How much is left?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how many more P4 ER are gonna be made?

#2 Edited by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Assuming they go for the true ending, they've got 5 dungeons out of 8 total remaining.

I'd say that if they finish the game, you're looking at 250-300 episodes.  Actually, probably more like 200-250.

#3 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

8 dungeons? Jesus christ...

#4 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

Holy crap...

#5 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

My God...

#6 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

The back half of those go by way quicker tho, probably another 100ish episodes

#7 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

Yeah the in game calender goes till x-mas so they're a little over half way now i say in 150-200 episode range

#8 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Probably say 200 with the amount of grinding they have to do to keep up, right now they're 3 levels below where they should be.

#9 Edited by ChrisTaran (1584 posts) -

Yeah, they've got quite a bit left.  They're roughly at around half way at this point.

#10 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I say they will be done is a max of three months because they are not going to get the true ending and I wish you people would get that through your heads
I will be really really surprised if they even get the good ending

#11 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -
trophyhunter said:
I say they will be done is a max of three months because they are not going to get the ... [more]
wow, you're pretty damned aggressive on the topic.  Calm down.
#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11626 posts) -
trophyhunter said:
I say they will be done is a max of three months because they are not going to get the ... [more]
I think that Jeff and Vinny are certainly capable of getting at least the good ending, and while I don't think they want spoilers, they will want to get the true ending as well, despite how stupidly obscure the path to the true ending is unless you have a guide.
#13 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -
ArbitraryWater said:
trophyhunter said: I say they will be done is a max of three months because they are not going to ... [more]
Seriously.  If you play a 60+ hour game and are too lazy to spend the extra 5 hours to get the true ending, well, you've pretty much just wasted 60+ hours of your life.
#14 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

yea, I get the feeling that Jeff and Vinny will got for the Good Ending.

#15 Edited by Scooper (7882 posts) -
Kombat said:
Assuming they go for the true ending, they've got 5 dungeons out of 8 total remaining.I'd say that if they ... [more]

#16 Posted by caseylakes (293 posts) -

wow... about 200 episodes... bring it on!

#17 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

This game seems a little long winded if that much is left.

#18 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
Kombat said:
Assuming they go for the true ending, they've got 5 dungeons out of 8 total remaining.I'd say that if they ... [more]
Yeah, don't tell them that.
#19 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
caseylakes said:
wow... about 200 episodes... bring it on!

If you are referring to my post, I should clarify. I meant to say it will probably end at around episode 200.
#20 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I don't think that they will go for the true ending, I just hope for a good ending. I'm guessing 230ish to be done with it.

#21 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -
Feanor said:
It might seem that way if all you're doing is watching the Endurance Run everyday.  Playing the game however, myself and a friend of mine that I managed to con into playing the game (he hates JRPGs) felt like it was ending too soon.
#22 Posted by caseylakes (293 posts) -
FrankCanada97 said:
caseylakes said: wow... about 200 episodes... bring it on! If you are referring to my post, I should clarify. I ... [more]
i was, and i meant 200 episodes in total, not 200 more =]
#23 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -
Scooper said:
Kombat said: Assuming they go for the true ending, they've got 5 dungeons out of 8 total remaining.I'd say that ... [more]
I don't get it.
#24 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I agree with Kombat. When you are playing the game, you never really fell like "what the fuck, this needs to end." There were multiple occasions where I wasted 3-4 hours in front of the screen without realizing it.

#25 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -
Kombat said:
Feanor said: This game seems a little long winded if that much is left. It might seem that way if ... [more]
The length has not deterred me from wanting to play this game.  I'm more or less surprised at how long it actually is.
#26 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

God damn, and they keep on talking as if the game is about to end.

#27 Edited by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

We didn't think they would beat that early boss after spending an entire day turning that damn capsule machine ether, but they pulled it off, they'll get the true ending, alright!

These guys care about not spoiling it for themselves- but they also care about putting on a good show. I bet Jeff or Vinny have already studied exactly how to get the true ending. (But I haven't, so don't spoil it!)

#28 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
Dany said:
God damn, and they keep on talking as if the game is about to end.

I bet in secret they are fully aware that they aren't halfway done yet.
#29 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

while they do still have 5 dungeons left...

*SPOILERS*

The last two are only accessed by getting the good and true endings, and the last one must be completed in 1 day...so they wouldn't be putting off clearing it for social links since that wouldn''t be an option. Plus the second to last dungeon opens up after most of the s links lose availability. Once they get past the next three dungeons (void quest and the two after that), things should pick up a bit.

