Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How hard / annoying is it to get the true ending?

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thinking of picking this game up. My only apprehension is that true ending. I don't think my asshole brain can live without seeing it. So my question is, do I need to spend every minute pouring over a walkthrough to get it, like Final Fantasy X-2's ending?

I looked this up online and it looks sort of involved, but sometimes reading steps when you haven't played the game can create this foggy frustration that could actually be super simple once I actually play the game. How annoying was it for you peeps if at all?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can get a couple of bad endings and the regular ending by choosing or failing to choose certain dialogue options. But the ending comes almost immediately after, so you can just reload your game. You can't screw yourself out of the true ending by forgetting to randomly press X in like in X-2. Though I believe in the Vita version you need to max Marie's S-Link by the end of December to get the extended ending.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I dunno why anyone would bother playing this game knowing that the best experience you can have is from watching the Endurance Run.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@marvinpontiac: Not very hard at all. It's just about doing a few particular things at like 3 points in the game. A small fraction of the total effort you'll put into the game.

MarvinPontiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are the best, thank you. I had flashbacks of setting up commspheres in X-2 and panicked.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just save often and you will be fine, even if you fuck up one of the key points, you will be right were you left off, just would have to watch the video again...that could suck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.