-determined? I could see exams always being the same time, but maybe dungeon days depend on how you've spent your time in-game up to that point.

School days (M-Sat) are generally divided into morning, after school, and evening. Sundays and holidays are generally divided into daytime and evening. Most school days will have at least some small event during the morning. During about 2/3 of the days (rough guesstimate) you can choose what you do after school/daytime and during the evening. Whether you go S-Link with your friends, partake in some other activity, or go visit a dungeon is up to you. Dungeons are typically open to be completed over a few weeks, but it is recommended that you complete them within a single in-game day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.