*END SPOILERS*

#30 Posted by ChrisTaran (1584 posts) -
FrankCanada97 said:
Dany said: God damn, and they keep on talking as if the game is about to end. I bet in ... [more]
I think they're using the fabled "sarcasm" trick when they're alluding to being done soon.
Crazy, I know.

#31 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Yeah, the game's quite long, but it never gets dull, so the only way I can see the Endurance Run failing to Endure is if the game gets too hard. The "True Ending" final boss and the boss at the end of their current dungeon are the only ones I had trouble from the point they're at and on.

#32 Posted by Jeremy_x (447 posts) -

Didnt the two in Ep 76 say they would quit (=cancel) P4 this week, can anyone clarify?
Judging their current speed, I guess 150 maybe 200 total seems realistic for normal ending IF they continue...

#33 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

It won't be that long. I beat the game within 70 hours, and I played pretty much the same way that Vinny and Jeff are. They're at 40 hours now, and have four (or five) more dungeons to go. The game definitely speeds up from this point, so I'm guessing that they'll be done around the 150 mark..

#34 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

If they just do random shit on the part that decides weather you get the good ending or not, a lot of people are gonna be pissed. Someone has to notify them.

#35 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
MetalGearSunny said:
If they just do random shit on the part that decides weather you get the good ending or not, a ... [more]
That I will do.
#36 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -

Kepp in mind that in the begining they wanted 15-20 minute episodes with an occasional 30 minute one.  Now its 30 minutes episodes which occasional 45minutes -1 hour ones.  So while they are about 1/2 way through, they are likely past the half way point in terms of the numbr of episodes.

#37 Edited by BR4DL3I9H (259 posts) -

I am playing catch up with the Persona 4 Endurance run, and i am up to episode 27. So the idea of there being 200 episode total, seems both great and daunting at the same time. I am going to go with great though.

#38 Posted by lord_canti (1507 posts) -

wow did not think there was that meny remaining

#39 Posted by Drebin_893 (2909 posts) -

I lost interest in the Endurance Run around episode 65. I'd already played the game through once and managed to get the true ending, so after they ran out of things to mock there was nothing left for me to get out of it.

#40 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

The True Ending was kind of meh, good ending would be enough without dragging things on.

Would prefer them to get the bad ending as it's the only one I havn't seen.

#41 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

Wow, sounds like they have a ton of episodes to go, looks like this is gonna be a hell of a series.

#42 Posted by Kohe321 (3523 posts) -

How much hardisk space is this thing going to consume on their servers? I heard that one was like 50-60gb? Wow... XD

#43 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
Kohe321 said:
How much hardisk space is this thing going to consume on their servers? I heard that one was like 50-60gb? ... [more]
Yep it's costing them alot of money to do these I think.
#44 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -
Feanor said:
The game is long winded because they are playing it while making commentary; they are 41 hours in roughly and still have 5 dungeons left for the true ending. The game took me 62.5 hour with the true ending plus figure about another 1.5 for wipes on bosses. They still have 4 months or so in game still, they got plenty to do. I figure atleast 125 or so more episodes and they will get the good or true ending and will use a guide on how to get there, it is silly to lose out on 5+ hours of gameplay because you don't want to look up some correct answers and where to go and whom to talk to at the "end".
#45 Posted by hakunin (388 posts) -
Vorbis said:
The True Ending was kind of meh, good ending would be enough without dragging things on.Would prefer them to get ... [more]

Man, you can watch that on youtube if you really want to depress yourself.
#46 Posted by hakunin (388 posts) -
Vorbis said:
The True Ending was kind of meh, good ending would be enough without dragging things on.Would prefer them to get ... [more]

Man, you can watch that on youtube if you really want to depress yourself.
#47 Edited by Fallen189 (4988 posts) -

/spoilers

Void quest/ Naotos Lab/Nanakos heaven/Adachis inaba then the true end dungeon.

Could be a LONG time left. I finished true today at 59 hours. They have all the above but only at 40 hours.

#48 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -
Subject2Change said:
Feanor said: This game seems a little long winded if that much is left. The game is long winded because ... [more]
Well that seems reasonable, makes it just as long as Lost Odyssey.
#49 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -
Yeah I thought about watching the bad ending on there but I dont want to be depressed, however if they get the bad ending I have no choice so it works out.

@Fallen189 You're meant to put the spoiler warning before your post, not after it.
#50 Posted by Geoff (30 posts) -

My game time was 65 hours for the true ending, so they have about 25 hours to go, although they seem to going along pretty slowly so it could be anywhere up to another 35-40 hours. The last two dungeons are pretty easy, but they will need to learn that physical attacks are good, it's stats that matter not levels, and to use Mudo and Hama more, otherwise they dont have a chance of even finishing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.